Struggling with a loss is incredibly difficult, and it can be hard to figure out what to say to someone that is hurting so intensely. These 100 condolence messages for loss will help you find the perfect statement to send off to your loved one in their hour of need.
- Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
This is beautiful because those are all things one should remember when struggling with a terrible loss.
- Words can’t wipe away your tears. Hugs won’t ease your pain. But hold on to your memories. Forever they’ll remain.
A wonderful poem that is almost brutally honest about loss, but it’s an honest poem that will help someone to always remember the good times no matter what.
- Those we love can never be more than a thought away, for as long as there’s a memory, they live in our hearts to stay.
So wonderfully put, and absolutely true. Think of the memories and they’ll always be around in spirit.
- Though our words can do little, we hope our thoughts and prayers will support you through this time.
There is not much anyone can do for someone suffering with a loss, but it’s nice to know that others are thinking and praying for us.
- Life is but a stopping place, a pause in what’s to be, a resting place along the road to sweet eternity. We all have different journeys, different paths along the way. We all are meant to learn some things but never meant to stay. Our destination is a place far greater than we know, for some, the journey’s quicker, for some, the journey’s slow. And when the journey finally ends, we’ll claim a great reward, and find an everlasting peace together with the Lord.
Beautiful for the Christian men and women out there.
- May the constant love of caring friends soften your sadness, cherished memories bring you moments of comfort, and lasting peace surround your grieving heart.
A lovely little sympathy quote that holds a lot of meaning and depth.
- Grief never ends, but it changes. It’s a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. Grief is the price of love.
Incredibly true, we all have to deal with grief when we have love for someone.
- If you embrace the sadness of bidding fond farewell to one whom you love, here’s hoping that your friends and family comfort you, the faith will uphold you, and that all your loving memories will help you smile warmly again….. in due time.
We all get through it, in due time.
- I wish I had words to lighten your agony but sometimes words are just not enough. Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
A wonderful message for someone when you just don’t know what to say.
- There are no words to say how sorry I am. I can’t make things better, but I can listen when you want to talk, hug you when you feel like crying, and be there whenever you need me….
What more can you do? Wonderful message for the grieving.
- Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near, so loved, so missed, so very dear.
Such a true, special message; doesn’t get much more beautiful than this.
- I wish I could express the sorrow I feel, just knowing you are bearing a loss so profound. May it comfort you to know that others care. If I can help you in any way, don’t hesitate to let me know.
That’s the best thing to tell someone- you’re there no matter what and for whatever they need.
- I am praying for you to have peace and strength at this time. You have my deepest sympathies.
Simple, but very meaningful.
- With heartfelt sympathy, thinking of you at this time and wishing you God’s peace.
Another short and very heartfelt condolence message.
- Although it’s difficult to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
Nothing can replace those memories, hold them near.
- For some moments in life, there are simply no words to describe the pain with us.
So true, so true.
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
Always have to hold those memories close.
- May you and your family have a lovely evening and a peaceful night’s rest.
That’s what we all want on a tough day when we’re grieving, right?
- With heartfelt sympathy. So sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Short, but what else can you possibly say?
- When a loved one becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
So touching and true, wow.
- Sending you angel feathers and blessings to remind you they are there.
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
A cute little message from Dr Seuss that always holds true in any terrible situation.
- As you comprehend this profound loss, let yourself cry knowing each tear is a note of love rising to the heavens.
It’s okay to cry, always remember that.
- Words cannot really pay for your loss in life, but I can at least pray for you. You will always remain in my prayer and come out of this. God bless you!
A very endearing message for someone grieving.
- When the sunset of sorrow befalls on you, look by your side, an Angel of God will always be with you to comfort and strengthen you. May God be with you in your loss.
The perfect message for spiritual folk.
- I know it is tough to see anything beyond this hour of grief, but you shall overcome this phase by recollecting the good memories you shared with him/her. Please stay strong!
Remind them to remain strong in this time where they feel anything BUT strong.
- Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free. I’ve left behind some misery. My days of youthful agility were no longer a possibility. My weak joints and cloudy eyes, were longing for the heavenly skies. Before I lost all my dignity, you let me enter eternity. Don’t grieve for me, you’ve set me free, just remember how I used to be!
A lovely poem with a different take that shows the person who has passed is joyful, and not to grieve their passing.
- Wishing you hope in the midst of sorrow, comfort in the midst of pain.
- With sincere condolences in your time of sorrow.
The most basic condolence, but powerful and loving nonetheless.
- Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather opening in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down to let us know they are happy.
This is such a magical condolence message!
- Thinking of you in this time of loss.
Stunning, very simple sympathy message for someone grieving.
- When the joys are still remembered but the sorrow has quietly gone, there will always be a special place in the heart where love lives on.
Love never dies when you truly love someone, no matter what.
- May the gates of heaven open up to reveal strength and comfort in your times of trial and sorrow. God will comfort you.
Another wonderful sympathy message for those who are spiritual.
- Please accept these flowers as a token of my deepest condolences.
A warming gift is always great when you’re grieving, so sending this message with some lovely flowers will definitely cheer them up a tad.
- Nothing can ever take away the love a heart holds dear. Memories linger every day, remembrance keeps them near.
Oh, so incredibly true- every word.
- Remember the joy, forget all the pain. Let all your tears, fall like the rain. Remember the fun, the happy times past. The sadness you’re feeling won’t always last. In deepest sympathy.
Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful condolence poems that will make someone feel a little bit better.
- May you take comfort in knowing an angel is watching over you.
For some, loved ones that have passed become angels watching over us. If that’s the case for the one who is suffering, make sure to remind them they gained a guardian angel and they’re always watching them.
