Now that you have a new reptile, you have to find some cool reptile names. Your pet’s name will show its personality, and it is the first thing that other people will ask about your pet. If you are struggling to think of a good name on your own, we have some naming ideas that can get you started.
1. Basilisk: This was the name of the basilisk that Harry Potter had to defeat in the Chamber of Secrets.
2. Houdini: This is a great name for a reptile that always seems to get out of its tank.
3. Sebastian: This was the name of the cute crab in the Little Mermaid. Obviously, it would be a great crab name.
4. Thing One and Thing Two: If you have two reptiles, use this name from the Dr. Seuss book.
5. Allegory: This sounds like the word “alligator,” so it would be an adorable play on words.
6. Killer Croc: This was the name of a crocodile in the Batman comic series.
7. Tiger: Cute!
8. Wilbur: For some reason, this continues to be a popular name for any type of pet.
9. Ziggy: This sounds like the name of a speedy reptile.
10. Shelly: This is a clear choice for any reptile that has a shell.
11. Eco: This was the name of a raptor in Jurassic World.
12. Python: This is a fairly obvious name for a python.
13. Max: This is a simple, cool reptile names.
14. Spike: This would be a strong name for a reptile.
15. Godzilla: This was the name of the massive creature who started destroying Japanese buildings in the film, Godzilla. It would be a fun name for a reptile.
16. Alphys: In the Undertale video game, this was a reptile-like monster who made a robot that had a soul.
17. Sheldon: This adorable-sounding reptile name is a play on the word, “Shell.”
18. Apollo: Any names of Greek gods from mythology would be a great name for a reptile.
19. Tiny: Use this adorable name for your smaller reptiles.
20. Yoda: Yoda did look fairly reptile-like.
21. Kaa: In Rudyard Kipling’s the Jungle Book, this was the name of an Indian python.
22. Sid: This is a fun option.
23. Earl: This is a cute choice.
24. Slither: Use this for a snake that loves to slither around.
25. Zoey: This is a cute name choice.
26. Dino: This was the name of a pet dinosaur in the Flintstones cartoon.
27 Darwin: Darwin was the biologist who studied reptiles and other animals to create the theory of evolution.
28. Shells: Why did the turtle cross the road? To get to the Shell Station, of course!
29. Cocoa: Use this name if your reptile is cocoa in color.
30. Wylie: For your clever, cute reptiles.
31. King K. Rool: This was the name of a saltwater crocodile in the Donkey Kong video game.
32. Neon: This would be a cute name for any bright, neon-colored reptiles.
33. Smirnoff: For any vodka lovers out there.
34. Zelda: This would be one of the top cool reptile names for any Legend of Zelda fans.
35. Speedy: For any fast reptiles.
36. Barney: You might remember the name Barney as a dinosaur on the children’s television show.
37. Alpha: For the leader of the pack.
38. Bruce: This is a strong naming option for your pet.
39. Apocalypse: For a very ominous, troublesome pet.
40. Penny: Penny is such a sweet-sounding name.
41. Waylon Jones: In the DC Comics, this is is a criminal nemesis of Batman who progressively turns more and more into a crocodile.
