When you become a grandparent, it is an amazing feeling. It only makes sense that you would want to celebrate when someone else gets to become a grandma as well. These congratulations grandma messages can be sent in a text or written in a card. You can add something personal to your message or use them as they are written to celebrate the birth of a grandchild.
1. When your kids grew up, you thought that the best years of your life were over. Now, this bouncing bundle of joy is about to prove you wrong. Congratulations, Grandma!
2. Congratulations on getting a new ear to listen to all o your wisdom! May your grandchild bring you as much joy as the birth of your children did!
3. A cute grandchild like yours deserves such amazing, loving grandparents like you guys. You are perfect for each other! Congratulations, Grandma!
4. As grandparents, you will get to experience all of the amazing moments that happen as a child grows up. The only difference is that you will be able to take time to appreciate those moments in a way you never had time for when you were a parent. Congrats!
5. A parent’s job is to bring discipline and motivation into the child’s life. A grandparent’s job is to spoil, pamper and cuddle the child to death. You got the best of those jobs for sure! I just hope you are prepared for your new duties. Congratulations, Grandma!
6. Congratulations on being promoted from the title of mother to grandmother. Don’t get too excited just yet though because you may be demoted to the job of babysitter before long! Good luck and congrats!
7. As a grandparent, you are your grandchild’s first friend, best storyteller and first toy. Congratulations!
8. Being a grandparent is one of the greatest joys that you can ever have in life. Being your grandchild will be one of the greatest joys that the little one doesn’t even know about yet!
9. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother. Now, your children will start actually visiting you all the time because they will want to drop the kids off to be babysat. Congrats and have fun!
10. Now, you get all the joy of being a parent again without all of the hassle and hard work. Congrats!
11. Congratulations on finally getting an ally in your battles against your children!
12. Finally, you will get to bore someone other than me with all of your old stories. Congrats on becoming a grandmother!
13. Don’t worry if it feels like you are too young to be a grandmother. You are going to want all of that youthful energy once your grand-kid starts walking! Good luck!
14. I hope your GRANDchildren have a GRAND time hanging out with an amazing GRANDma like you! Congratulations!
15. Grandchildren are the perfect children, and grandparents always perfect parents for grandchildren. Congratulations on finally finding the perfect match!
16. Enjoy your newfound responsibility—you will have to put in a lot of work making sure that your grandchildren are spoiled enough! Congrats!
17. All of your lives have been a series of celebrations. You celebrated your anniversary, Mother’s Day, birthdays and Christmas. Now, you will get to add Grandparent’s Day to the list. Congrats!
18. I would have been so thankful if I could have had you as my grandparents. I have a feeling that you are really going to spoil your new grandchild.
19. Being a grandparent will totally take your breath away—and I don’t just mean when you are trying to catch the running tots. I can’t wait to meet your new miracle—or, at least, your grand-miracle!
20. Congratulations on getting to be a grandparent. Just think of yourself as a parent who always has extra love to give, but no responsibilities to take on. Congrats!
21. May your grandchildren help you reach all o those unfulfilled dreams that you and your children could not accomplish. Congratulations on becoming a proud grandma! I am so happy for you!
22. Being a grandmother will make you into an entirely different person. From now on, you will be nicer and kinder than you ever were as a parent! Have some fun with it!
23. It is time to wake up from your retirement rest because you are about to have a new job now. You will get paid in kind—lots of laughter, warm hugs, adorable smiles and memories to last a lifetime. Congratulations on becoming a grandma!
24. God is blessing you with the chance to have one of the most fun jobs anyone can ever have: being a grandmother. We are so happy for you! Congratulations!
25. Being a grandmother is a chance to finally feel complete. You will be so overcome with love as soon as you see your little grand-baby. Congrats!
26. Your grandchild is not even born yet, but you are already a grandmother. Congrats!
27. Parents are like tall trees who give shade to their children, but grandparents are like the roots that keep everything together. Congrats on being a grandma and grandpa now!
28. If the journey of raising your kids as a young adult was magical and fun enough, getting to watch your grandchildren grow up will be even better. Plus, you have none of the responsibilities! Congratulations!
29. The wait will be worth it once you get to hold your grandchild for the first time. Congrats, Grandma!
30. You might not look old enough to be a grandmother yet, but they will give you a few wrinkles and gray hairs soon enough! Congrats, Grandma!
31. Today, you will finally get to realize why your parents were so excited when your children were born. Congratulations!
32. I just wanted to send you my heartiest congratulations on becoming a grandmother to an adorable baby (boy/girl). Good health to the newborn and the parents! I also wanted to send along some gifts for the proud grandparents and baby. Congrats!
33. Now that your family has grown by one, may you never have to run out of fun. Congrats!
34. Welcome to the world of changing diapers, non-stop crying and spills all over again. Congrats and have some fun with it!
35. The peace and quiet of your retirement is about to be totally ruined by the sweet sounds and joyous cries of your grandchildren. Congratulations, Grandma!
36. We are so thrilled to hear that you are about to be a grandmother—we can only imagine how excited you must be about it! Congrats!
37. Life with grandchildren might be chaotic at times, but it is always full of love, laughter and magic. Congrats!
38. Your children have given you a new job that is right up your alley—being an amazing, loving grandmother. Congratulations, you deserve it!
39. While this card might be beautiful, I hope the wishes inside are equally so. I wanted to send the heartiest wishes for the birth of your sweet grandchild and a happy experience for your entire families. May your grandchild and all of your family enjoy good fortune, happiness and prosperity.
40. When you first set your eyes on your adorable grand-baby, your heart will be overwhelmed with joy. You might have worried about how to stay busy in your retirement before, but you won’t have to worry about boredom any more! Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!
41. To the lovely new grandmother and grandfather: I wanted to offer the heartiest congrats on becoming the proud grandparents of a sweet newborn (boy/girl). I wish you all of my love and happiness for the newborn, you and your entire family.
42. The beauty of having grandkids running around your home is that they will make you feel even younger even as you are actually growing older. Congrats!
43. You must have thawed like ice, melted like butter and crumbled like a cookie on the first time you ever set eyes on your adorable grand-baby. Congratulations!
44. You will finally start to understand what the words lineage, legacy and ancestry actually mean. Congrats on becoming a proud grandparent!
45. May your grandchildren turn out even better than your children did! Congrats on getting to be a grandmother!
46. All you lacked in life was a grandchild and you would be complete. Now, it seems like the last puzzle piece has arrived! Congrats!
47. Your grandchild might leave hand-prints on your walls, but they will end up leaving permanent marks within your heart as well. Congratulations on getting to become a grandmother!
48. Your children were an investment, and now your grandchildren are interest on an investment that has reached maturity. Congrats!
49. Welcome to a moment in your life where your children may finally start asking (and listening!) to your advice! Congrats!
50. Your grandchildren will make your kids realize just how amazing you were as a mother. Congrats on the latest addition to your family!