Do you want to find a classy, chic name for your lover? Whether you are looking for a nickname for a boyfriend or a girlfriend, these French nicknames for lovers can help. We have compiled a list of 100 nicknames with 50 nicknames for each gender. Choose your favorite or use several of the nicknames interchangeably.
50 French Nicknames for Lovers for Guys
1. Mon Pote: This means “my friend.”
2. Ma Caille: This is a French term of endearment that actually means quail. It is typically used like the English, “honey.”
3. Bijou: This is a French nickname for lovers that means jewel.
4. Coco: This French term of endearment is often used for someone you do not know very well. Because of this, it is a good name if you have just started dating your boyfriend.
5. Boss: This is just a fun, teasing nickname.
6. Frappadingue: This is a great nickname that means crazy, so it is perfect for a crazy boyfriend.
7. Mon Frère: This is a nickname that means, “my brother.” You could use this nickname if your crush is not dating you yet, but you want to have a cute name for him.
8. Asticot: This fancy-sounding nickname actually means maggot, but it is a funky nickname for a close friend or boyfriend.
9. Chaton: This is for your cute kitten.
10. Mon Apollon: This is a name for someone who is like a god (Apollo) to you. Or, at least, you could use it for a man who looks like a Greek god.
11. Mon Homme: This is a pet name for a strong man in your life.
12. Mon Roi: This means “my king.”
13. Zeus: Don’t be surprised if your boyfriend gets an ego complex after naming him after the leader of the Greek gods.
14. Mon Poussinet: This is for a dedicated, adorable boyfriend.
15. Mon Cher et Tendre: This is a way to show how dear and tender you feel toward your boyfriend.
16. Ma Petite Marmotte: This means “my little marmot,” but it is used as an adorable term of endearment for a boyfriend.
17. Kiki: This is one of the cutest French nicknames for lovers.
18. Chouchou: This was once the name of a popular French film, but it also means “my favorite one.”
19. Bibou This is the perfect nickname for a sweet, kind soul.
20. Mon Chou: This is the name of a creamy, French cupcake, but it is used to mean my sweetheart.
21. Mon Amoureux: This is a simple name for your lover since it actually means “my lover.”
22. Chouquette: This is actually a type of tasty pastry. It is filled with mousse or custard. Then, it is covered in chocolate chips, pearl sugar or dipped in chocolate.
23. Ma Guimauve: This is a wonderful nickname for a man that is as sweet as candy.
24. Mon Gazou: In Arabic, this name means boy. It is typically used in France for someone who is charming and sweet.
25. Boubou: This doesn’t really mean anything, but it sounds cool.
26. Doudou: This cute nickname sounds sweet.
27. Mon Coussinet: This means a small cushion that is for a calm, gentle boyfriend.
28. Mon Zazou: This is a crazy nickname for a boyfriend who is fairly wild and fun.
29. BG: This stands for “beau gosse.” It means a hot guy.
30. Cousin: This nickname means an informer among gangs and dealers, but it is a teasing nickname for friends.
31. Mon Petit Cœur: This means “my little sweetheart.”
32. Mon Bichon: This adorable nickname means “my sweetheart.”
33. Choupinou: This is a sweet nickname for a cute boyfriend.
34. Bisounours: Use this for your special care bear.
35. Mon Artiste: This French nickname means “my artist.” Use it if you have a very artistic boyfriend.
36. Frérot: This is similar to the English “bro,” so it works better for a crush or friend than it does for a boyfriend.
37. Chef: This means boss, so it works much better for a friend or a crush.
38. Mon Souriceau: This adorable nickname means “my mouse.” It is a wonderful nickname for a boyfriend who is super energetic or troublesome.
39. Mon Petit Canard: This is a cute nickname that means “little duck.”
40. Mon Biquet: This term of endearment is popular for loved ones like a boyfriend.
41. Lapinou: This adorable name means “my little rabbit.”
42. Calinours: This is for a boyfriend who is cuter than a teddy bear.
43. Mon Ange: This adorable name means “my angel.”
44. Mon Héros: Use this nickname if your boyfriend is your hero.
45. Mon Preux Chevalier: This is for your knight in shining armor.
46. Pioupiou: This is actually an animal sound, but it is used as a cute French nickname for lovers.
47. Gavroche: In 1862, this nickname was used by Victor Hugo in his famed novel, Les Misérables. It is for someone who is a troublemaker.
