These closing prayers are useful for when you are closing a meeting or a gathering. They can help you to show thanksgiving to the Lord for allowing you to gather. These prayers also ask God for his love and mercy for everyone who serves him. Some of the prayers include quotes from the Bible as well. Depending on the type of meeting, you may want to modify the closing prayers so they suit your organization’s goal or purpose.
God has given us so many things in life, so it only makes sense that we would take time to thank him. At the close of the meeting, these closing prayers can help you to thank God for allowing everyone the good health and time to gather together. They can also help you to ask for his blessings and his love as everyone leaves to go out into the world.
1. We thank you Lord for every prayer that we have prayed and everything that we have learned. Thank you for the songs that we have sung together, the laughter and the fun. Thank you for all of the joy and wonderful times that we have shared together. As we walk into another day, may we walk with you and be guided by you in every thing that we do today and forever. Amen.
2. Thank you, Lord, for giving us the good health to gather here today. We know how busy life can be, so we thank you for giving each member of this group the time to come here and hear your word. Thank you for all of the blessings that you have given us in our lives. As we go out into the world, we pray that you help us to love and serve you better in everything that we do. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
3. May God bless all of us who were brought together. May he make all things whole and provide us with chances to please him. He who made the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus’ blood to seal the eternal covenant, who brought the dead to life and healed the sick, now gives us the chance to go out into the world in his name. May we always be guided closer to you and live by Jesus’ example. Amen.
4. Father, thank you for all of the wonderful things that you have done here today. Thank you for your love that you have shown us and that we have been able to share together. We pray that we will continue to learn and understand the words that you have sown within our hearts today. Care for these words, protect them and help them to take root. In time, help your words grow and blossom into wonderful things. As we prepare to leave here, we thank you for always walking with us. May we always here your word and strive to live within your love. For yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory, now and forever. Amen.
5. Dear Lord, thank you for allowing us to gather and share this moment together. Thank you for giving us the time to rest, to connect with heaven and to hear your promises. Thank you for allowing us to join together as brothers and sisters. We have breathed in the wonder of your love and the amazement of your kingdom. We pray that we will continue to grow in our love for you through each day of our lives. Amen.
6. May God always hold us in the palm of his hand and enfold us close to him. May the road rise to meet us and the wind be at our backs. May the sun shine warmly upon us and the rain always be gentle. May the stars shine in greeting and the moon smile upon us as we lay down to rest. May we continue to follow you each and every day of our lives.
7. Thank you for coming to our gathering to inspire and encourage our souls. We have all left our jobs and homes to gather here today. Thank you for blessing us and allowing us to grow in our knowledge of you. Through your mercy, keep us free from sin and guide us as we begin the rest of our week. Amen.
8. Almighty God, Restorer, Creator, Savior and Redeemer, we thank you for all that you have done for us. As we leave worship today, help us to remember this moment and connection with you. No matter what struggles we face within the week ahead, help us to remember you in everything that we do. May we carry your kingdom and your love in our hearts throughout every moment of the day. As we leave here today, we pray that we may become examples of your love to the rest of the world. Amen.
9. Dear God, thank you for giving us such an amazing world. We are thankful that you have given us this opportunity to learn more about you. As we go forward to meet the rest of the world, may we carry this new knowledge within our hearts. May your words impact our minds, relationships and lives. May each of our actions during this week help us to walk in your path and to better serve you. We thank you for all of the blessings you have given us and ask that we may continue to grow in your love. Amen.
10. Even in a world beset by darkness and confusion, your love lights our way. We come from busy careers, hectic homes and heavy burdens, but you have given us hope. We thank you for giving us the time to gather here today and the good health that allowed us to take part. Thank you for all of the seeds of wisdom that you have planted during this time. As we go out into the world, may each seed blossom into the fullness of your love, kindness and mercy. Amen.