EXO (엑소) debuted on April 8, 2012 under S.M. Entertainment. EXO currently consist of 9 members: Suho, Xiumin, Lay, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, D.O., Kaiand Sehun. When EXO first debut, there were 12 members including the former members: Kris, Tao and Luhan, however, they all left SM Entertainment on a bad note. EXO’s music incorporates genres like pop, hip-hop, and R&B, alongside EDM genres like house, trap and synth-pop. EXO is ranked as one of the top five most influential celebrities on the ‘Forbes Korea Power Celebrity’ list each year from 2014 to 2018, and EXO have earned the name “the biggest boy band in the world” and the “kings of K-pop” by the media.
EXO Fandom Name: EXO-L
EXO Official Fan Color: Cosmic Latte
EXO Official Accounts (Each member has individual SNS accounts as well, and they are listed under each members’ profile):
vLive: EXO channel
Official Website: exo.smtown.com
Youtube: EXO Channel
EXO Members Profile
Stage Name: Suho (수호)
Birth Name: Kim Jun Myeon (김준면)
Position: Leader, Lead Vocalist
Birthday: May 22, 1991
Birth Place: Apgujung-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Family member: Parents, older brother (4 years older, Kim Dongkyu)
Education: the prestigious Whimoon High School; Korea National University of Arts – Majoring in Acting (2009 – 2011, in 2011 he dropped out of highschool); Kyung Hee Cyber University (Majoring in Arts Department of Business Administration)
Language: Korean, English
Zodiac sign: Gemini
Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
Blood Type: AB
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Super Power (Badge): Water
Hobbies: Cycling, Acting, Playing golf
FACTS ABOUT SUHO
- Others say that Suho resembles a lot with Choi Siwon from Super Junior (also under SM Engertainment)
- Suho is known to be very considerate and thoughtful and polite.
- Suho believes that he is excellent at public speaking, more than anyone else in EXO.
- Suho joined SM Entertainment when he was only 16 years old, after being scouted by SM Entertainment staff while walking on the street in 2006.
- Suho likes to be funny, but other EXO members said it’s hard to pretend like Suho’s jokes are funny.
- Suho was casted in number of dramas and movies, including: “One Way Trip” (2016), “Student A” (2018), “To The Beautiful You”, “Exo Next Door”, “Prime Minister & I” (2013 – ep. 10-11), “How Are You Bread” (2016), “The Universe’s Star” (2017), “Rich Man” (2018) as an actor.
- One of Suho’s habit is screaming out loud ‘Ah!’ whenever he wants to clear his throat.
- Suho met SHINee’s Minho ever since their college years and they have been good friends ever since.
- Suho said he dreamt of becoming a singer ever since he was an elementary school student.
- Suho used to volunteer at RCY shelter to help disabled children live a happier life. Suho used to go to the RCY center and played with the children and helped cleaning the facility. What a good boy.
- Suho is known to be a drama queen. Baekhyun once said that whenever Suho gets a tiny small injury, Suho will scream and act like he’s in great pain. Other EXO members make fun of him for overreacting.
- Suho is known to buy other EXO members food a lot. This is the reason why other EXO members like him, and thinks Suho is a good person with kind heart.
- Suho’s favourite food is sushi. Suho loves eating sushi in Japan.
- Suho’s closest member among EXO member is Sehun. Suho and Sehun disclosed that they have known each other for almost 12 years now. Suho and Sehun used to share a room together, but now they have moved to bigger apartment and they are using separate rooms.
- Suho’s favourite color is violent and gold.
- Suho’s religion is Buddhism.
- Other EXO members disclosed that Suho likes to pulse check with other members a lot. EXO members said that Suho would often ask them how they are feeling, in order to resolve any issues or help members release their stress.
- When interviewer asked Suho who his role models are, Suho said he respects DBSK and Super Junior a lot (both groups are from SM Entertainment.)
- Suho said he often goes to Han River(한강) in order to walk around and get lost in deep thoughts.
- Suho’s favourite movies are series of ‘the Pirates of the Carribean’
- Suho’s favourite type of music is funk rock.
- Suho’s favourite number is 8.
- Suho loves to work out, and Suho can do push ups with only one or two fingers. Suho has shown this to be true in the ‘knowing bros’ episode 85. Go check it out!
- Suho said if he didn’t become a singer, he would have probably become a teacher since he has a heart for helping children and playing with them.
