Whether you are writing a story and need duck names or just bought a pet duck, we have a number of options that you can use. These adorable birds are often kept as pets, but they also are raised for their eggs. No matter what you use your duck for, these duck names can help you find the perfect moniker for your new bird.
100 Duck Names
1. Moby Duck: This is a cartoon duck, but it is also a clever play on words.
2. Bebe: This is an adorable duck name.
3. Bunny: If you give your duckling this name, it might develop a complex.
4. Downy O’Drake: This duck name originally came from a Donald Duck cartoon.
5. Alexa: This is an adorable duck name.
6. Blake: As far as duck names go, this is a pretty good one.
7. Sir Quackly: Known as one of the Donald Duck universe characters, this duck name is also a clever option for your pet duck.
8. Puddles: Use this name for a duckling who loves to play in puddles.
9. McQuack: This is certainly an adorable duck name.
10. Molly Mallard: If you have a mallard duck, this would be an adorable name.
11. Wiggles: If your duck loves to wiggle, give it this name.
12. April: Ducks make me think of springtime, so names like April and May would be a great option.
13. McDuck: This surname comes from the Donald Duck universe, but it would also be a great first name for a duck.
14. Squeak: Some ducks squeak instead of quack when they are little.
15. Sir Lancelot: This is a fancy, formal name for a duck.
16. Scrooge McDuck: You may recognize this duck name from the popular cartoon.
17. Bella: This means beautiful, which makes it an excellent name for a beautiful duckling.
18. Mr. Darcy: If you love Jane Austen books, use this duck name.
19. Donald Duck: No list of duck names would be complete without one of the most famous cartoon ducks ever.
20. Sir Fluff-a-Lot: This is perfect for a fluffy duck.
21. Sir Huffington: This would be an adorable duck name.
22. Daisy Duck: Daisy was famously the female counterpart to Donald Duck in the cartoon show.
23. Zazzy: This is a fun option.
24. Waddles: This is perfect for a duck that waddles everywhere.
25. Quackmore Duck: This clever name is fun to say and is also the name of one of Donald Duck’s family members.
26. Anne: This is a sweet name for a duck.
27. Lily: Flower names are awesome duck names.
28. Quackerjack: This was one of the villains in the Darkwing Duck spin-off, but it is also a clever name for a duck.
29. Hunter: Use this for a duck who is always hunting insects.
30. Magoo: This is an awesome duck name.
31. Huey: This was the name of one of Donald Duck’s nephews.
32. Butterscotch: This is a sweet option.
33. Bonnie: If you have two ducks, name one Bonnie and the other Clyde.
34. Dewey: This was the second of Donald Duck’s nephews.
35. Mahi: This is technically a type of fish, but it would also be a cute duck name.
36. Dot: This is a great name if your duck has dots on its feathers.
37. Louie: In the Donald Duck cartoon, this was the name of one of Donald’s nephews.
38. Ariel: Ariel was technically a mermaid, but ducks do spend a lot of time in water as well.
39. Lola: This is a pretty name.
40. Ludwig Von Drake: This was the name of Donald Duck’s scientist uncle. The “Von Drake” part of the name is a clever pun on a type of duck.
41. Daffodil: This is an adorable duck name.
42. Mrs. Beakley: This was the name of a duck in the show, Ducktales.
43. Max: Keep it simple by naming your duck, Max.
44. Canard Thunderbeak: This was the name of one of the Might Ducks.
45. Jo-Jo: This is an easy option.
46. Hippie: The perfect name for a hippie duck.
47. Fawn: Naming your duck after a baby deer might make it a little confused.
48. Tanya Vanderflock: You may recognize this name as one of the characters in the Mighty Ducks.
49. Duane: Duane the Duck sounds like an awesome name.
50. Elf: A great name for a little duck.
51. Flick Duck: This was the name of a duck in the television show, PB&J Otter.
52. Fluffy: This is a fairly obvious option.
53. Gypsy: This is an awesome name for a duck who loves to wander.
54. Mallory McMallard: This was another duck from the Mighty Ducks show.
55. Nibbles: Use this for a duck who loves to nibble on everything.
56. Puff: This is perfect for a little puffball.
57. Daffy Duck: This cute cartoon duck was one of the Looney Tunes characters.
58. Mischief: Use this name if your duck is always up to no good.
59. Pickles: This name just sounds cute.
60. Plucky Duck: This was the name of a character in Tiny Toon Adventures.
61. Fuzzball: This is an obvious choice for a fuzzy duckling.
62. Swan: This name comes from the story of the Ugly Duckling who turned into a swan.
63. Danger Duck: This was the name of a duck in the show, Loonatics Unleashed.
64. Perky: This is a sweet option.
65. Butternut: This is an adorable name for a duck.
66. Count Duckula: This was the name of a duck in a popular comic book.
67. Sunshine: This is the perfect name for a happy duck.
68. Amarillo: In Spanish, this duck name means yellow.
69. Daddles: This was a duck in a comic book.
70. Cluck: Use this name if your duck loves to click its beak or feet.
71. Peekaboo: This is such a cute name for a duck.
72. Lucky Ducky: This was the name of a duck in Tom the Dancing Bug.
73. Munchkin: Cute!
74. Snowflake: This is a wonderful option if your duck is mostly white.
75. Mallard Fillmore: This was the name of a duck in a conservative comic strip.
76. Pip: This is one of the most adorable duck names on this list.
77. Dory: Technically, Dory was a fish in Finding Nemo, but who really cares?
78. Aflac Duck: This is the mascot for the insurance company, Aflac.
79. Webber: This is an awesome name because of the duck’s webbed feet.
80. Delores: Delores the Duck would be a great name.
81. Dynamo Duck: This duck comes from the American show, the Adventures of Dynamo Duck.
82. Cotton: For a duck who has feathers like cotton.
83. Franklin: Cute!
84. Diesel: Diesel the Duck sounds like an awesome name.
85. Buttercup: For a yellow duck.
86. Dippy: This is a fun option.
87. Spot: For a duck with a lot of spots.
88. Dab-Dab: This was a female duck in the Dr. Dolittle series.
89. Duckie: This is a fairly basic option.
90. Digger: For a duck who weirdly likes to dig.
91. Quackster: This is a fun choice.
92. Joy: A great name for a happy duck.
93. Quackmire: Adorable!
94. Dilly: This is such a cute duck name.
95. Duck Norris: This is the mascot of University of York’s Vanburgh College, but it sounds like the television show protagonist, Chuck Norris.
96. Quackers ‘n’ Milk: If you have two ducks, you could divide this into two names.
97. Crackers: For a duck who loves crackers.
98. Wild Wing: This is the name of the hockey mascot, Anaheim Ducks.
99. Chatter: For chatty ducks.
100. Penguin: For a duck who prefers swimming to flying.