48. Mon Poussin: This is for your adorable little chicken.
49. Ma Poule: This is a French slang word that means “my sweetheart.”
50. Mon Trésor: This is one of the most adorable French nicknames for lovers. It means “my treasure.”
50 French Nicknames for Lovers for Girls
1. Biquette: This technically means female goat, but the French actually use it as a term of endearment.
2. Choupinette: This adorable name means “sweetheart.”
3. Beauté: This is for a beautiful girlfriend.
4. Ma Fée: This means fairy and is perfect if you have a magical girlfriend.
5. Bibi d’Amour: This is perfect for your lover.
6. Ma Petite Sirène: This means “little mermaid,” which makes it adorable for your girlfriend.
7. Papouille: This is for that lovely lady you love to cuddle.
8. Ma Schtroumpfette: This means smurfette.
9. Ma Tendre: This is for that woman you feel so tenderly about.
10. Pépette: This is for a woman you value so much.
11. Ma Tourterelle: This means turtledove and is an adorable pet name.
12. Ma Princesse: This cute name means “my princess.”
13. Bichette: This is a French term for a female deer, but it is actually used as a term of endearment.
14. Lolotte: This is for a spunky, fun girlfriend.
15. Toutoune: This is for that girl you love to cuddle with.
16. Ma Lionne: This means lioness, so your “lioness” is bound to love this name.
17. Ma Rose: Use this for your rose.
18. Ma Dulcinée: This sweet-sounding name is for your sweetheart.
19. Mimoune: This old-fashioned name is an adorable term of endearment.
20. Poulette: This means “chick” and is a super cute nickname.
21. Coquinette: This is a cute nickname for a very naughty, flirty girlfriend.
22. Mon Amour: This means my love.
23. Ma Nymphe: This is for your nymph or goddess.
24. Cacahuète: This adorable name means “peanut.”
25. Loukoum: This is a sweet name that is a word for Turkish delight. What could be sweeter than that?
26. Mon Cœur au Chocolat: This is for your chocolate heart.
27. Mon Bébé: This means “my baby.”
28. Mon Chou: This means “honey.”
29. Chatounette: This is one of the cutest French nicknames for lovers. It means “kitty.”
30. Ma Chérie: This is a name for the dearest person in your life.
31. Lapinette: This is for a girlfriend who is as cute as a rabbit.
32. Ma Reine: This means “queen.”
33. Ma Poupée: This is a cute nickname that means “baby doll.”
34. Ma Belle: This is a popular French nickname for a girlfriend.
35. Pupuce: This is the name for your special honey pot.
36. Ma Douce: This is an adorable nickname that means “sweetie.”
37. Ma Muse: This cute name is for someone who is your muse and inspiration.
38. Mon Bébé d’Amour: This is a French nickname for your baby love.
39. Ma Loute: This means sweetheart.
40. Zoubida: This fun-sounding name is from Arabic. It means lover and is used in French as well.
41. Roudoudou: This is an adorable nickname that is fun to say. It means sweetheart.
42. Ma Chance: This is a fun nickname for a girl that you are lucky to have.
43. Ma Pépite: This is a word for a piece of old, which is a good way to describe your girlfriend.
44. Ma Mignonnette: This is a nickname for an adorable, good-looking girlfriend.
45. Ma Promise: This means “my promise,” which makes it ideal for a girl that you plan on marrying in the future.
46. Ma Tigresse: This French nickname means “tigress.”
47. Ma Petite Grenouille: This fun French name means “little frog,” but it is actually used as a romantic name for girlfriends.
48. Ma Violette: This is the word for violet, which makes it a great name for a beautiful girlfriend.
49. Ma Valentine: This is the name for your Valentine.
50. Sucre d’Or: This is the perfect French nickname for a sweet girlfriend.