- Suho is a talented musical singer, and Suho was part of the musical “The Last Kiss” along with Luna from f(x) (f(x)is also from SM Entertainment)
- Suho said his ideal type of girl is someone who has long straight hair, and who has interests in literary.
- Suho said if he were to propose to his future girlfriend, he would go to Myeongdong with his future girlfriend and pick a crowded area, and shout out “I love you, please be my girlfriend” to her in front of everyone. Other EXO members said that Suho is a hopeless romantic.
Stage Name: Xiumin (시우민)
Korean Name: Kim Min Seok (김민석)
Position: Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Rapper
Birthday: March 26, 1990
Zodiac sign: Aries
Birth Place: Guri, Gyeonggi province, South Korea.
Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
Blood type: B
Nicknames: Bao Zi (Little Bun), Mandoo, King of Detail
Family: Parents, little sister
Education: Catholic Kwandong University
Hometown: Guri, Gyeonggi province
Specialties: Taekwondo, kendo
Subunit: EXO-M, EXO-CBX
Super Power (Badge): Frost (Snowflake)
FACTS ABOUT XIUMIN
- Xiumin joined SM entertainment in 2008 after being casted by SM Entertainment staff while on his walk to school.
- Xiumin is known to be very kind, neat and clean, and cute. Fans say that he has got all the packages.
- Other EXO members confirmed that Xiumin is a good cook, and EXO members love tasting his food.
- Xiumin is talented and athletic, Xiumin learned Taekwondo, Fencing, Kendo, and Soccer. Don’t mess with him!
- Xiumin is very protective of his sister. Xiumin likes to protect the identity of his sister so that she can live a normal life without being her pictures taken by paparazzi. Xiumin is a thoughtful guy.
- Fans love Xiumin for his cute grin.
- Xiumin is told that he looks like MoonByul from Mamamoo a lot.
- Xiumin is the oldest member among EXO, although his looks make him look as if he is the youngest.
- Other EXO members appreciate Xiumin at the dorm because Xiumin is a neat freak and he keeps everything clean and tidy for everyone.
- Xiumin was casted as an actor in Korean web drama called “Exo Next Door” with Suho, and also another Korean web drama called “Falling for Challenge”.
- Xiumin was casted as an actor In Korean Movie called “Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River”.
- Xiumin’s ideal type of girl is someone who is cute and huggable, and someone who is compassionate towards helping others, and someone who has a caring heart.
- Other EXO members said that Xiumin is the one who wakes up early, earlier than anyone else in the dorm, every single day. Other EXO members also said that Xiumin is the strongest and neatest among EXO members.
- Xiumin is known to be a good sunbae, and other rookies in SM Entertainment look up to him and follow him a lot – NCT for example, loves Xiumin.
- Xiumin said if there was one thing that he can’t skip during his daily routine, is his habbit of taking a bath. Xiumin said he wont’ go a day without taking a bath in his bathtub.
- Kris mentioned that Xiumin’s strength is being easily approachable and understanding of others.
- Unfortunately, Xiumin is afraid of cats because he was once attacked by a cat when he was young and that cat forever traumatized Xiumin. L
- Xiumin’s favourite type of music is Ballad music.
- Xiumin said that he joined martial arts school when he was young because those schools were giving out free toys for their attendees. How cute.
- Xiumin said that he is close with Super Junior’s Henry and Sungmin and f(x)’s Amber.
- Despite Xiumin’s soft-looking face, EXO members stated that Xiumin is the toughest member of EXO, and probably the member who is least likely to cry in any hardships.
- Xiumin’s favourite fruit is blueberry.
- Xiumin’s favourite color is blue.
- Xiumin’s favourite cartoons is Spongebob Squarepants.
- Other EXO members disclosed that Xiumin once bought a coffee maker to their dorm because he wanted to make lattes and cappuccinos for the members. How thoughtful and caring.
- Xiumin also stated that he wants to become a barista and open his own coffee shop one day in the future.
- Xiumin said his role models are Super Junior sunbanims.
- Xiumin said that he does not like it when someone touches his face. Except for his girlfriend, of course.
- Xiumin says that when he likes someone, he likes to leave subtle hints that he likes her, instead of bolding stating ‘I like you’.
