There are so many ways of saying I love you, without actually uttering the words!
Saying ‘I love you’ is important as hearing the words mean a great deal, but love is felt in many different ways and, thus, need to be communicated in many different ways. So in this article I discuss the ways you can express your love verbally, as well as in actions. You will find that doing and saying a few of these things every week can improve your relationship a lot! It will bring back those warm and fuzzy feelings…
Compliment Their Looks
In a relationship attraction plays a big part in sustaining it, therefore it’s important to express that you desire someone physically, as well as mentally. The below compliments are great ways of showing you love someone’s looks and are attracted to them.
- You are so beautiful.
- You’re so cute when you do that. (Obviously choose to say this when they are doing something you find cute.)
- You have the brightest smile.
- Your hair looks beautiful today.
- That dress looks amazing on you. (You can exchange dress for whatever clothes they’re wearing that look good on them, of course!)
- You take my breath away with your beauty.
- I love the sparkle in your eye.
- Your eyes are the most beautiful eyes I ever saw.
- You look stunning today.
- You’re such an attractive man/woman.
- When you pull that face you’re the cutest/hottest/most beautiful creature.
- You look amazing.
- You’re such a stunner when you dress up.
- I still can’t believe I’m dating such a beautiful man/woman.
- I melt when I look at you.
- You sizzle today!
- I love your belly/thighs/butt/arms (whatever you prefer…).
- Your lips are so kissable.
Compliment Their Personality
We all want to know why we are loved. So tell us! (Obviously the below compliments relate to different situations and people – don’t tell someone they are great at standing up for themselves if they aren’t.) Compliments should always be honest and come from the heart.
- You have such a beautiful heart.
- You are so clever.
- You’re so good with people in these kind of situations.
- The way you handled that was great.
- Well done on [insert what they did at work that day that was well done].
- This friend of yours is really awesome.
- I love how you respect people.
- The way you stand up for yourself is really sexy.
- You have great friends – must be because you are a great person.
- You are such a beautiful person through and through, I’m really lucky to have you in my life.
- You’re one of the kindest people I’ve ever met.
- You’re really smart – it’s sexy.
- You’re so great with kids/your parents/your friends/etc.
- You shine!
- I love it when you’re happy.
- You have an infectious happiness – have you noticed how you make everyone smile today?
- I know you can handle [whatever situation they’re in].
- Whoever you will work with today will be thankful to have you around.
- You’re so great at cooking/baking/making drinks/driving/painting…whatever it is they’re good at! (Try complimenting different talents every other week or so.)
- I love your honesty.
- You’re incredible when you [insert whatever it is they do].
- I believe in you.
- You can handle this.
- If anyone can do this, it’s you.
Show you appreciate what they do for you.
- I love it when you dress up for me when we go on a date.
- Thank you for cooking/cleaning/getting my laundry/etc. (whatever it is they did).
- I really appreciate your kindness.
- I love the way you love me.
- I love how you always take care of me.
- It’s wonderful to see that you always have my best interest at heart.
- You make me feel special. Thank you.
- The things I love the most about you definitively include [list three things].
- I feel safe with you because I know you’re honest.
Show Your Feelings
Love feels different at different times and whoever is in love with you want to hear how you’re feeling. It will give them butterflies in return…
- I can’t stop thinking about you.
- I miss you even when I’m just away from you for a day. (And remember: giving someone space allows for attraction to build up, so be sure to give it from time to time.)
- I’ve never felt like this for anyone before.
- The way I feel about you is special.
- I really treasure you.
- Being around you makes me happy.
- You’re one of the best things that ever happened to me.
- I’m so lucky to have you.
- You’re a blessing.
- I’m in love with you.
- I get a silly grin on my face when I think of you…
- I’ve been on a pink cloud since I met you.
- You make me see pink clouds.
- When I’m around you I get this weird sensation I’m floating on a cloud of happiness.
- You make my heart sing.
- You’re the most special person I ever met.
- You’re special to me.
- I just can’t resist you when you smile at me like that.
- You still give me butterflies.
- Your smile makes me feel all warm inside.
