Whether you are part of a basketball team or play soccer, you need the right funny team names for your group. Thinking of a clever name is not easy. To help you get started, we have compiled a list of 150 funny team names to help you out. You can use these team names as they are written or change them to make a more unique option for your team.
1. Girls Gone Runnin’: Cute!
2. Nothing But Dicks: This is not appropriate for all age groups.
3. Thong Distance Runners: Perfect for those long distance runners!
4. Road Dawgs: Fun!
5. Eve’s Posse: For an all girl team.
6. Passionate Pumpers: Nice.
7. Pitches Be Crazy: A PG version of a not-so-PG name.
8. Case of the Runs:Uh-oh!
9. Jokers Are Wild: Fun!
10. Not Fast, But Furious: This makes me sad.
11. Hairy Backs Anonymous: For a group of hairy guys.
12. Bowled Girls: For a bowling team.
13. Scrambled Legs: For any team that involves running.
14. Sweaty Balls Club: Yuck.
15. Powers of Attorneys: For a team of attorneys.
16. Running Like Mothers: This is cute for a group of moms.
17. Southern Belles: Adorable!
18. Alcoholism Is the Real Winner: Oh, dear.
19. Strike Queens: For bowlers, this is a great name. For softball players? Not so good.
20. We Got the Runs: Uh-oh.
21. It’s Hammered Time: That’s after the game, silly.
22. Cheetahs: Nice.
23. Mandarin Maniacs: For a group of players who care about their Chinese heritage.
24. Twisted Blisters: Fun!
25. Lucky Runners: Not that lucky—you still have to run after all.
26. Engaging Egos: Too many egos is not good for a team.
27. Eat My Bubbles: Perfect for a group of swimmers.
28. Run for Fun: Fun? Yeah, right.
29. Alley Cats: Adorable! Perfect for a bowling team.
30. Accel-erators: For speedy players.
31. Kickin’ Assphalt: You said it.
32. Lane Hogs: For swimmers or bowlers.
33. We Leave the Lid Up: For a group of, most likely, single guys.
34. Three of a Kind: Nice.
35. Chicks With Kicks: Check out those shoes, man!
36. I’m Too Trivia to Drunk: For trivia teams that are about to lose.
37. Phantom Strikers: Cool.
38. When You’re This Screwed, the Team Name Doesn’t Matter: You don’t have to worry about having a strong ego or pride.
39. Feeling Pitchy : Watch out!
40. I Thought This Was a 5k: Me, too.
41. Southern Discomfort: You’ve heard of Southern Comfort, right?
42. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Gutter: For bowling teams .