Given Stage Name: Lay (레이)
Birth Place: Changsha, Hunan, China
Chinese Name given at birth: Zhang Yixing (张艺兴)
Birthday: October 7, 1991
Height: 177 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 60 kg
Position: Main Dancer, Vocalist
Education: Hunan Normal University High School
Blood Type: A
FACTS ABOUT LAY
- Lay was infamous as a young star when he was a child and when he was living in China, and he made it to various TV shows.
- Lay got casted at SM’s global audition held in China back in 2008, and Lay came to Korea and joined SM Entertainment as a SM trainee.
- Lay was set to be the EXO-M’s leader, however there was a last minute change and the leader role went to Kris.
- Other EXO members said that Lay is naughty and funny.
- Other EXO members claimed that Lay is like a mama at their dorm because he cooks for other members. Lay also said that Lay loves cooking and he loves cooking for his members.
- Lay said he knows it’s a bad habit but he loves eating junk food.
- Impressively enough, Lay established his own charity foundation named “Zhang Yixing Arts Scholarship”.
- Because Lay is Chinese and he has lots of schedules in China for EXO promotions, Lay sometimes misses promotion schedules in Korea because company sets Lay’s priority and duties in China.
- Lay also casted as an actor in Korean web drama called “Exo Next Door” along with Suho and Xiumin.
- Lay is the first ambassador of Perrier company in China! Lay is also the first ambassador of Valentino brand, Huawei Nova, and Milka company. Lay is also the first ambassador of Converse in Asia and Pacific Ocean. Lay has already established impressive profile during his short career!
- Lay was casted as an actor in the following Chinese movies and dramas: “Ex Files 2: The Backup Strikes Back” (2015), “Oh My God” (2015), “Kung Fu Yoga” (2017), “The Founding of an Army” (2017), “The Mystic Nine” (2016), “Operation Love” (2017).
- According to TC Candler’s “The 100 Most Hansome Faces of 2018”, Lay is ranked in 18th!
- Lay’s ideal type of girl is someone who is adorable and cute and cuddly.
- Lay used to live with his grandparents when he was a child, in China.
- Fans say that Lay is strong and charismatic on stage, but he is very humorous and playful when he is goofing around with other EXO members off the stage.
- Other EXO members claimed that Lay has an interesting and odd habit of sleeping on the living room floor. Lay defended himself by saying he just likes the hard floor, and he likes sleeping in the living room because the living room floor is cooler than his room. Lay also said that sleeping in different places allows him to have different dreams, and therefore he loves changing his sleeping place. Interesting.
- Lay is trilingual, as he speaks fluent Chinese, Korean, and English.
- Other EXO members said that Lay is a hardcore practitioner. EXO members witnessed Lay practicing overnight and not leaving the practice room until the next day sunrise.
- Lay is known to be a bit slow to react to things. For example, when someone makes a joke, everyone else starts laughing but Lay remains silence. And then a minute after, Lay would start laughing because he just understood the joke as well. Haha.
- Lay said his hobbies are: cooking, dancing, playing piano and guitar, playing on the computer, mastering the Korean language, composing songs.
- Lay is a great piano player and he is self taught.
- Other EXO members said that Lay often brings a guitar and sing a song for his members whenever someone is feeling sad or tired. Lay tries to cheer them up with his guitar and songs.
- Lay said he loves fruits.
- Lay said his favourite colors are purple and black.
- Among EXO members, Lay is known to take the longest time to learn the choreography. But he is a hardcore who practices a lot to not fall behind.
- Lay said he is terrified of pigeons. Lay said he is basically afraid of anything that has a beak.
- Lay said he likes to dance in the dark.
- Lay got a cat when he was 7 years old and named it a ‘Cat’ because he could not think of any other names.
- Other EXO members said that when Lay is angry, he never expresses it. Lay is the type to bottle it up and try to deal with it himself, until he explodes and scares everybody.
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Beijing made a wax figure of Lay in modern clothes and Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Shanghai also made a wax figure of him, but styled him after the character Er Yue Hong that he played in the drama “The Mystic Nine” (The first Chinese drama where he played the lead role).
- Lay said he would definitely date himself if he was a girl. Lay is very confident about himself.
Stage Name: Baekhyun (백현)
Birth Name: Byun Baek Hyun (변백현)
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: May 6, 1992
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Height: 174 cm (5’9″)
Blood Type: O
Hometown: Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Specialties: Hapkido, piano
Family: Parents, Older brother (Byun Baek-Beom)
Education: Kyung Hee Cyber University (Culture and Arts Business Department)
Subunit: EXO-K, EXO-CBX
Super Power (Badge): Light (Sun)
FACTS ABOUT BAEKHYUN
- Backhyun used to be in a relationship with Taeyoen from SNSD (Girl’s Generation) for about a year.
