Having a best friend is one of the most refreshing feelings in the world. Your best friend is like your soulmate, the person who truly understands you.
Show your best friend a little love by sharing one of these quotes with them!
1. A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself — and specially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is. ― Jim Morrison
2. A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.
3. A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have. — Irish Proverb
4. A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation or being together. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends never part.
5. A true friend is someone who will always love you — the imperfect, the confused, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do.
6. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. — Albert Camus
7. Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul. — Steve Maraboli
8. Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives. – Alexander Dumas
9. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one. ― C.S. Lewis
10. Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything. ― Muhammad Ali
11. Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together. – Woodrow T. Wilson
12. Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. – C.S. Lewis
13. Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who walked in to your life, said “I’m here for you,” and PROVED it.
14. Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that. – Ally Condie
15. I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. – Plutarch
16. I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff. – Jon Katz
17. I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. – Robert Brault
18. I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light. — Helen Keller
19. If you wanna find out who’s a true friend, screw up or go through a challenging time … then see who sticks around. — Karen Salmonsohn
20. It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. – Marlene Dietrich
21. Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
22. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. – Oprah Winfrey
23. My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. – Henry Ford
24. Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next. – Dean Koontz
25. Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. — Henry David Thoreau
26. Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them. — Anna Taylor
27. Some souls just understand each other upon meeting. — N.R. Hart
28. Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over. – Octavia Butler
29. The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away. – Barbara Kingsolver
30. The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. The language of friendship is not words but meanings. – Henry David Thoreau
32. The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. — Elizabeth Foley
33. There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you. – Paramahansa Yogananda
34. There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. ― Linda Grayson
35. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature. — Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
36. There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends. ― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
37. Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected. – Charles Lamb
38. True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable. – David Tyson Gentry
39. True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.
40. We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over. – Ray Bradbury
41. Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. – Aristotle
42. In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends. – John Churton Collins
43. You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job. – Laurence J. Peter
44. Every friendship travels at some time through the black valley of despair. This tests every aspect of your affection. You lose the attraction and the magic. Your sense of each other darkens and your presence is sore. If you can come through this time, it can purify with your love, and falsity and need will fall away. It will bring you onto new ground where affection can grow again. – John O’Donohue
45. Do not save your loving speeches; For your friends till they are dead; Do not write them on their tombstones; Speak them rather now instead. –Anna Cummins
46. My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. -Henry Ford
47. It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds. It’s your best friends who are supremely resilient, made under pressure and of astonishing value. They’re everlasting; they can cut glass if they need to. -Gina Barreca
48. The biggest ingredient in a best friend is someone whose actions you respect and who you can truly be yourself around. -Renee Olstead
49. My dad is my best friend, my father, and my boss. When I do something that is exciting and he likes it, it feels three times as good as you can imagine. -David Lauren
50. I believe in soulmates, yes, but I believe you also have to work at love. I happen to believe your soulmate doesn’t have to be your partner – your soulmate could be your best friend, your sibling, it doesn’t have to be the person you marry. -Cheryl Cole
51. Picking a best friend who stands up for what she believes in, is true to herself and allows you to be yourself without judgement of how ‘cool’ you are? Well, now you’re picking a friend for life. -Renee Olstead
52. Everyone is your best friend when you are successful. Make sure that the people that you surround yourself with are also the people that you are not afraid of failing with. -Paula Abdul
53. That was what a best friend did: hold up a mirror and show you your heart. ―Kristin Hannah, Firefly Lane
54. True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend. ―Faye Hall, My Gift to You
55. Ten minutes with a genuine friend is better than years spent with anyone less. ―Crystal Woods
56. Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.” ―Emily Wing Smith, Back When You Were Easier to Love
57. I mean really if you can’t count on your best friend to go to jail with you, what good are they? ―Janice Hardy, Blue Fire
58. That’s the cool thing about having a best friend. They know what your pain feels like already, so you don’t have to explain it. ―Susane Colasanti, Take Me There
59. The difference between your friend and your best friend is that your friend asks, ‘Are you are ok?’ and your best friend asks, ‘Do you want to talk about it?’ ―Savania China
60. You’re not my best friend. You’re my sister, and that’s more. ― Jenny Han, P.S. I Still Love You
Take a moment to appreciate your best friend by sending them one of these quotes today!