You want to have cool fish names for your pet fish. At first, you thought of a couple of brilliant names. Unlike other pets, it is fairly normal to have a dozen or more fish. Now, you need other names for all of your fish. To get started on your search, we have compiled a list of some of the best fish names.
1. Fish Out of Water: This longer name was the name of a goldfish in the 2005 film, Chicken Little.
2. Flash: If your fish is known for being speedy, this is a great name for him.
3. Sushi: This is an amazing name for a fish. Technically, sushi is raw fish that you eat, but you don’t have to eat your fish.
4. Ariel: In the Disney movie, Ariel was a beautiful mermaid who wanted to walk on land.
5. Zig: If you name one fish Zig, you should name the other Zag.
6. Blinky: This was a three-eyed fish in the Simpsons.
7. Sunny: This is the perfect name for yellow or orange fish.
8. Wilbur: This is a serious-sounding name for a fish.
9. Shakespeare: This name will make your fish feel fancy.
10. Bubbles: This is always a popular fish name.
11. Destiny: In Finding Dory, this was the name of the nearsighted whale shark who was Dory’s closest childhood friend.
12. Aqua: In Spanish, this word means water, which is a good name for a fish.
13. Zoltan: This sounds like the name of a magician.
14. Wings: This name is just ironic since the fish could never actually fly—unless it happens to be a flying fish.
15. Pumpkin: Name your orange fish this sweet name.
16. Iakora: This was the name of a long fish in Maori mythology. It was said to give bird to all of the stars that you see in the Milky Way.
17. Crimson: This is a pretty name for a red-colored fish.
18. Ace: Use this if you want a simple option.
19. Winter: This sounds perfect for a white-colored fish.
20. Blue: If you have a blue fish, this is an obvious option.
21. Albert: This was the dogfish in the Dreamstone.
22. McLovin’: If you love McDonald’s, I guess this name would work.
23. Freckles: This is the perfect name for a fish that has a lot of spots.
24. Zivan: This name just sounds awesome.
25. Caspar: This name works well for white-colored fish that look like Caspar the Friendly Ghost.
26. Misterjaw :This was the name of a Great White shark in the 1976 Pink Panther and Friends show.
27. Charlie: An easy option.
28. Azure: This is a word that means blue.
29. Ajax: This is certainly a strong name for a fish!
30. Bee: Bee or Bumblebee would be cute for a yellow and black fish.
31. Flounder: You may remember this happy, adorable fish from the Disney movie, the Little Mermaid.
32. Aphrodite: Naming your fish after the goddess of love would be a fun choice.
33. Yuki: This is a cool, fun option.
34. Fish: This is an obvious option.
35. Baby Guppies: If you have a lot of fish, give them all this name from the television show.
36. Kenny: Kenny was a tiger shark in the show, Kenny the Shark.
37. Anarchy: This sounds like a mischievous fish.
38. Harley: This is an adorable option.
39. Asa: I like how easy this name is.
40. Hercules: This name comes from a super strong hero in ancient mythology.
41. Darwin: This was an orange-colored fish in the Amazing World of Gumball.
42. Guppy: Naming your guppy, Guppy, is a bit obvious, isn’t it?
43. Spike: This is a strong name for a fish.
44. Spot: Use this for a spotted fish.
45. Harvey Beaks: Nice!
46. Leviathan: In the Talmud, this was a sea creature.
47. Goldie: This is a great name for a goldfish.
48. Babel : Cute!
49. Gypsy: Use this for your wandering fish.
50. Batista: For revolutionary fish, only.
51. Bruce: This was the name of a Great White shark in the Finding Nemo series. He wanted to lead other sharks in no longer eating fish.
51. Herny: This is a fun option.
53. Finley: This sounds like a strong name for a fish.
54. Billy: Billy the Fish sounds like the Wild West name, Billy the Kid.
55. Boo: For a fish that loves to hide and pop out when you are least expecting it.
56. Gyopi: This was a cute goldfish in the Goldfish Warning.
57. Blingo: Adorable!
58. Comet: For a speedy, fast fish.
59. Tuna: This is a fairly obvious name, but it would be rather cute.
60. Batman: For comic book fans.
61. Oscar: This was the name of a fish in the Shark Tale and a fish in the Fish Hooks.
62. Bacon: An ironic, silly name since there is no bacon involved in the fish world.
63. The Godfather: This is an awesome name for a fish.
64. Trouble: This name works even better if you name your other fish Bubble
because then their names will rhyme.