- Backhyun joined SM Entertainment back in 2011.
- Other EXO members said that Backhyun’s personality is bright, cheerful, innocent and even childlike.
- Other EXO members claimed that Backhyun can learn any dance choreography in a day, which is pretty impressive.
- Backhyun said that he is not an out-going person, as in, he would rather stay at home and play games rather than going out in his free time.
- Backhyun’s hobbies are: Playing Aikido, playing piano, listening to music, watching movies, singing and etc.
- Backhyun is close to Lee Joon-Gi (Famous Korean actor)
- Backhyun was casted as an actor in the following Korean dramas: “To The Beautiful You” (2012- ep. 2 cameo), “Exo Next Door” (2015, web drama), “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” (2016).
- Excitingly enough, Backhyun launched his own fashion brand named “Privé by BBH”, on July 1st 2018.
- Backhyun’s ideal type of girl is someone who is full of charms. (Take Taeyeon from SNSD as a reference guide haha.)
- Backhyun said he wanted to become a singer ever since he was in 4th grade, and that’s also when he started telling all his friends that he wanted to become a celebrity and he will. And look at him now! He became one of the most popular K-pop idols in Korea J
- Backhyun was casted by a SM Entertainment staff member when he was walking to his school. He was caught at the school gate and was asked if he wanted to join SM entertainment. Backhyun said yes, and officially joined SM Entertainment in 2011.
- Baekhyun’s favorite food are Korean food, Japanese food, Chinese food, Western food. Basically, Backhyun likes all food, he doesn’t discriminate. However, only one thing he would absolutely not eat is cucumber. Backhyun said that he hates cucumber so much, and once Backhyun’s mother said she would give him money ($5) if he eats the cucumber, but Backhyun still did not eat the cucumber. That’s how much he hates cucumber haha.
- Baekhyun’s favorite colors are: black, grey, white.
- Baekhyun’s favourite number is 48
- Baekhyun’s favourite type of music is R&B, pop, Punk Rock music.
- Baekhyun’s favourite type of movies are: SF, fantasy and action movies.
- Baekhyun is a very social person who loves to be friends with everyone.
- According to Chanyeol, Baekhyun yelps like a dog like 40 times before falling asleep.
- Baekhyun said he really respects Yunho’s advice (from former DBSK, current TVXQ).
- Baekhyun has a dog named ‘Mongryoung’. You can check out Baekhyun’s dog on his intagram.
- Baekhyun appeared in the first episode of variety show called “Master Key”.
- Baekhyun said he is afraid of heights, and therefore he doesn’t like to go to amusement parks because he can’t be on the roller coasters rides anyways.
- Baekhyun said he is probably the closest with Chanyeol among EXO members.
- Other EXO members claimed that Baekhyun is constantly talking, and that he and Chanyeol always spend their times playing video games in their dorm room. This doesn’t come as much of a surprise.
- Baekhyun can do a push up using only one hand. Baekhyun has proved it on the Korean TV show called ‘Knowing Bros’ episode 85. Go watch!
- He likes “Knowing Bros” (“Ask Us Anything”) show and he even used phrases from the show during EXO’s concert.
- Baekhyun also volunteered at the RCY shelter to help disabled children by playing with the children and cleaning the facility.
Stage Name: Chen (첸)
Korean Name: Kim Jong Dae (김종대)
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: September 21, 1992
Birth Place: Siheung, Gyeonggi province, South Korea
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Education: Hanyang Cyber University (Advertisement Media MBA)
Family: Parents, Older Brother
English Name: Matteo
Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
Blood Type: B
Specialties: Singing, Playing piano
Subunit: EXO-M, EXO-CBX
Super Power (Badge): Thunder (Lightning)
FACTS ABOUT CHEN
- Chen’s father is a main vocalist as well, and that’s where Chen got his powerful singing voice.
- Chen is very shy when it comes to public interviews, but his fan knows that Chen is usually very hyper.
- Chen is the best in singing the high-notes, all on points, among EXO members.
- Chen has a youtube channel called ‘Chen’.
- Chen can speak English and Korean. Despite his name ‘Chen’, Chen is not Chinese.
- Chen was the last member to join EXO-M.