42. Appletini: For a reptile the color of an apple martini.
43. Yoshi: This is a fun name.
44. Beardie: For any reptile with “bearded” in the name.
45. Henry: This is an easy option.
46. Gex: This was the name of a gecko in the Gex video game.
47. Cheerio: This would be a fun, happy name for a reptile.
48. Puff: Some people are afraid of reptiles, but who could be afraid of a reptile named Puff?
49. Baby: This is an adorable, popular name for a reptile.
50. Rocky: This would be an awesome reptile name.
51. Tricky: This was the name of the prince of dinosaurs in the Star Fox video game.
52. Bailey: This is such a hip,trendy name.
53. Len: Lenny the Lizard would be a great name.
54. Charlie: This is an easy name choice.
55. Bumblebee: This is a great name for any yellow and black pet.
56. Chet Gecko: This was the name of a famous reptile in the book, the Chameleon Wore Chartreuse.
57. Lola: This is a cute option.
58. Amy: Fun!
59. Carlos: This sounds awesome for any reptile originally from Latin America.
60. Lizzy: This is a fairly obvious choice for a lizard.
61. Cajun: This is the name of a culture in Louisiana that is known for alligator dishes and similar things.
62. Barry: This is a fun choice.
63. Anne: This is an easy, pretty name.
64. Levi: Levi the lizard would be a wonderful name.
65. Athena: Naming your pet after the goddess of wisdom is always a good idea.
66. Charlie :This is the name of a raptor in the Jurassic World movie.
67. Bonnie: If you have two pets, you could name one of them Bonnie and the other one Clyde.
68. Leonardo: This name sounds like one of the best cool reptile names.
69. Eddie: This is an easy, simple naming choice.
70. Cricket: Technically, a cricket is an insect, but this would still be a fairly cute name.
71. Espio: In the Knuckles’ Chaotix video game, this was a chameleon who was also a ninja warrior.
72. Loki: This is an adorable option.
73. Blue: This is an easy choice for any blue pets.
74. Digger: Use this for any reptile who loves to dig.
75. Leo: This is a fun naming choice.
76. Master Viper: This was the name of a member of the Furious Five in the Kung Fun Panda cartoon.
77. Jake: Jake the Snake sounds pretty cool.
78. Benny: This is an easy name.
79. Lila: This is a cute name.
80. Bubbles: This sounds like a better name for a fish or an amphibian.
81. Chameleon: This was the fairly un-creative name of an evil chameleon in the cartoon, T.U.F.F. Puppy.
82. Ash: I feel like this reptile would be gray or black like ashes.
83. Lee: If you want an easy option, go with this name.
84. Bumper: This is just a cute option for a pet.
85. Clementine: This old-fashioned name is just adorable.
86. Wally Gator: This alligator first appeared in the Hanna Barbera animation.
87. Dino: This is a fun choice.
88. Lucky: Use this reptile name if your pet is especially lucky.
89. Copper: A great name for copper-colored pets.
90. Chili: Use this name for a spicy, sassy pet.
91. Ihu: This reptile name comes from the theme park.
92. Geko: This is a unique spelling of gecko.
93. Radar: Cute!
94. Thor: This was the name of a god in ancient mythology.
95. Rainboa: Use this for a rainbow-colored boa.
96. Blue: This was another name for a raptor in the Jurassic World movie.
97. Pochi: This sounds cute.
98. Dogg: Your reptile might get a complex with a name like this.
99. Titan: This is an awesome option.
100. Fluffy: This would be an ironic choice for a pet that is definitely not fluffy.
101. Bad Bill: In the Rango animation, this was the name of a Gila monster.
102. Pippi: This name reminds me of Pippi Longstocking.
103. Thomas: Nice one.
104. Guthrie: This is a serious-sounding name.
105. Poseidon: In ancient mythology, Poseidon was the god of the sea.
106. Joanna: In the Rescuers Down Under, this was the name of a goanna.
107. Tanooki: Cool!
108. Elmo: Elmo looks a bit like a reptile, right?
109. Qunari: This is one of the best cool reptile names.
110. Toto: Cute!
111. Chuck: This was one of the chameleon brothers in the animation, Rocko’s Modern Life.
112. Gibbs: Cute!
113. Fang: An obvious name choice if your pet has fangs.
114. Trek: This sounds cool and would also be great for Star Trek fans.
115. Cujo: This sounds hip!
116. Pip: Adorable.
117. George: This is always a popular name choice.
118. Platinum: For a silver or white pet.
119. Tigger: Perfect for an orange and black pet.