43. The Master-Debaters: Guys pick the silliest names.
44. Balls & Dolls: This is a funny team name for guys and gals.
45. Corporate Punishment: No one really wants to play on the corporate softball team, right?
46. It’s A Small World: It truly is.
47. Are We There Yet?: This is how I feel during marathons.
48. Pavement Princesses: This is one of the funny team names for runners.
49. Walkie Talkies: For a walking club.
50. Snap, Crackle, Pop: Cool.
51. Batter Up: Cute.
52. Coming in First: That’s the attitude!
53. The Pancakes: Because batter up, right?
54. Luck of the Draw: I’m not feelings that lucky.
55. Basketballers: Cool.
56. Man-Chest-Hair United: Get it? Manchester United?
57. Hell on Heels: For runners or any running-based sport.
58. Call Me a Cab: Yup, me too.
59. Hole in None: For golfers.
60. Natural Selection: That’s how sports tournaments work.
61. Lucky Strike: Good for bowling, bad for baseball.
62. In It for the Beer: Me, too.
63. World’s Tallest Midgets: At least you have some claim to fame.
64. Smarty Pints: This funny team name is for teams that care more about the after-game beer than the game.
65. That’s What She Said: This is so overdone.
66. Purple People Eaters: Nice.
67. Running on Empty: Or, at least, you soon will be.
68. Mind Over Mudder: For mud run teams.
69. They Said There’d Be Beer: Jerks.
70. Livin’ on a Spare: Get it? Living on a prayer?
71. The Pace Makers: We set the pace, baby.
72. Alcoballics: Probably not something you should really advertise.
73. Weekend Runaways: For weekend players.
74. How I Met Your Mudder: For moms on a mud run.
75. Blue Ballers: Oh, dear.
76. The Rastafarians: For 4/20 friendly teams.
77. Run4Fun: Who really thinks running is fun?
78. The Rolling Hills: This is the last thing I want to see during a marathon.
79. Blood, Sweat and Beers: Let’s just skip to the last step.
80. Scrambled Legs and Achin’: Cute.
81. Run Like the Winded: I got this one down pat.
82. Victorious Secret: Victory!
83. Super Heroes in Training: Hey, we’re just in training. Give us a break!
84. Turkey Baggers: For bowling teams.
85. Banana Splitz: Another great name for a bowling team . . . or a gymnastics team.
86. E-LEMON-Ators: Eliminate the competition.
87. Straight Off the Couch: And not ready to play.
88. Team Sweaty Coconuts: This is okay, I guess.
89. 7 Deadly Shins: Adorable!
90. Beer O’Clock: It’ll be here soon enough.
91. Couch Potatoes: The other team probably won’t be that worried about you guys.
92. The Jelly Beans: Cute!
93. Spaghetti Legs: Been there. Done that.
94. Road Hogs: Fun.
95. Brokebat Mountain: A funny team name for baseball players.
96. Life’s A Pitch: Softball or baseball? You choose.
97. Alcoholics Unanimous: Oh, dear.
98. Quads of Fury: Poor quads.
99. The Young and the Rest of Us: For a multi-aged group.
100. Blondes Have More Run: For a team of blonde ladies.
101. Outside the Asylum: They let you guys out?
102. Dyslexia Untied: Cute.
103. I Love Bad Pitches: I don’t.
104. Sons of Pitches: Sigh.
105. The Baseballers: Cute.
106. Splitz and Giggles: A less-than-PG option for baseball teams.
107. Made It to Third Base: Nice.
108. Something Wicked This Way Runs : Adorable.
109. Procrastinators: This describes my approach to work outs.
110. Taste the Rainbow: Cool.
111. Injured Reserve: This is probably the list they would put me on.
112. Not Last Place: You have to build your ego somehow, right?
113. The Meme Team: Fun.
114. Game of Throws: This would be one of the best funny team names for a baseball, football, softball or other throwing-based team sport.
115. Abusement Park: Uh-oh.
116. Nothing But Net: Use for a basketball team.
117. Terminators: Cool.
118. Wrong Direction: This is the last thing you want to hear during a long run.
119. Our Uniforms Match: And that’s about it.
120. Game of Drones: For Game of Thrones fans.
121. Hunger Dames: Adorable.
122. Baby Got Track: For track teams.
123. Where’s the Finish Line?: Beats me.
124. PokeyMoms: Get it?
125. Tequila Mockingbird: This is a play on the book, To Kill a Mockingbird.
126. Pigs Fly: I’ll play that sport when pigs fly.
127. We Who Shall Not Be Named: Based on Harry Potter’s He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
128. Dumbledore’s Army: Another option for Harry Potter fans.
129. No Child Left Behind: For a group of children on a team.
130. One Hit Wonders: Not that awesome.
131. Axis of No Talent: Oh, dear.
132. Heart & Sole: For runners.
133. Prawn Stars: This is a clever pun.
134. Punny: Feeling punny today?
135. Madams of Mayhem: Awesome.
136. The Caboose: Because you always come in last
137. Easier Said Than Run: Cool.
138. Chicken Noodle Hoop: For basketball teams.
139. Happy Feet: Adorable.
140. Furious George: You’ve heard of Curious George, right? This is his less cuddly or adorable brother.
141. No Game Scheduled: Uh-oh.
142. Agony of De Feet: This is perfect for running teams.
143. Forgot to Warm-up: It might be a funny team name, but it does not bode well for your future success.
144. All Pain, No Gain: No fun.
145. In It for the Swag: Me, too.
146. Tenacious Turtles: This is almost motivational and probably one of the least funny team names.
147. A Team By Any Other Name: Would definitely not smell as sweet.
148. Village Idiots: No nice.
149. Our Nemesis: When the other team is asked, “Who are you playing?”, they will say, “We’re playing our nemesis.”
150. Hide-and-Seek: This is another fun one for when the other team is asked who they are playing. The answer? We are playing hide-and-seek.