- Chen was also casted as an actor in Korean web drama called “Exo Next Door” along with other EXO members.
- Chen will have his first solo album released in April 2019!
- Chen said his ideal type of girl is an older girl who can take care of him and lead him.
- Other EXO members said that Chen is very polite and funny and cheerful most of the times, but he can also be darn stubborn when he wants to.
- Other EXO members said that Chen has a weird habit of sticking his tongue out whenever he laughs. It was caught on numerous occasions by fans as well.
- Chen said if he didn’t make it to EXO group, he would have probably become a vocal trainer.
- Chen said his parents used to be really against him becoming a singer, but after SM Entertainment casted him, they became very supportive because SM Entertainment is one of the 3 biggest Entertainment company in Korea.
- Other EXO members say that Chen is the troll of the group, because Chen always jokes around and mess up with other members.
- Other EXO members disclosed that Chen is always the one losing whenever EXO members play the game together.
- Fans say that Chen is very popular among fans who are older than him (noona fans), and fans claimed that Chen is very conversational and treat fan very well. Fans also said that Chen always tries to laugh at his fan’s jokes, even when it’s obviously not funny. What a great guy haha.
- At the airport, one time a fan accidentally dropped her phone after someone bumped into her. Chen told all of the fans to be careful and watch their steps. He went over to pick up the phone and return it to the fan. He was acknowledged by many of his fans by this small act of kindness.
- Chen said he was never into playing video games, but he became addicted to playing video games after living with EXO members.
- Chen’s hobbies are singing and playing the piano.
- Chen’s favourite type of music is R&B.
- Chen’s favourite color is pink.
- Chen’s favourite possession is his MP3 player and notebook.
- Chen’s favourite food is Lamb Kebab, Chinese food, hotpot, steamed buns, fried cakes, fried bread twists, anything cooked at the Korean dorms. But he says that most of all, he likes his parent’s cooking the best and he misses his parent’s food.
- Chen said he is very forgetful and that’s why he likes to write down everything on his notebook so that he doesn’t forget.
- Chen likes Justin Timberlake and Maroon 5
- Chen once said in one of the interview that since he does not like cooking very much, he hopes his future wife is talented at it.
Given Name: Park Chan Yeol (박찬열)
Birthday: November 27, 1992
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Family: Parents, Older Sister (Park Yoo-Ra, she works at a broadcasting company)
Height: 186 cm
Blood Type: A
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist, Visual
Nicknames: ‘Wealthy Teeth’, ‘Happy Virus’, ‘King of Derps’.
FACTS ABOUT CHANYEOL
- Other EXO members said that Chanyeol is a hopeless romantic.
- Fans discovered Chanyeol’s habit of ticking his hands according to the music’s rhythms. Chanyeol also admitted that he likes following the rhythms with his hands.
- Chanyeol has a baby face, but his voice is a deep ocean and it sounds like a real man.
- Chanyeol speaks English and Korean
- Other EXO members said that Chanyeol is always bright and cheerful.
- Chanyeol is the one who designed EXO’s trademark: Hexagon logo! How talented!
- Chanyeol joined SM Entertainment after being casted back in 2008.
- Chanyeol confessed he cries the most among EXO members.
- Chanyeol said he wants to be in a relationship with someone who is good at cook, and who likes to cook for him all the time.
- Chanyeol was casted as an actor in several Korean movies and dramas called: “Amour” (2015), “So I Married an Anti-fan” (2016), “To The Beautiful You” (2012- ep. 2 cameo), “Royal Villa” (2013-ep 2 cameo), “Exo Next Door” (2015, web drama), “Missing Nine” (2017), “Memories of the Alhambra” (2018)
- Chanyeol’s ideal type of girl is someone who is cute and sincere and who has a beautiful smile.
- Chanyeol was a member of a band in his high school years.
- Chanyeol was the last EXO member to be introduced to public.
- Other EXO members claimed that you can never really see Chanyeol being angry, unless he loses something. Chanyeol can only be seen angry when he is looking for an object that went missing. But when he finds it, he comes back as cheerful Chanyeol.
- Chanyeol said if you are bored you should come and talk to him because he makes wonderful things happen.
- Chanyeol’s favorite kpop band is TVXQ.
- Chanyeol’s favourite type of music is hip hop and rap music
- Chanyeol’s favourite movie is ‘School of Rock’.