- I get giddy when I’m around you.
- I’m here for you whenever you need me.
Tell Them You’re Attracted to Them
Steam it up so that they feel your attraction…and sometimes you need words and not just actions. Some people really have to be told that they are sexy and desired – it’s not enough to take their clothes off.
- I can’t resist you when you look like that.
- I just want to tear your clothes off right now.
- Your body never stops turning me on.
- I love your muscles.
- You look so hot in that outfit.
- Your lips look so kissable right now.
- Your body drives me crazy.
- The shape of your butt is perfect.
- Those legs could make anyone go crazy…
- I’m the luckiest person alive to have such a sexy partner!
- When we get home I want to take your clothes off, because looking at you tonight I’m going insane…
- You’re the most attractive person I ever met.
- You turn me on more than anyone else I’ve ever met.
- You’re so hot.
- Just one look from you and I go crazy.
- You’re so sexy!
- You must be the sexiest man/woman alive.
Tell Them How Much You Love Them in the Bedroom
The more desired people feel, the more confident they get and the better the sex gets! Make them open up to you.
- I can’t get enough of kissing you.
- You’re the best kisser I’ve ever met.
- You know just how to touch me to turn me on.
- You always drive me crazy in the bedroom.
- You’re so good at…(whatever they’re good at).
- Best sex ever.
- You are the only person I’ve met that can drive me this crazy.
- I just love when you do that… (Whatever it is they are doing – encouraging them also means they’ll do it again as they’ll remember you like it.)
- You’re so sexy in bed.
- I love your lingerie.
- God you’re good with your hands!
- You drive me insane, you know that?!
- I want you.
- I kept thinking your clothes off all day today.
Show You Care
Is there something you can do for them to show you care? Of course there is. And that will make them feel loved. So ask them what you can do!
- Is there anything I can do for you today baby?
- Can I help you with [insert: whatever it is they are doing]?
- Is there anything I can do to show your family I care?
- You’re tired so let me fix dinner!
- You’ve had a long week, shall I book you a massage appointment for tonight? My treat!
- I’ll have the wine ready when you come home.
- Let me pour a hot bath for you.
- I know you have a busy week, so is there anything I can do to help? Whether you want me to buy groceries, or make a phone call for you, I’m happy to help!
- You look cold, let me get you a hot tea and a blanket!
- You’re tired, here, let me rub your feet for you.
- What would make you really happy this weekend? Because I’d like to do something that would make you really happy! (Sometimes it’s better to figure this out in advance as people like when others decipher what they like and give it to them, but at times it’s also nice to ask. Just don’t ask the day before their birthday – spend months figuring it out.)
- I’ll do the dishes and you sit down and relax, you deserve it.
- If you need me, just ask. I’m here for you.
Things You Can Actually Do
As the above suggests, there are things you can do, whether rub someone’s feet, or pick up the laundry for them on a busy week (or just because you care). Below are some other things you can actually do and remember – it can be really small things, like having their favorite cup of tea ready for them after a long day. Fancy dates may sound great, but a romantic walk on the beach, or a candlelit dinner at home can be just as appreciated and finding a little note in your pocket saying ‘I love you’ is just as romantic as a diamond necklace.
- Bring them their favorite dessert.
- Leave them little notes hidden in their bag/pocket/anywhere you know they would find it, be it cute, or sexy notes, or a bit of both!
- Lit candles all over the house to surprise them with some romance.
- Cook dinner, or prepare breakfast for them.
- Buy them a tiny gift ever so often.
- Take them on “secret” dates (i.e. you don’t tell them beforehand) doing something you know they’d love, be it flying a hot air balloon, or going to a fancy restaurant.
- Look after them when they have a cold.
- Do something around the house/apartment for them.
- Really listen to them when they talk about a long day and then give them a big hug, showing you’re there for them as a support and have faith that they will handle whatever comes their way.
- Set time aside to really be together – not watching movies, or sitting next to each other doing different things, but truly doing things together, talking and sharing moments.
- Touch them – physical touch is important for most people, like holding hands, hugging, etc.