When a loved one or a friend dies, someone has to make a death announcement. No one wants their loved one to die, so they never think about what to say when their loved one dies. Before the funeral, you have to tell people that the loved one has passed away. Friends, co-workers and loved ones need to know about the passing, but finding the words to express yourself is not easy. If you are struggling to find the right words, here are some death announcement wording ideas that you can use. You will want to modify these death announcements to suit the individual’s personality and the situation, but these ideas can get you started on the process.
1. It saddens us to announce the untimely death of our beloved (Insert relationship), (Insert name), who died of complications after a (insert illness) on (date). We will be holding a short memorial service for (her/him) at (location name) on (time and date) at (address.) In lieu of flowers or donations, our (insert relationship) would like donations to be made to her favorite charity.
2. We will be hosting a memorial to celebrate the life of (name). It will be held at the (location) on the (day of week, date and time). Instead of donations or flowers, we would like to ask donations be given to her church where she found so much solace at the end of her life.
3. It is with great sorrow that I announce the death of my beloved father. He was a friend to everyone he met and a source of strength for all who knew him. We will be hosting the memorial at (time and date) at the (location). Please gather with us to celebrate his life.
4. We are sorrow to bring you the bad news. Our grandfather finished his fight with cancer on last (day o week). He had been in great pain and suffering. While we grieve his loss, we know that he is finally at peace and out of pain. According to his wishes, we will hold a graveside service for just his closest family members at (location) at (time and day). He was a private man, so he would have preferred it that way. Grandmother is holding up as well as possible, and we will be holding a memorial in the coming days.
5. Our family is saddened to tell you that (name of family member) passed away in (her/his) sleep on (day of week). As many of you know, (she/he) had been suffering from (illness) for some time now. After exhausting all treatment options, she had prepared herself for the end. (She/he) was surrounded by loved ones and at peace when the final moment came. (Her/His) funeral will be held on (day of week) at (name of funeral home) at (time) in (location).
6. The (last name) family are sad to announce that (name) passed away peacefully last (day of week). We will be hosting a mass in (his/her) honor on (day of week) at (location) at (time). Please join us to celebrate (his/her) life.
7. None of us were expecting the sudden death of (name). While we are shocked and filled with grief, we know that (he/she) would want us to celebrate (his/her) life instead of mourning (his/her) death. With that in mind, our family will be holding a wake at (time and location) to celebrate. Come with your favorite memories to share with all of (his/her) family and friends.
8. It is with deep sorrow and pain that we inform you about the death of our beloved (relationship), (name) on (date). (He/she) wanted to have a small funeral with close family and friends, so we will be hosting the funeral at (his/her) church. Afterward, a memorial service will be held at (location). (He/she) is survived by (insert names of spouses, children and grandchildren).
9. The (name) family feels saddened to announce that (name) died peacefully last (date). (He/she) did not wish to be buried, so the family is inviting everyone to spread the ashes together. (He/she) loved the outdoors, so the memorial and spreading of the ashes will occur at (location). Please join us at (location) at (time/date) to celebrate (his/her) memory.
10. We all loved (him/her) so in life, so let us not forget (him/her) after death. After a long battle with (insert illness), (he/she) finally passed away at (city, state) on (date). He was born in (city, state) and is survived by (insert spouses, children and grandchildren).
11. As some of you know, my beloved (relationship to you) passed away last (day of week). (He/she) had been ill and in pain for some time, so the family feels better knowing that he is finally free of the pain. Friends and family can gather at (location) at (date and time) to celebrate his life and mourn his passing. In lieu of flowers, please donate to his favorite charity, (insert charity name).