Bowling leagues are a popular activity for friends, co-workers and drinking buddies. Currently, there are an estimated 67 million people who go bowling in the United States every year. With this in mind, we have compiled a list of the best bowling puns, captions and sayings. You could use these as your team logo or just as inspiration before your next bowling tournament.
1. Guts or gutters?…..Guts We can hope.
2. Bowlers do it in alleys. Nice one.
3. Cleaning up the strikes. Hopefully,
4. Mind over matter……because in our mind, you don’t matter. That’s a twist on it.
5. I hear the bowling thunder. Forget rolling thunder.
6. I’m so good your mom cheers for me. Ouch.
7. Bowling to perfection. Yes, you are!
8. Try it, you’ll strike it. Cute.
9. Bowling is a sport for people who have talent to spare. This is a funny bowling pun.
10. Bowling Alley: The poor man’s country club. Are you saying I’m poor?
11. Men of character knows their limitations – but don’t accept them. This is inspirational.
12. 12 strikes and you’re perfect. Yes, you area.
13. Nothing but strikes. We can hope.
14. You should call us butter ’cause we are on a roll. I love rolls.
15. Bowling Babes. Cute.
16. Bowlers always have time to spare. It’s whether they want to spare the time that matters.
17. Shut up and bowl. Fun.
18. Ten pin alley. Nice!
19. Your mom called. You left your game at home. Ouch!
20. To play against me you gotta have guts. To play against my team you gotta be nuts. This bowling saying gets bonus points for rhyming.
21. Some call them opponents, I call them victims. Uh-oh. The other team had better watch out!
22. Bowling: All the cool kids are doing it. Nice!
23. Bowling is fun in your SPARE time. Ha-ha.
24. I’m on a drinking team (with a bowling problem!). I don’t see many trophies in your future.
25. It’s not bragging if you can back it up! True enough.
26. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. Very inspirational.
27. Bowlers never die, they just end up in the gutter. True.
28. Clean Sweeps. This is an easy bowling pub to use.
29. Strikes ‘R’ Us. Cute.
30. A true man of character knows his limitations – but doesn’t care. Nice.
31. Keep calm and bowl on. You go, guys!
32. They say we are a bowling team with a drinking problem. I say we’re a drinking team with a bowling problem. Either way, you have a problem.
33. Bowling is a sport for people who have talent to spare. You could call your team Wasted Talent and use this as the slogan.
34. No Smoking – Just a Lucky Strike! Clever.
35. Bowlers: Keep your minds out of the gutter. Good luck with that goal.
36. Leave no pin standing. Funny.
37. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard. This is a fun saying.
38. Why should bowling alleys be quiet? So you can hear a pin drop!
39. After hours of waiting for the bowling alley, we finally got the ball rolling. Nice.
40. I went bowling with an army general the other day. He started bowling before I’d even entered his name on the scoreboard – he launched a pre-emptive strike. Very clever.
41. What kind of cats like to go bowling? Alley cats!
42. My favorite sport is bowling because I always strike out with the girls. Fun!
43. What do a bowler and a Thanksgiving guest have in common? They both want a turkey!
44. Why do bowlers make bad employees? Because they are always going on strike.
45. Why do bad bowlers pay so much to play? Because it’s a bum per lane.
46. Did you know the best football players are super bowlers? Yes, I did.
47. We call our team Lightening because we get so many strikes. That would make for a great bowling team name.
48. If you knock down all the pins, please spare me the details. If you are on the other team, that is.
49. Bowling: The one sport where you can get three strikes and not be out. That’s my kind of sport.
50. Play like you’re in first, train like you’re in second. Good idea.
51. King Pin. Clever.
52. I hope you like animals ’cause I’m a beast. Me too!
53. Eat. Sleep. Bowl. You might need a more varied lifestyle.
54. Bowling is right up my alley. Very punny.
55. I’m right up your alley. This sounds like a pick up line.
56. Gutter Ball Gurus. Cute.
57. It’s not how you bowl, it’s how you roll. Nice.
58. The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary is that little extra. True.
59. Strike it up with the gang. Clever.
60. Professional bowlers: Don’t try this at home. We’re professionals now, are we?
61. Teamwork makes the dream work. True enough.
62. You can throw balls and strikes, but the only pitchers are on the table. That’s a good point.
63. There’s more to life than bowling; but not much. I can’t think of anything more important.
64. Rock n’ Bowl Cool.
65. Bowling: That’s how I roll. True enough.
66. Gotta bowl. This is a very easy bowling saying to use. It could even be your team name.
67. Let’s knock ’em down. Nice.
68. I’m new at this; what’s your excuse? I don’t have one. I’m just not that talented.
69. Got bowl?. Clever.
70. I hear the bowling thunder and lightening strikes. Get it?
71. Keep your balls out of the gutter. Good luck with that one.
72. My bowling team rocks! Mine, too!
73. If you don’t get a strike…Spare Me! Where’s the team spirit and positive attitudes?
74. Let the pins fall where they may. Just as long as they fall!
75. Make your competitive juices overcome your excuses. This one gets bonus points for rhyming.
76. Pinhead Pride Cute.
77. Its about playing catch & throwing strikes. This is a fun bowling pun.
78. No splits too wide if you got the balls. Nice one.
79. Knocking them down, one pin at a time. Just keep rolling.
80. Split happens. True.
81. Never a good time to clean the gutters. You got that right.
82. Professional bowler: Don’t try this at home. I won’t.
83. There’s plenty of room at the top, but no room to lie down. Lie ’em down already!
84. What happens at the bowling alley, stays at the bowling alley. That’s a good idea.
85. That’s how I roll. Cute.
86. Striking to perfection. We’ll get there sooner or later.
87. There’s not a moment to spare! Funny, very funny.
88. Spare me. No, spare me!
89. When you hear them say STRIKE, you can go take a hike! Nice.
90. Spiffy Spares. Cute.
91. We don’t remember days…we remember moments. Let’s make some moments then!
92. Strike it up with the gang. This is a simple bowling pun to use.
93. Bowling Madness. This sounds more like a bowling team name than a bowling pun or saying.
94. Bowling: You can’t beat the 85 cents shoes. Yuck. That is my least favorite part about bowling.
95. Too Drunk to Win. Uh-oh.
96. It’s not bragging if you have the talent to back it up. True enough.
97. We’re a lean, mean bowling machine. Nice.
98. Knock ’em down and lay ’em out. This sounds motivational.
99. Bowling Our Hearts Out. This bowling pun sounds like it would be a great team name.
100. My bowling team rocks (and rolls)! Cute, very cute!