120. Leon: This was the name of the other chameleon brother in Rocko’s Modern Life.
121. Freckle: Use this for any reptile that has spots like freckles.
122. Cedric: This popular name comes from a character in the Harry Potter series.
123. Grim: This name reminds me of the Grim Reaper
124. Franklin: Franklin would be a cool name for a reptile.
125. Hodari: In the Lion Guard cartoon, this was the name a blue gecko who dreamed of taking part on a crocodile float.
126. Merlin: Awesome name.
127. Destiny: Nice one.
128. Mel: This is an easy choice.
129. Ribbit: Perfect for a frog.
130. Gaspar Le’Gecko: This was the name of a gecko in the Brandy and Mr. Whiskers cartoon.
131. Corn: For a corn-colored pet.
132. Mr. Lizard: An easy option.
133. Croak: While this is great for a frog, Croak can also mean die, which might not be auspicious.
134. Macy: Sweet.
135. Mr. Dupette: This was the name of a lizard in the cartoon, Rocko’s Modern Life.
136. Cornelius: Cute!
137. Eggbert: This is a fun name.
138. Mrs. Turtle: You could also try Mr. Turtle as well.
139. Frankie: This would be one of the top cool reptile names.
140. Liz: This was the name of the pet lizard in the book and cartoon series, the Magic School Bus.
141. Lyra: Cute!
142. Melanie: This is a fun option.
143. Floyd: This sounds cool.
144. Iggy: Iggy the Iguana is a great name.
145. Kenge: This was the name of a rock monitor in the Lion Guard.
146. Missy: This is a cute name.
147. Hammy: For a reptile who likes to ham it up for photos.
148. Marley: This sounds hip.
149. Hoppy: Perfect for a frog.
150. Budzo: This was the name of a rock monitor who wanted to take over Zambezia in the Adventures in Zambezia.
151. Michelangelo: Awesome.
152. Iago: Perfect for an iguana.
153. Hip-Hop: Another great name for a frog.
154. Iggabella: This is a clever choice for an iguana.
155. Mrs. Kipling: This was the name of a water monitor in the television show.
156. Frederick: An easy choice.
157. Clyde: This is a strong-sounding name.
158. Hankers: Adorable.
159. Fergie: Cute!
160. Komodo: In the cartoon, the Secret Saturdays, this was a cute (although fairly straightforward) name for a komodo dragon.
161. Harry: Nice one.
162. Larkin: This sounds cute.
163. Geico Gecko: You could always name your gecko after the gecko in Geico commercials.
164. Juju: This sounds cute.
165. Jack: This is an easy choice.
166. Ruff: This reptile name comes from Blinky Bill.
167. Nicko: Adorable!
168. Lucy: This is so sweet.
169. Leo Powalski: This was the name of a chameleon fighter pilot in the Star Fox video game.
170. Norbert: This was the name of Hagrid’s dragon in the Harry Potter series.
171. Kumar: This sounds like of of the best cool reptile names.
172. Pascal: This name comes from the Tangled cartoon.
173. Jolly: For a happy pet.
174. Layla: Super cute.
175. Knuckles: This was the name of the pet iguana of Daisy Duck in the Quack Pack.
176. Ali: This would be an excellent name for an alligator.
177. Mr. Froggers: This is a fun choice for a frog.
178. Kirby: Cute.
179. Pepper: A good name for a reptile that is black in color.
180. Jojo: This is always a fun name to choose.
181. Vinnie Terrio: This comes from the Littlest Pet Shop cartoon. It was the name of a green gecko.
182. Jamie: This is an easy choice.
183. Pika: Adorable.
184. Nox: This is a hip-sounding name.
185. Rango: This was the name of a chameleon. In the cartoon, Rango, he was lost in the Mojave Desert.
186. Onyx: Perfect for a black reptile.
187. Phantom: This is a sweet choice for a white pet.
188. Henry: This was a lizard name in Henry’s Amazing Animals.
189. Rex: This name reminds me of T-Rex.
190. Salazar: This would be the perfect name for a snake.
191. Roderick Lizzard: This name comes from the cartoon, Bonkers. It was the name of an iguana.
192. Roxie: This is always a fun choice.
193. Sage: This sounds cool.
194. Noi Crezant: This was the name of a lizard in the comic series, Hoshi no Samidare.
195. Ruby: Perfect for a red-colored reptile name.
196. Sammy: Sammy the Snake would be an excellent name.
197. Dimitri: This was the name of an iguana in the Sly Cooper video game.
198. Rufus: This comes from a root word that means red.
199. Sasha: This is a sassy pet name.
200. Private I. Guana: This was the name of an iguana detective in a book who was searching for a missing chameleon.