Graduations are an exciting time. Whether you are graduating from high school or college, your family and friends probably want to join in the festivities. This is a time when people often give money or gifts to commemorate the occasion. Your family may invite everyone over for a party or pay for a vacation to mark the special occasion. If you receive a gift or card for your graduation, show that you appreciate it with these graduation thank you card messages. To make the card more unique, make sure that you add exactly what you are thanking the recipient for before you send the card. You may also want to write about how you will use the money or item and how much you appreciate it.
1. Thank you so much for giving me money! I have already put it in my college fund and plan on using it for my college tuition. I cannot tell you how much this means to me—it will really help me cover tuition costs this year. I was also so happy that I got to spend time with you at my graduation party. I hope we will get to see each other more over the summer before I go to college. Again, thank you so much for my graduation gift.
2. Your graduation gift was so generous. I will be using the gift card to buy items for my college dorm—it will look so awesome. Thank you so much for thinking about me on my graduation day. It means a lot to me.
3. Words can never really express how much your gift means to me. It really made my day. Thank you so much!
4. Thank you for joining me to celebrate my graduation day. Your thoughtfulness and kindness were greatly appreciated.
5. As I graduate, I am starting a new journey in life. Before that journey can begin, I wanted to thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, kindness and prayers.
6. Thank you so much for coming to my college graduation ceremony! It was so lovely getting to have all of my friends and family around me as I graduated. The weather held out, so we were able to have the ceremony outdoors instead. The entire day was just wonderful. I also wanted to thank you for the thoughtful gift that you gave me. It wasn’t necessary to give me anything, but I really appreciated it.
7. I just wanted to thank both of you for coming to my graduation ceremony. It was so great to have a loud cheering section at my back—I know that I certainly heard your cheers! Thank you again for the generous gift. I can certainly use the money as I start paying college tuition soon! You are so kind—I really appreciate it.
8. Thank you so much for giving me such a generous graduation gift. It will certainly be put to good use as I go backpacking in Europe this summer. I was going to just bring my old backpack, but your gift means that I can get a backpack with all of the bells and whistles. I can’t wait to pick it out. Thank you so much for thinking about me on my special day.
9. I just wanted to thank all of my family, friends and loved ones for all of the amazing memories I have had in school. Your support—and your present—are both greatly appreciated.
10. Graduation is a moment when I can remember everyone who has touched my life and made an impact during my schooling. Thank you so much for the gift of your presence and your present.
11. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated all of the time and energy you put into making my special day amazing. You have helped me so much, and I will always think of you as one of my most important mentors in school. It has been a wonderful feeling to know that I can always turn to you for support and encouragement. Thank you so much.
12. You have always given me such great advice. Thank you for coming to my graduation ceremony and always being such a wonderful influence in my life. Thank you!
13. Thank you so much for your generosity. It will go a long way toward helping me pay for my tuition. I never thought I would have enough money to make my dreams come true, but you have proven me wrong. I have no clue how I will ever be able to thank you enough.
14. I was so surprised when I opened my gift—I really could not believe what you had given me. You really surprised me. I am truly lucky to have a friend like you.
15. This present was so lovely and thoughtful. I wish I could put into words just what it meant to me. Thank you so much.
16. I wanted to thank you twice—once for the gift and once for thinking of me. Really though, a dozen thank yous would never be enough to express how happy I was that you thought of me.
17. I am so happy that you were able to celebrate my graduation with me. Just by being there, you made my day amazing. Your gift was totally unexpected and made me even happier. Thank you for making my graduation so wonderful.
18. During my graduation ceremony, I was so happy to look up and see your face smiling there. Thank you for supporting me on one of the most important days of my life. I was so glad that you were there to share it with me. Thank you also for the thoughtful gift. I am sure that I will be using it all the time now, and I will definitely be bringing it with me to my new job.
19. I was so happy that you were able to come to my graduation. Also, I wanted to thank you for your gift. I am going to use it to make a photo collage of all of my high school friends and my family members. When I bring it with me to college, I will be able to remember all of the people like you who made my life so special.
20. Thank you so much for your gift. I was worried about being able to decorate and set up my college dorm, and now I can check another item off of my list. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!
21. Your generosity has been totally amazing. Thank you for giving me money as a present. It will come in handy as I really needed to get some outfits for my job interviews. Thank you again for being so kind and supportive!
22. Thank you so much for the graduation money! I was worried about having enough money when I go to college, and it makes me worry a little less knowing that I have this emergency money to fall back on. Thank you so much!
23. I was so happy that you remembered my graduation. Your card and the check were such a sweet gesture. I have to buy a lot of new things for my dorm, and this will really help me out a lot. I appreciate your gift so much—thank you.
24. I just received your thoughtful gift in the mail today. I was so touched that you thought of me and remembered my upcoming graduation. I just wish I had more tickets for my graduation so that I could see you in the crowd. If I could invite more than just my parents, you would be next on the list. Thank you so much for thinking of me and giving me such a thoughtful present.
25. I was so happy that you were able to come to my graduation ceremony! Thank you so much for coming to support me.
26. You brought extra joy to my special day. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful gift—I cannot wait to use it.
27. Thank you so much for taking your time to come to my graduation ceremony. I really cannot express how happy I was to see you there when I walked across the stage.
28. Thank you so much for showing up at my graduation ceremony. I really appreciated the money, and it will help me buy a laptop for college. Thank you again!
29. I cannot really believe that I am graduating. I am so excited! Thank you so much for all of the help you have given me over the years. Thank you so much!
30. It was an amazing moment when I saw you at my ceremony today. I was so thankful that you came and even happier when you showed me my present. Thank you!
31. Thank you for making the long trip to see me graduate! I really appreciate that you took all that time just to be there for me. Thank you for coming and for the amazing present you gave me.
32. It was so wonderful that you took the time to celebrate my graduation with me. It means the world to me that you came and gave me such a great present.
33. Thank you so much for the graduation gift and for coming to my graduation party—I really appreciate it!
34. You have enriched my life with your generosity and kindness. Thank you for sharing this amazing day with me.
35. Thank you for giving me my first watch today. I always wanted an “old-fashioned” watch, and I plan on wearing it every day from now on!