Once you get a new Doberman, you have to find the right name for him. While the Doberman Pinscher was bred to be a guard dog, they are also excellent pets. They are often used in the military and by the police because of their intelligence and athletic build. If you have a new puppy, these Doberman names are for you. There are 50 male and 50 female names that can help you find the right option for your new pet.
50 Doberman Male Names
1. Friedrich: Since the Doberman Pinscher was bred in Germany originally, German names are a great choice.
2. Hunter: This would be a tough-sounding option for your new dog.
3. Sable: This name can represent the color of your dog.
4. Christian: This German name would be cute for your puppy.
5. Chief: Doberman Pinschers are known for being tough and strong, so names like this are perfect.
6. Copper: If your Doberman is copper in color, this name would make sense for him.
7. Otto: Names like this can show off your dog’s German heritage.
8. Tyson: This would be a rough, tough name for your dog.
9. Ember: This name is perfect for a dog who is the color of embers.
10. Wilhelm: This German name represents your dog’s original heritage.
11. Axel: This rough-sounding name sounds like a good choice for your dog.
12. Twilight: This sounds like an awesome name, especially if your dog happens to be the color of twilight.
13. Gunter: This German name would be a great Doberman name as well.
14. Vinnie: This name makes me think of a tough Mafia don, which makes sense since the Doberman is known for being tough.
15. Bear: Use this name if your Doberman is as big and tough as a bear.
16. Dieter: This is a name that originally comes from Germany, just like your dog.
17. Bullet: If you want a strong name, Bullet would certainly do the trick.
18. Shady: This name works well for any black-colored dogs.
19. Hans: German names like this one are great Doberman names.
20. Jax: This name sounds trendy and tough. Plus, it is really easy to say.
21. Midnight: If your dog is as black as the midnight sky, then this name would be an excellent choice for him.
22. Stefan: This German name would be a sweet option for your dog.
23. Ace: This name makes me think of ace pilots in the military.
24. Smoky: This is a cute name that would be a good choice if your dog is the color of smoke.
25. Jan: This short, easy name originally comes from Germany.
26. Buck: This is a strong-sounding name choice for your Doberman.
27. Jaguar: If your dog is the color of a jaguar, go with this name.
28. Fritz: This German name is simple and easy to say.
29. Rex: You could call your dog Rex or T-Rex. Either way, he will certainly sound tough.
30. Java: This works perfectly for any coffee- or espresso-colored dogs out there.
31. Helmut: German names like this one can show off your dog’s heritage.
32. Butch: Many people look for Doberman names that sound rough and tough like this option.
33. Scrappy: This would be an ironic name choice since Scrappy is normally the name of tiny dogs.
34. Sebastian: This German name was made famous by the composer, Johann Sebastian Bach.
35. Flash: This Doberman name will make your puppy sound like a superhero.
36. Boots: Cute, adorable names like this are an ironic choice for your strong Doberman.
37. Frank: This cute name originally came from Germany.
38. Bruno: This name sounds both trendy and strong at once.
39. Teddy: To intruders, your Doberman hardly looks like a teddy bear.
40. Klaus: This name is German in origin, just like your puppy!
41. Trooper: If you are looking for a tough-sounding name, Trooper would definitely work for you.
42. Buddy: This is an obvious option for man’s best friend.
43. Bruiser: If you want your dog to intimidate everyone, this name would certainly be an appropriate choice for him.
44. Squirt: Squirt sounds like the name of a tiny puppy, which makes it a funny, ironic choice for your Doberman.
45. Crash: This would be an excellent naming choice.
46. Hawkeye: In Mash, this was by far pone of my favorite characters.
47. Admiral: Military names make sense if you want a tough-sounding option for your dog.
48. Tank: This is perfect for a dog who is big, strong and built like a tank.
49. Gunner: Military names like this are popular for Dobermans.
50. Spike: If you want a tough-sounding name for your dog, Spike would certainly be a good option.
50 Doberman Female Names
1. Ingrid: Because of the dog’s German heritage, names like this are a top choice.
2. Carmelo: This name is perfect if your puppy is caramel-colored.
3. Harley: This is a hip, trendy name for your dog.
4. Gisela: This German name would be a great option for your puppy.
5. Pepper: Use this for a black-colored dog.
6. Pixie: Pixies are dainty and cute, which makes this an ironic name for your Doberman.
7. Edith: If you want a German name for your dog, Edith will certainly work.
8. Godiva: This pretty name is great for chocolate-colored puppies.
9. Xena: Naming your dog after this warrior princess would be a fun choice.
10. Petra: This German name is absolutely adorable.
11. Ebony: This would be a cute name.
12. Minnie: This name sounds like “mini,” which makes it such an ironic choice for a Doberman.
13. Bertha: This German name seems quite fitting for such a big, tough dog.
14. Tawny: If your dog looks tawny, then this name is the perfect choice.
15. Huntress: Strong names like this are great for a Doberman.
16. Maria: This name is popular in Germany and many European countries.
17. Opal: Names like this can reflect the color of your dog.
18. Fifi: This would be such an ironic choice for such a strong dog.
19. Helga: This German name would be an awesome, tough-sounding option for your Doberman.
20. Oreo: This could work for a black and white dog.
21. Rebel: This is a strong-sounding name for your dog.
22. Birgit: German options like this are some of the best Doberman names.
23. Brownie: Use this name for brown puppies.
24. Cutie: This name sounds ironic.
25. Martha: This German name would be awesome for your dog.
26. Shadow: This is a pretty name for a dark-colored dog.
27. Blizzard: This would be a fun choice.
28. Gertrud: This German name would be a fun choice.
29. Coco: This is a great name for a cocoa-colored puppy.
30. Precious: If you have ever seen a Doberman in action, you are already aware that there is nothing precious about them!
31. Spirit: Show how spirited your dog is with a name like this.
32. Sabine: This exotic-sounding name is actually German in origin.
33. Onyx: This would be great for a dog with black fur.
34. Jinx: This sounds like a good, tough name for your dog.
35. Hidegard: This German name would be an excellent option for a Doberman name.
36. Espresso: Perfect for a dog with black or dark brown fur.
37. Rogue: This is great for a dog who always seems to be going rogue.
38. Liesel: This German name is one of my favorite options on this list.
39. Raven: If your dog has black fur, show it with names like this.
40. Vixen: Use this for a dog who always seems to be getting into trouble.
41. Frieda: If you want to give your dog a German name, this one would certainly do the trick.
42. Hersey: This is a popular dog name for any dog with brown fur.
43. Nyx: This is a short, tough-sounding option for your dog.
44. Justice: This reflects your puppy’s job in protecting you and seeking justice.
45. Lola: This sounds like an ironic choice.
46. Katniss: If you loved the Hunger Games, this huntress would be a fun name choice.
47. Roxy: This sounds like the tough name, Rocky, if you say it quickly enough.
48. Sepia: Names like this can reflect the color of your dog’s fur.
49. Artemis: This goddess in Greek mythology was famous for archery and being the goddess of the hunt.
50. Olga: This German name will certainly makes your dog sound strong!