65. Blade: Cool.
66. Jasconius: This was a giant fish that first appeared in the story of Saint Brendan.
67. Shadow: For a dark-colored fish.
68. Tsunami: Water-related names like this work great for fish.
69. Tie Dye: For a fish with many beautiful colors.
70. Bob: This is an easy choice.
71. Marlin: Marlin was a clownfish who was the father of Nemo in Finding Nemo.
72. The Koi Family: This is the perfect name for a school of koi.
73. Galaxy: For a fish that has all the colors of the universe. You could also use it for
a fish that has a lot of star-like spots.
74. Balthazar: This is an interesting, older name.
75. Tony: This is an easy choice for a fish.
76. Klaus: This was a pet goldfish in American Dad.
77. Captain Jack: This fun name comes from the Pirates of the Caribbean.
78. Bugatti: This is a fun choice.
79. Bicker: For a fish that always seems to argue with its fish friends.
80. Lila: Adorable!
81. Fishtronaut: This clever name is actually the name of a Brazilian cartoon.
82. Goggles: This is a cute option.
83. Gandalf: For fans of the Lord of the Rings.
84. Gill: Because fish have gills!
85. Johnson: A very strong, simple option.
86. Cleo: This was the name of a Geppetto’s goldfish in the story, Pinocchio.
87. Butterbill: This sounds so cute.
88. Geriatric: For a fish that looks years older than it is.
89. Chewbaca: A great name for Star Wars fans.
90. Garth: This is perfect for fans of Garth Brooks.
91. Nemo: This was the name of the starring character in the kids’ movie, Finding Nemo.
92. Cashmere: This sounds pretty.
93. Cutie Pie: Adorable!
94. Confucius: This is such a cool option to go with.
95. Charlie: This is a fun choice.
96. Namazu: This was the name of a catfish in ancient Japanese mythology. It was said to cause earthquakes.
97. George: This is a strong name for a fish.
98. Crowley: Awesome!
99. Dexter: This is a cute choice.
100. Gilbert: Get it? Gill-bert? This is a pun on the word gills.
101. Dory: This was the name of Nemo’s sidekick in Finding Nemo. Later, she was the star of Finding Dory.
102. Mr. Moon: Cute!
103. Cocoa: This is perfect for a brown fish.
104. Minos: A fun option.
105. Mr. Limpet: This was the name of the fish in the 1964 film, the Incredible Mr. Limpet.
106. Da Koi: Clever!
107. Magnus: This sounds cool.
108. Delos: This sounds cool.
109. Jabberjaw: You may recognize this as the name of a Great White shark in the Hanna-Barbera cartoons.
110. Mrs. Blackie: For a black fish.
111. Moon: Pretty!
112. Dr. Seuss: Use this to honor the fish in One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.
113. Bea Goldfishberg: This was the name of a drama-causing goldfish in the Fish Hooks.
114. Mister Ed: Technically, Mr. Ed was actually a horse.
115. Deb: This is an easy choice.
116. Mango: Adorable!
117. Mack Salmon: As you may have guessed, this was the name of a salmon. It comes from the show, The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police.