- Chanyeol’s favourite color is black
- Chanyeol’s favourite food is Galbi (Korean style beef) and Tonkatsu (Korean fried pork)
- Chanyeol’s hobbies are listening to music and playing instruments. Chanyeol is very musically talented and he can play the guitar, drums, African drums and bass.
- Chanyeol said he loves doing charity work because it makes him happy.
- Backhyun once said in the interview that Chanyeol breaths loudly, and that he makes a loud sniffling noise before he falls asleep. And Backhyun knows this because he used to be Chanyeol’s roommate.
- Chanyeol said he loves composing music. Chanyeol said he wishes to compose a song that can be on future EXO albums.
- Chanyeol wrote the lyrics for EXO’s song called “Heaven” and proven himself to be a wonderful lyric writer by fans.
- Chanyeol said his role models are Jason Mraz and Eminem.
- Chanyeol said he is a huge fan of 2NE1’s member; Dara (Sandara Park)
- Chanyeol’s mother owns a restaurant and Chanyeol’s fathe owns a café
- Chanyeol has a dog named Toben and he named it after Beethoven. Toben currently stays wth Chanyeol’s mother in his parent’s house. .
- Quite frankly, Chanyeol has fur allergy and he is allergic to dogs. But he loves dogs, so he still tries to stay for an hour playing with the dog until his allergies start acting up.
- Chanyeol said he is the closest with Baekhyun, Chen and D.O.
- Chanyeol said he likes active sports such as bowling, snowboarding, basketball and golf.
- Chanyeol said he doesn’t care about someone’s appearance. Chanyeol said he likes a girl who likes to cook, and who is royal and honest.
Stage Name: D.O. (디오)
Birth Name: Do Kyung Soo (도경수)
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: January 12, 1993
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
Education: Baekseok High School
Family: Parents, Older Brother (Do Seung-Soo)
Blood Type: A
Hometown: Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Specialties: Singing, beat box, acting
Super Power (Badge): Force
FACTS ABOUT D.O.
- Before debuting as EXO, D.O. was already famous among Korean people as ‘Ulzzang’ kid.
- Other EXO members stated that D.O is very quiet, and that he is like a mother of the group because he is sentimental and considerate and always taking care of other members in the dorm.
- D.O. is known to be a good cook, and D.O. said he loves cooking for other members in the drm.
- Other EXO members stated that D.O. has a habit of humming songs whenever he’s doing something or walking or cooking.
- Apparently, D.O. is another member of EXO who is obsessed with cleaning. D.O. is a bit of an OCD freak because D.O. likes to sort everything by its color, brand, and type.
- D.O. is seen shy with strangers when he meets them for the first time. D.O. said because of his shy personality, he really appreciates it when other people initiate a conversation and break the ice for him.
- D.O. was casted as an actor in several Korean dramas and movies including: “Cart” (2014), “Unforgettable” (2016), “My Annoying Brother” (2016), “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” (2017), “Room No.7” (2017), “Swing Kids” (2018), “To The Beautiful You” (2012- ep. 2 cameo), “It’s Ok, This is Love” (2014), “Hello Monster” (2015- ep. 1-2), “Exo Next Door” (2015, web drama), “100 Days My Prince” (2018). Through the drama “It’s OK, This is Love”, D.O. proved his ability as an amazing actor!
- D.O. said his ideal type of girl is someone who eats well, and someone who is kind.
- D.O. joined SM entertainment back in 2010 after winning a singing competition held by SM entertainment. D.O. said his parents were ever supportive of him becoming a singer.
- D.O.’s father owns an art business. D.O. said he believes he got his artsy talent from his father.
- Other EXO members said that when the dorm is messy, D.O. will nag about it to other members and end up cleaning it himself.
- D.O. said he becomes very forgetful whenever he is nervous.
- D.O. is observed to have a habit of biting his nails.
- D.O. said he is the closest with Kai among EXO members.
- Chanyeol is older than D.O, yet D.O. never calls Chanyeol “Hyung” (Referring to older brother in Korean) because Chanyeol told D.O. not to call him ‘brother’, but instead a ‘friend’. How cute.
- D.O. likes singing while Chanyeol plays the guitar.
- D.O. is a great piano player.
- D.O.’s favourite type of music is Pop music.
- D.O.’s hubbies are Beatboxing, singing, interpreting lyrics.
- D.O.’s favourite type of music is fantasy movies.
- D.O.’s favourite number is 1.
- D.O.’s favourite color is black.