- The Broken Chain- We little knew that day, that God was going to call your name. In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone; for part of us went with you, the day God called you home. You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide, and though we cannot see you, you are always at our side. Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same, but as God calls u one by one, the chain will link again.
- Those we love can never be more than a thought away, for as long as there’s a memory, they live in our hearts to stay.
Love this, it’s SO true!
- My deepest condolences.
The shortest, but very sweet condolence message for someone who is hurting.
- You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.
What more can you say to someone who is hurting oh so badly?
- They bring us love and happiness and comfort without end. It’s hard to face such sadness without your furry friend. In sympathy for the loss of your pet.
Because when pets pass, it’s hard too.
- Life is the greatest gift that God has given us. Death is only a bridge towards eternal life with God. Certainly, heaven is rejoicing for another soul has finally reached his true home. Our deepest condolences!
A beautiful message for the spiritual ones out there.
- May time heal your heart and memories comfort your soul. With sympathy
Simplicity is at its best here, but you can’t go wrong with this lovely, to the point message.
- Life has an end as a candles light would fade, but in the heart, memories yielded will forever be embedded. My deepest condolences.
Love how they compare life to a candle, it’s so unbelievably true; truly a great condolence message.
- A rainbow is a promise, of sunshine after a rain, or calm after storms, of joy after sadness, of peace after pain, of love after loss.
Let rainbows bring you some joy and magic!
- How hard is it to part with those, we hold on earth so fear. The heart no greater trial, know,s no sorrow more severe.
- Gates of memories will never close. How much I miss you no one knows. Days will pass away into years, and we’ll think about those memories with silent tears.
Death is truly something you never completely get over, but hopefully the memories bring some kind of warmth.
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. –Mahatma Gandhi
So true- when you love someone, they NEVER leave you!
- Death brings pain that time can only heal, no words could ease what we truly feel; but with God, her joy is eternally sealed, and cherish her memories that death can’t even steal. Lift up a smile for she is already in the paradise.
Another wonderful sympathy message for Christians.
- Sometimes a special animal enters our lives, their presence changes our hearts forever, and we can call ourselves blessed for having known them. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved friends.
Pet deaths are just as hard, as the love for a pet is just as strong.
- May the angels in heaven send comfort in the days of storm. May the prayers of those you love be with you to give you strength to face the loss.
Very deep and meaningful quote, especially if you are spiritual.
- With heartfelt sympathy, may time heal your heart and memories comfort your soul.
That’s all you can really say to someone who is hurting so bad.
- Always remember, when a cardinal appears in your yard it’s a visitor from Heaven.
This may give them some peace believing their loved one is coming to visit them.
- Those whom we have LOVED never really leave us. They live on forever in our HEARTS and cast their RADIANT LIGHT on our every shadow. –Sylvana Rossetti
Aw, this is so true and incredibly sweet.
- With heartfelt sympathy we wish you God’s peace. In sympathy and friendship, our hearts and prayers are with you at this time.
A basic message that will mean a lot to anyone who receives it.
- Sometimes it helps a little when your grief is hard to bear, to know that there are others who understand and care. So you may find some comfort in this message meant to say, that our sympathetic thoughts go out to you today.
There is some comfort in knowing you’re not alone, so this poem is definitely a great option.
- Warm hugs to you.
Probably the shortest sympathy message on this list, but one that’s very deep and loving.
- I am always here for you.
Definitely something you want to hear when you are grieving- you don’t want to be alone, after all.
- I’m so sorry.
An obvious choice to say to someone when they’re suffering a great loss.
- Gone but not forgotten.
So true, when you love someone and they pass, they are NEVER forgotten.
- Words fall short of expressing my sorrow for your loss.
It’s hard to put it into words when you feel SO bad for someone, and there’s really nothing you can do.
- Always in our hearts. Wishing you comfort.
They will forever live on in the heart!
- When tomorrow starts without me, don’t think we’re far apart; for every time you think of me, I’m right here inside your heart.
A beautiful poem to remind the griever one that they aren’t alone.
- Seasons change and songs do fade, death can never be detached in our fate. Don’t worry we will meet them someday, in heaven where eternal happiness stay. My condolences.
It’s true- we cannot escape death, but we should be hopeful about meeting them again one day.
- Someone so special can never be forgotten.
It’s true, they really can’t ever be forgotten!
- Our animal friends teach us more than we could have expected and love us more than we could have hoped- that’s why we miss them more than we could have imagined.
Pets are truly something wonderful aren’t they? And it really does hurt so bad to lose them.
- So sorry to hear about your loss. Indeed it is a tough time, but this too shall pass. Just stay strong for people who love you and need you.
- Those we hold closest to our hearts never truly leave us, they live on in the kindness they have shared and the love they brought into our lives.
- I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
- There are times when there are too few words left to heal us, when what we wish for is to be carried, when all we have left is the hope that tomorrow will be a more gentle place to land than today.
- An exceptional person he was. He had the will to live. He will be missed forever in time. My deepest condolences to you.
- When sadness fills your heart and memories of your loved one come crashing forth as waves upon a sea shore, know that we will always be close at hand to comfort your ailing heart.
- May the comfort of God comfort you during this difficult time.
- I am in loss of words. I am in loss of thoughts. This would be the toughest time for you in life, as the loss is huge. I pray that their soul rests in peace. Have the courage to face this. This too shall pass in life!
- With a heavy heart, please accept my deep condolences on this death. Anything in the world can’t replace them. But if you are strong enough to face the world, then they would smile at you from heaven. So stay strong!
- Extending deep and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
- His or her going from your life has certainly put a void in your life, but, he or she will always remind in your heart. So, come out of this with the help of prayers!
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. –Matthew 5:4
- It’s hard to forget someone who have you so much to remember.
Which is your favorite? Do you have one of your own?