118. Dusty: For a dusty-looking fish.
119. Drake: Cute!
120. Moby: In honor of the whale in Moby Dick.
121. Mrs. Puff: Mrs. Puff was a pufferfish in the cartoon, SpongeBob SquarePants.
122. Earl: This is a easy choice.
123. Draco: For Harry Potter fans out there.
124. Eclipse: Nice!
125. Street Sharks: This was a group of crime-fighting sharks in comic series. They were half human and half shark.
126. Mary Lou: A simple option.
127. Diablo: This means devil in Spanish.
128. Fiesta: For a fish who loves to party.
129. Undyne: This was the name of a monstrous fish in the computer game, Undertale.
130. Fishsticks: The fish does not have a bright future ahead of him if you choose
131. Crush: For a fish that you fell in love with.
132. Finley: Because he has fins.
133. Winnie: Winnie was a cute sea horse in the Adventures of the Little Mermaid.
134. Fresco: For a fresh-faced fish.
135. Drew: Cute!
136. Elsa: This is an easy option.
137. Don Lino: This name comes from a Great White shark in the Shark Tale.
138. Mr. Nibbles: Adorable.
139. Fred: Fred the Fish would be an awesome name.
140. Gillian: This is a play on the word, “gills.”
141. Muddy Mudskipper: This was the name of a mudskipper in Ren and Stimpy.
142. Glimmer: Cute!
143. Shimmer: This would be a great partner fish for Glimmer.
144. Fluffy: This would be an ironic choice for a fish.
145. Lenny: This was another Great White shark in the Shark Tale.
146. Patch: This is such an adorable name.
147. Duke: Nice one.
148. King Thaddeus: Putting “king” in front of any fish name will sound awesome.
149. Freddi Fish: This was the name of a yellow, crime-solving fish in the computer game, Freddi Fish series.
150. Ruby: Perfect for a red-colored fish.
151. Goober: For a silly fish.
152. Mable: This is an adorable, old-fashioned name.
153. Mr. Fish: This obvious fish name was actually from the Marvel Comics series. He was a super-villain.
154. Princess: An obvious choice.
155. Lips: For a fish with big lips.
156. Ezekial: If you like biblical options, this would be a good fish name.
157. Milo: This adorable name was the name of a Siamese fighting fish in the film, Fish Hooks.
158. Kai: This is an adorable name choice.
159. Rudy: For the fish who never stops trying.
160. Jax: This is an easy, simple option.
161. Virgil Sharkowski: Known as “Bull” for short, this bull shark comes from My Gym Partner’s a Monkey.
162. Prometheus: One of the best cool fish names.
163. Mac: You could name one fish Mac and the other cheese.
164. Lucy: This sounds like a sweet name.
165. Frances Albacore: This was the name of a sassy fishy in Cats Don’t Dance.
166. Kujo: This sounds pretty cool.
167. Larry: This is another fun name for a fish.
168. Neon: Perfect or a neon-colored fish.
169. Sherman: This was a shark name from Sherman’s Lagoon.
170. Skittles: This is such a sweet fish name.
171. Olive: This is a pretty fish name.
172. Sharpie: For a smart or black-colored fish.
173. Ponyo: Ponyo was a goldfish who wanted to turn into a human girl.
174. Ninja: Cute!
175. Kostya: This sounds awesome.
176. Edward Bloom: This was the name of a fish in a comic series.
177. Noelle: This is definitely one of the top cool fish names.
178. Orion: Adorable.
179. James Pond: This was the name of a fish in the James Pond computer game.
180. Lu: This is fairly simple.
181. Fish-keteers: Named in honor of the Three Musketeers.
182. Pudge: This was the name of a tropical fish in Lilo & Stitch. He was the one that Lilo fed because she thought that he had the power to control the weather.
183. Papa: For the father fish.
184. Little Boo: For your baby fish.
185. Trevor: Trevor is a goldfish from Being Human.
186. Siam: Cute!
187. Smarty: For a smart fish.
188. Gail: This was the name of a goldfish in the West Wing who was owned by the
character, C.J. Cregg.
189. Sunset: For a fish the color of a sunset.
190. Sir Finley: Adorable.
191. Terrible: This was the name of a dogfish in the Carlo Collodi book, the Adventures of Pinocchio.
192. Sir Gillian: Another play on words like fins and gills.
193. Violet: For a violet-colored fish.
194. Roysten: This was the name of a goldfish in a Nintendo 64 game.
195. Abaia: This was the name of an eel in ancient Melanesian mythology.
196. Rainbow Fish: This was the name of a cute fish in the Marcus Pfister Rainbow Fish book.
197. Indigo: For a fish the color of indigo.
198. Otto: This was a cute goldfish in the Helen Palmer book, A Fish Out of Water.
199. Swimy: This was the name of a black fish in Lo Lionni. It would be one of the top cool fish names.
200. Dorothy: This was the name of a goldfish in Elmo’s World.