- D.O.’s favourite food is spaghetti.
- D.O’s favorite song is Travie McCoy’s “Billionaire” ft. Bruno Mars.
- D.O. said if he hadn’t made it to EXO group, he would’ve become a chef instead.
- D.O. said he always turns on a movie to help sleep because having movie sound at the background helps him to fall asleep on the sleepless nights.
- D.O. said he is a fan of f(x) (also under SM Entertainment.)
- D.O. said he respects Yunho from TVXQ a lot. It seems like a lot of SM Entertainment rookies are channelling to Yunho for advices in the career.
- D.O. said his role model is the composer named Yoo Young Jin.
- D.O. does not have a good eyesight, and therefore when he has to see an object far away from him, he tends to glare.
Stage Name: Kai (카이)
Birth Name: Kim Jong In (김종인)
Position: Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Visual, Center
Birthday: January 14, 1994
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Height: 182 cm (6’0″)
Blood Type: A
Family: Parents, 2 Older sisters (9 years older and 5 years older)
Education: School of Performing Arts Seoul
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Specialties: Dance (ballet, jazz, hip hop, popping, rocking)
Super Power (Badge): Teleportation
FACTS ABOUT KAI
- Kai was in a relationship with Krystal from f(x) for a year.
- Kai said that he is the type of person who always double up the love and give it back to people, and Kai said he never betrays a person as long as they still love him.
- Kai said he has a habit of biting his lips.
- Kai joined SM Entertainment when he was 13, after being casted at the SM audition in 2007 and winning the SM Entertainment’s Youth Best Contest in 2007.
- Other EXO members said that Kai is quiet, shy, and very sensitive and gentle, and that he rarely expresses his feeling.
- Kai said he loves playing video games.
- Kai is a good friend with BTS’s Jimin.
- Kai was casted as an actor in the following Korean dramas and movies including: “To The Beautiful You” (2012-ep. 2 cameo), “Exo Next Door” (2015, web drama), “Choco Bank” (2016, web drama), “First Seven Kisses” (2016, web drama), “Andante” (2017), “Miracle That We Met” (2018).
- Kai was also casted as an actor in the Japanese drama called “Spring Has Come” (2018)
- Kai is dating Jennie from Black Pink from January 2019. However, SM Entertainment announced that they have broken up in order to focus on their personal careers. Jennie and Kai are still seen together by paparazzi, so we don’t know what is the truth.
- Kai said his ideal type is Han Yeseul (Korean Actress).
- Kai was the first member of EXO-K to be introduced.
- Kai is a talented dancer, and he can dance to ballet, jazz, hip hop, popping and locking. Wow!
- Some people think Kai is a cold and arrogant person who likes to judge, but Kai is known to be kind-hearted, quiet, thoughtful and caring. Kai admitted that a lot of people think of Kai as being cold, based on his impression from the stage.
- Kai’s favourite movies are the series of “the Pirates of The Carribbean”
- Kai’s favourite number is 1.
- Kai’s favourite colors are black, red, and sky blue.
- Kai said he is good at playing all types of games.
- Kai’s favourite food is fried chicken and roast duck.
- Kai’s hobbies are listening to music and reading books and dancing.
- Kai said he dislikes the taste of coffee and therefore he rarely drinks coffee to stay awake.
- Kai said he likes playing soccer but Xiumin and Luhan are better at sports than him.
- Kai said his role model is Michael Jackson. Whoo!
- Kai said that if he didn’t become an EXO member, he would’ve become a ballet dancer.
- Other EXO members confirmed that Kai has a habit of tapping other people in their shoulders when Kai wants to talk to them.
- Other EXO members stated that it’s best not to wake Kai up while he sleeps, because he hates it when he gets disturbed by someone while he sleeps and he becomes grumpy.
- Kai said that he often goes to gym to work out to release stress.
- Kai said he does not like to eat raw seafood including oyster. L
- Kai volunteered at Red Cross with other EXO members. Kai said he felt very happy when he played with the kids with disabilities, and when he could contribute something back to the community by cleaning the facility. Kai said he will definitely keep on volunteering.
- Kai said he is too shy to initiate a conversation with a girl, especially if he finds her attractive, but Kai said he is the type to slowly get to know her by small talks here and there.
- Kai said a lot of people used to mistake him as a girl because he used to have very long hair like a girl when he was young, because his mother liked Kai with long hair.
