If you are thinking of owning a bearded dragon, then you may need to find the perfect name for your new baby. This article will help you make a decision regarding your new lizard’s name. Read through this article for 100 bearded dragon names.
100 Bearded Dragon Names
1. Ruby: This valuable, fiery gem is prized by dragons in mythological lore.
2. Goliath: A creature of enormous size and strength.
3. Trogdor: This name belongs to the being known as The Burninator.
4. Beardzilla: Reveal the power of the “beard” of your dragon.
5. Rex: Meaning king, this was the title of the great Tyrannosaurus.
6. Ares: The name for the Greek god of war.
7. Hydra: A mythological creature known for its regenerative abilities.
8. Merlin: A powerful wizard who advised King Arthur.
9. Jaws: A famous shark made famous by the movies of the same name.
10. Titan: The class of beings that brought forth the gods in Greek mythology.
11. Smilie: These lizards are known for their charismatic smiles.
12. Snapdragon: A beautiful flower known for its clusters of dragon-like faces.
13. Blaze: Evokes and image of the fire and fury of the dragons.
14. Zippo: A famous, high-quality brand of lighters.
15. Wyrm: An ancient dragon of incredible power and ability.
16. Sentinel: A guardian known for its vigilance.
17. Ridgeback: The Norwegian Ridgeback from the series, “Harry Potter.”
18. Puff: Frolicker of the autumn mist in the land of Honahlee.
19. Snoot: Because bearded dragons have such cute noses.
20. Spike: The neck of the bearded dragon is covered with spiny scales.
21. Carbon: The element that, when exposed to great pressure and time, turns to diamond.
22. Magma: The word for lava while it is still underground.
23. Bolas: A magical dragon with the ability to traverse the planes of existence.
24. Fabio: A male model known for his long hair who appeared on novella covers.
25. Arizona: Known for its deserts and habitat for bearded dragons.
26. Daisy: A flower, which would be an ironic name for a spiny lizard.
27. Professor: A nickname for an educated, intelligent person – or lizard.
28. Fluffy: Ironic, because lizards do not have fur.
29. Bones: Lizards have bones inside of their body.
30. Mojave: The name of a famous desert that is habitat to the bearded dragon.
31. Leonidas: An ancient Spartan archagetai, or king.
32. Fox: Another type of animal, though it is a mammal.
33. Smaug: A fictional dragon from the series, “The Lord of the Rings.”
34. Annihilator: This word denotes the destruction and obliteration.
35. Dinosaur: The clade, Dinosaura, make up the ancestors of modern reptiles.
36. Hornsby: The name acknowledges the importance of the beard of the lizard.
37. Napoleon: The name of numerous French military leaders.
38. Reptar: A fictional character from the television show, “Rugrats.”
39. Basilisk: The powerful reptile from the series, “Harry Potter.”
40. Lezard: The French word for lizard.
41. Cthulu: A Lovecraftian cosmic entity considered a Great Old One.
42. Muscles: The organ of the body associated with strength.
43. Falcor: The luckdragon from fictional series, “The Neverending Story.”
44. Pendragon: The last name of King Arthur and his father, Uther.
45. Geico: The name of the lizard mascot of an insurance company by the same name.
46. Karma: Karma, karma, karma, chameleon.
47. Charizard: A fictional character from the series and game, “Pokemon.”
48. Blackbeard: Bearded dragon beards turn black when displaying for dominance.
49. Jade: A valuable stone often used for artwork and jewelry.
50. Gojira: The Japanese pronunciation of Godzilla.
51. Tiamat: The mother of all chromatic dragons.
52. Donatello: A character in the fictional show, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.”
53. Cupcake: A cute name for a lizard.
54. Spot: A traditional name for a dog, which can be humorously used for a lizard.
55. Herps: Herpetology is the study of reptiles.
56. Precious: A name to show how much you value your bearded dragon.
57. Chimera: A monster from Greek mythology, and sibling to the hydra and Cerberus.
58. Nessie: The nickname for the Loch Ness Monster.
59. Balerion: The largest dragon in the fictional series, “Game of Thrones.”
60. Mushu: In the movie, “Mulan”, this is the name of the guardian of the main character.
61. Draco: The name of the dragon in the movie, “Dragonheart.”
62. Spyro: The protagonist dragon in the video game series of the same name.
63. Typhon: In Greek mythology, he was the father of many monsters.
64. Echidna: The mother of many monsters in Greek mythology.
65. Nidhogg: The dragon which chews on the roots of the World Tree in Norse mythology.
66. Agave: A type of desert cactus.
67. Twain: A historical figure known for his satire.
68. Whiskers: An ironic name for a reptile that doesn’t have whiskers.
69. Beast: Denoting strength and ferocity.
70. Dizzy: Bearded lizards sway and nod.
71. Huffy: In displays of dominance, these lizards puff out their neck.
72. Stubs: Their neck may look like beard stubble.
73. Waddles: Lizards often walk with a waddle.
74. Ngarrand: The Australian aboriginal word for bearded dragon.
75. Gex: The protagonist lizard of a video game of the same name.
76. Lincoln: An American president known for his beard.
77. Chomper: The way these lizards eat may look like chomping.
78. Eclipse: A celestial event that evokes magical thoughts.
79. Thor: A powerful god of Norse mythology.
80. Dart: For bearded lizards that run quickly.
81. Lotus: Some lizards are fairly relaxed, like a meditative monk of Buddhism.
82. Alpha: When lizards want to be the boss of everyone.
83. Terminator: For how lizards hunt their prey.
84. Bahamut: King of the good dragons, known as the platinum dragon.
85. Claurung: This is the father of all dragons in “Lord of the Rings”.
86. Yoshi: Mario’s faithful steed and friend.
87. Gyo: A mountain dragon from Korean mythology.
88. Trevor: Nevelle Longbottom’s frog in the series, “Harry Potter.”
89. Cleopatra: An ancient ruler of Egypt, who was known for her beauty.
90. Chubs: For particularly fat bearded dragons.
91. Spartacus:A Thracian slave who led a rebellion against the Roman Republic.
92. Norbert: The name of Hagrid’s dragon.
93. Chops: Like the beard style known as mutton chops.
94. Saffron: For the lizard’s yellow-orange coloration.
95. Behemoth: To indicate the size of a particularly large lizard.
96. Ulysses: Ulysses Grant was a general and president who was known for his beard.
97. Bender: A robot character from the television series, “Futurama.”
98. Darwin: A famous scientist who is known as the Father of Evolution.
99. Vegas: A famous city located in the Nevada desert.
100. Rocky: The natural environment of bearded lizards.