When someone you care about loses a family member or loved one, it is hard to find the right words to comfort them. In times of grief, it seems like nothing is appropriate or enough to comfort a friend in their sadness. These top 40 Christian condolences will help you find the words to express your grief and sympathy after someone suffers a terrible loss.
40 Examples of what to write in a condolence message
1. Only God can understand the feelings that are running through your heart right now. Only He has the strength to restore your spirit after such a loss. If you ever need support, I can pray with you at any time.
2. We pray that the love of our Lord enfolds you during such a difficult time. With time and his love, may he help you to heal from this loss.
3. He left this world after so much suffering. He will always be remembered as an amazing father, husband and grandfather. May God always keep him beside us so that he may watch over and guide us until we all meet again.
4. After all of the goodbyes have been said and the tears have been dried away, we are left with the happy memories of him. No matter how much time has passed, he will remain alive within our hearts and minds. Through our memories, he will continue to live on.
5. I can only offer my prayers, flowers and thoughts of love. When her soul was summoned to heaven, it left behind countless mourners who grieve such a terrible loss. No matter how much time has passed, we will love her forever and always keep her within our hearts.
6. Our prayers are with you and your family during this time of grief. May God provide you with comfort and solace to help you along this time of need.
7. We were deeply saddened to hear of your loss. Our hearts are with you and your family now. May God guide (Name’s) soul to heaven where we can meet him again.
8. I can only offer my most sincere, deepest condolences at this time. No words can ever express the gravity of your loss. May the soul of (Name) rest in peace with our Lord.
9. I like to think that the stars are not just starts, but openings in heaven where the love of people we have lost can pour through and warm us with their happiness. If my wish were to come true, I am sure that (Name) would be the brightest of stars.
10. I am praying for you at this difficult time. May God bring you the peace of knowing that he loves you and will care for (Name) now that (Name) is with him in heaven.
11. No words can truly erase the loss that you and your family bear. Know that you are close in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you strength and courage to face life without such a blessed family member.
12. May God’s forgiveness grant him eternal rest and bliss in heaven. He was a wonderful husband, brother, son-in-law and uncle. To everyone he knew him, he was a source of light and joy. May he be rewarded for the light he so freely shared with others.
13. During this sorrowful time, I just wanted to express my heartfelt condolences. May our Lord comfort you and your family during this time of grief.
14. We pray that the Lord will give you courage and strength while you undergo this time of bereavement. Whenever you struggle, we offer you our prayers, friendship and love. May God grant you peace.
15. May God bless you and your family. May he comfort you during your grief. I offer my sincere condolences. She was a role model for everyone who knew her, and now she is one of God’s dearest angels.
16. My heart filled with sorrow when I heard the news about (Name). I cannot express how sad I was to hear of this loss. You have my sincerest condolences.
17. One of the best hearts to walk the earth has stopped beating. One of God’s dearest souls has joined him in heaven. No matter how much time has passed, we will always remember the pain of losing such a special soul.
18. I admired (Name) for his amazing Christian faith and strength of character. Over the years, I have been constantly inspired by the things he did and what he said while he was alive. He continues to live on in my heart and memory.
19. It was with great heartache that we heard of your loss. May God bless his soul and keep him close.
20. May God bless and comfort you during your time of grief. Please accept our prayers and condolences. You are constantly in our hearts and minds.
21. I just wanted to send my deepest sympathies to you and your loved ones. May God grant you peace and comfort during this time of loss. May the spirit of your loved one rest in peace so that you may one day meet again.
22. I am truly sorry to hear the news of your tragic loss. May God comfort you and your family. Please accept our condolences. We pray that God will hasten the journey of her soul to heaven.
23. During such a terrible ordeal, it can seem like there is nowhere to turn. Everything reminds you of the love one you have lost. During this time, we will pray for you and your family. May God give him eternal rest that he so well deserves. Our sincerest condolences.
24. Please accept our condolences. While nothing could bring peace during such a time, know that we are here for you if you need us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.
25. I am at such a loss for words. There is nothing that I could say that could ever ease the burden of your loss. Please accept my sincerest condolences anyway. We will be praying for you and your family.
26. Please accept our deepest condolences. We pray that she will be among those who awaken on the day the Lord arrives for us all.
27. We wanted to offer the support of our thoughts, love and prayers during this difficult time. He was an example to all who knew him, and the world has lost one of its kindest souls today.
28. During this time of grief, there is nothing that can truly comfort you. Our souls are only at peace because we know that he is now an angel watching over us. Know that you are in our prayers. May God give you comfort and peace as you heal from this tragic loss.
29. We write to pay homage to a pious man who was a beloved brother, father, son and friend. May all who knew him find comfort in knowing that he is in God’s hands now.
30. I am terribly sorry to hear about the death of your (insert relationship of deceased person). May my condolences bring you a measure of peace and consolation during this difficult time.
31. We were saddened to hear of your loss. Our only consolation is knowing that she is now watching down on us from heaven. As we celebrate a life well-lived, know that our thoughts and prayers are always with you.
32. I pray that you will find strength, courage and peace during this difficult time. You have our deepest sympathies.
33. I cannot even start to understand what you and your family must be feeling right now. All I can do is offer my deepest condolences and prayers for you and (Name).
34. May our condolences bring you a measure of comfort. May our prayers help to ease the pain of such a loss.
35. He went to heaven too soon and left behind such pain and tears. May God rest his soul.
36. May my friendship, prayers and sympathy help to comfort you during this tough time.
37. All of my life, I admired his kindness and love. May God forgive him for his sins and take him to stay with the angels.
38. Our hearts were saddened to hear of your loss. May the memories that you have of (Name) and the love of your family bring you strength during the trying days ahead.
39. Tears and flowers are all we can leave at his grave. His memory remains in our hearts forever.
40. We remember him in our prayers and in our fondest memories. Nothing can replace the hole that he has left behind, but know that you are in our prayers. We offer our sincerest condolences. If you ever need support, love or someone to pray with, we are always here.