- During the episode on “Ask me anything” Kai mentioned that he refused to eat with D.O. at first, as he felt uncomfortable because of his glaring (which happened to be due to D.O’s near-sightedness). However, they became very close in a matter of days and are now extremely close. Yay!
- Funny story, Kai first auditioned for SM Entertainment because his father promised him that he will buy him a Nintendo if he gets in audition. Haha. Look where Nintendo got him in his career!
- Kai has three dogs: Monggu (poodle), Jjanggu and Jjangah (toy poodles).
- One of Kai’s sister owns a café named ‘Kamong’ and Kai draws designs for cups and merchandises for his sister’s café.
- Every time Kai has a chance to speak in the interview, Kai wishes everyone to be happy as he thinks this is the most important thing in the world. As a proof, during his latest interview for L’Officiel Hommes, Kai mentioned the word “happiness” thirty-two times.
- Kai had a solo stage at the Olympics closing ceremony in Korea!
Stage Name: Sehun (세훈)
Birth Name: Oh Se Hun (오세훈)
Position: Lead Dancer, Lead Rapper, Sub-Vocalist, Visual, Maknae
Birthday: April 12, 1994
Birth Place: Seoul, South Korea.
Zodiac sign: Aries
Education: Seoul Arts High School
Height: 183 cm (6’0″) (Updated)
Blood Type: O
Family: Parents, Older Brother (3 Years Older)
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Specialties: Dancing, acting
Super Power (Badge): Wind
Nickname: “Senshine”, “White Skin”
FACTS ABOUT SEHUN
- Before debuting as EXO member, Sehun was already famous among Korean SNS community because he was a well known Ullzzang.
- Sehun’s favourite food is anything with meat, and sushi.
- Sehun’s closest friend is Suho, because they’ve known each other for almost 12 years now. They know each other inside and out. They used to be roommates as well, until EXO moved to a bigger dorm, now they use separate room.
- Sehun is known to have a habit of sticking out his tongue.
- Sehun joined SM when he was only 14 years old, after trying out for 4 auditions in 2 years.
- Sehun was casted as an actor in numerous Korean drams and movies including the following: “To The Beautiful You” (2012-ep 2 cameo), “Royal Villa” (2013-ep 2 cameo), “Exo Next Door” (2015, web drama), “Secret Queen Makers” (2018). Sehun was contracted as a regular in Korean variety TV show called “Busted”.
- Sehun said his ideal type of woman is someone who has a kind heart.
- Sehun says he prays for each and every members of EXO every single night. How cute.
- Sehun is a huge fan of Miranda Kerr. In fact, the first person who he followed after making an Instagram account was Miranda Kerr. Sehun said he was jumping on the cloud when Miranda Kerr followed him back.
- Sehun’s hobbies are listening to music, acting, and dancing.
- Sehun’s favourite type of music is Hip Hop.
- Sehun’s favourite type of movies are action movies.
- Sehun’s favourite numbers are 3, 5 and 7. Odd numbers ay.
- Sehun is also super close with Donghae from Super Junior. Sehun said Donghae was one of the first people who talked to him in SM Entertainment when he just joined as a trainee, and Sehun said Donghae was nice enough to practice with him and stuff.
- Sehun said he is also close friends with Seungri from BigBang. Sehun shared that they both like drinking soju very much, and that Sehun visits Seugri’s studio whenever they’re both free. Finger crossed Sehun is not involved in the recent Seungri scandals.
- Sehun said that Suho is the most perfect older brother figure for him. Sehun said that Suho is always taking care of him and he got Sehun’s back whenever he falls.
- Funny story, all the girl group members in SM Entertainment is on a strict diet, but f(x) members made Sehun sneak in the snacks and food for them because they couldn’t go buy the food themselves. Haha.
- The interviewer asked if there was anything Sehun would like to steal from the other EXO members, and Sehun said he would like to steal Baekhyun’s sense of humor and Chanyeol’s happy and bubbly personality and D.O’s smile and Suho’s assertiveness.
- Sehun said even though he tries not to react, he becomes very sensitive when he receives too many criticisms at once from his anti-fans.
- Sehun says he doesn’t plan on getting married until he’s over 30. He wants a wife who will treat his parents well and do housework. Sehun said he also wants his future wife to be neat and tidy, and also has a bubbly smile that can cheer him up.
- – He says that because his blood type is “O”, he’ll be very hurt when he receives criticism from too many people at once.