If you want to learn more about your friend or just have some fun, these funny hypothetical questions can help. They can help you learn about what a person believes and what motivates them in life. At the very least, they can be an interesting way to pass the time.
1. If someone offered to tell you exactly what you would be doing in 20 years from now, but you would be unable to change your future at all, would you want them to tell you or not?
2. Hyenas seem to laugh all the time. Do they still laugh when they are being killed?
3. If you had $1 million to spend and were going to die in seven days, what would you spend it on?
4. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?
5. If a turtle loses its shell, is it naked or homeless?
6. If you could relive all or part of your last year, would you do anything differently? What changes would you make?
7. Assume that there is a building on fire. Inside, there are four strangers and one of your siblings. You can only save the group of strangers of your sibling. Who do you save?
8. How many times do you use a disposable razor?
9. If you could have the free, unlimited services of either a cook, masseuse or chauffeur for a year, which one would you choose?
10. If someone gave you $35,000 to go without brushing your teeth, using deodorant or showering for three months, would you do it?
11. Now, assume the same scenario as the last question, but you cannot tell anyone why you are doing this or you would lose the money. Would you still do it?
12. If you had to choose between living a happy life for 50 years or living forever unhappily, which one would you choose?
13. If you had to choose between the perfect friendship or an okay relationship, which one would you choose?
14. Would you feel uncomfortable going out to eat or to a movie by yourself?
15. If you could add 20 extra years to your life by allowing a stranger to die, would you be willing to do it?
16. If you had to choose one outfit that you had to wear for the rest of your life, which outfit would you choose?
17. Assume the same scenario as before, but now you have to actually murder the stranger to get their extra life-years. Would you do it?
18. For the rest of your life, it will only be spring, winter, autumn or summer. Which one would you choose?
19. Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
20. If you were a robot, how would you know that you are a robot? Would you be able to know?
21. I am is the shortest sentence in the English language. Is “I do” the longest sentence?
22. If someone who has multiple personalities tried to kill himself, would it technically be considered a hostage situation?
23. If you were actually a robot, would you want to know?
24. If you had to lose two limbs (either your legs or arms), which limbs would you choose?
25. If it turned out that you were actually in a coma and your entire life was just a dream, would you want to know?
26. If Jurassic Park were a real place, would you want to visit it?
27. You get a job offer that pays you $3,000 a week to sit in a dark room. You are not allowed to do anything or talk for eight hours a day. Would you do it? If not, for how much money would you do it for?
28. What is the right response if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
29. If you had to wear a mask for the rest of your life, which mask would you choose?
30. Why is it that people believe it when someone tells them there are a billion stars in the universe, but they have to touch their nose when someone tells them that they have wet paint on their nose?
31. If you had to describe your entire life in just 20 words or less, what exactly would you say?
32. If you had to be reincarnated as an object and not an animal, what would you choose?
33. If you took the wings off of a fly, would it be called a walk?
34. Why do your feet smell and your nose run?
35. If you had a stock stuffed in your mouth, do you think that it would be possible to get it out without using your feet or hands?
36. Would you rather become a hidden dragon or crouching dragon?
37. If your life was suddenly a part of the television show Friends, which character would you be?
38. If you could cure every disease in the world for the rest of forever, but you had to kill an innocent child to do it, would you?
39. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
40. Would you rather become dumber or uglier?
41. If we have free speech, then why are there phone bills?
42. Would you rather have to say everything that pops into your mind or never get to say anything again?
43. Would you be willing to have your left middle finger removed by a surgeon if it magically made it so that you never became sick?
44. If Chuck Norris and MacGyver were in a fight, who would win?
45. Would you rather end world hunger or have world peace?
46. Would you rather forget who everyone else was or who you are?
47. Would you give up all of your first world perks if it meant you could be truly happy (but living in a third world country)?
48. If you knew that you would go blind in two months, what would you do? Is there anything in particular that you would want to see?
49. Would rather live for another 60 years and never be able to leave your home again or live for just 10 more years and be able to go wherever you want.
50. Would you rather be stuck with a mullet or be bald for the rest of your life?