You can only fit so much into a text before your thumbs get sore. So we did the dirty work for you and made a list of super sweet text messages you can send to your girl!
There’s nothing quite like a sweet text message to brighten up your girl’s day. Unlike a phone call, text messages give her something to save on her phone that she can read whenever she’s thinking of you. It gives her a piece of your heart that she can save and see again and again whenever she misses you.
The beauty of text messaging these days is that you can write as long a message as you want. Of course, you don’t want to write her a novella that she’ll be reading well into her lunch break, but you do want a long enough message to get your point across in a way that’s both poetic, personal, and still detailed.
So here are 25 super sweet long text messages that you can send to your girl. These messages were created to be long enough to have all the sweetness you want to convey, but short enough to fit into a screenshot that she can save and read through again and again.
1. I may not be the perfect guy. I may not always remember special dates or the places we went to on our first few dates. I won’t, for the life of me, remember exactly where we had our first kiss or first held hands. But I will remember this: I will remember each time you need me. When you need me to pick you up or to take you to your monthly doctor’s checkup. I’ll remember when you say you want to watch a movie or try out a new restaurant. I guess what I want to say is this: I may not remember much about the past, but what’s always on my mind is my future with you.
2. Do you ever notice how I always smile like an idiot whenever I’m talking to you? I hope you don’t think I’m condescending or ridiculing you. I’m just smiling my dopey smile because I’m so happy to see you talk so animatedly about something you’re passionate about. So fine, laugh at me all you want because I look dumb. But the joke’s on you because I’m just deliriously happy.
3. I’ve always been a loner, you know that. When you met me, I had the tiniest group of friends, and I was too scared to take down my walls. But with your disarming smile, your enchanting gaze, and your brilliant ideas, you managed to let me step out of my comfort zone and let someone in. Imagine my delight when it seemed like you turned my gray world into one filled with color and light. I went from being apathetic to becoming passionate about one thing – making you happy. And now that I’ve found my calling, I’ll do whatever it takes to make you the happiest woman in the world.
4. I think I need to apologize for something. Remember when you sometimes have trouble sleeping? They say it happens when you’re in someone’s dream. Well, I’ve been dreaming a lot about you lately. Sure, there are a couple of naughty dreams in there. But for the most part, I keep seeing us in the future. I see you in your white dress walking down the aisle. I see you glowing because we just learned the sex of our baby. I see you doting on our firstborn. And I see us in our old age, admiring the wonderful life we’ve lived together. I guess I just want to say that I should probably let you sleep each night now. Because life is so much better knowing my dreams will become a reality.
5. I fell in love with you not just because of how you look (but trust me, that’s a huge bonus). I fell in love with you not just because of how much money you make. I fell in love with you not just because of how much other people like you. No, I fell in love with you for all the small reasons that built up to become my reason for living. You smile in the morning. The little dance you do when you do something right. The way you’re so passionate about what you do. That pure look of love you give me at random times. Yes, those are the reasons I’m truly, madly, deeply in love with you.
6. You know all my favorites. You know my favorite color is blue. You know my favorite movie is Fight Club. You know my favorite artist is Bruce Springsteen. But do you know what my favorite time of the day is? Do you know what my favorite activity is? Do you know what my favorite thing to see is? The answer to all of that is you. My favorite time is when I get to talk to you; my favorite activity, being around you; and my favorite sight is that first time you crack a smile when you see me walking towards you. Suffice to say, you’re my favorite everything.
7. In When Harry Met Sally, they say, “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” Now I’m usually a pretty patient guy, but I just can’t wait for us to get the that point when we’re planning our future together.
8. You’re my first thought in the morning and my last at night. You’re the source of my strength and my greatest weakness. You make me deliriously happy when you’re there and downright miserable when you’re not. You’re the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me, and I can’t even imagine what I did right to deserve you in my life. You’re my angel, my star, you’re everything that’s right in the world.
9. Most guys might whisk you off into exotic adventures, give you rides on their fancy cars, and buy you more jewels than you can wear in a lifetime. But I’m a simple man. I don’t have a lot of money to spend on gifts. I don’t always have the time because I work. But I will tell you this – I will work myself to the bone to make you happy. It might not be through designer clothes or expensive jewelry. I’ll sweep you off your feet with sweet little gestures, with my time and effort, and with my relentless pursuit to put a smile on your beautiful face. I’m not rich or powerful – but I am determined to make you the happiest woman in the world.
10. I still fall in love with you every day. I fall in love with you when you first open your eyes in the morning. I fall in love with you when you gently sip your morning coffee. I fall in love with you right after you get out of the shower. I fall in love with you when your hair falls over your face while you’re working on your laptop. I fall in love with you when you bite your lip while thinking. I fall in love with you when you feel like cuddling. I fall in love with you every single moment of every single day.
11. Ever since I met you, I feel like I should be apologizing to all my organs. I should say sorry to my stomach for all those butterflies. I should say sorry to my brain for filling it with so many thoughts of you. I should say sorry to my hands for working them to the bone just to give you simple luxuries. I should say sorry to my feet for walking all those miles just to get to your house because I missed the bus. But I think my organs will understand, because never in their life have they ever seen my heart beat so happily.
12. I wish I could give you one day when you see yourself through my eyes. Then you would see just how beautiful you are inside and out. You would see how the world becomes more colorful whenever you smile. You would see how everything is brighter and better with you in the picture. If I could only give you one day to see yourself the way I see, you would understand why you’re so special to me.
13. Sometimes I wonder why I fell in love with you. Was it your beautiful smile? Was it the way the light bounced off your hair? Was it the sound of your laughter? Was it the way you carry yourself with such grace? Even though we’ve been together for a while, I still can’t pinpoint the one thing that made me fall in love with you. That just leads me to one conclusion – the minute I laid eyes on you, I just knew you were the one for me. There was no one moment or one thing that made me fall for you, it was a mix of everything you are.
14. Did you know that you’re the worst thing that ever happened to me? Because of you, I’ve lost hours of sleep. I’m always checking my phone. I can’t focus on anything because I keep thinking of you. My friends tell me I look like a crazed man. And maybe I am crazy, crazy in love with you that you dominate every part of my life. And you know what? I actually like it!
15. If nothing else, I hope you know that I love you with everything that I am. I love you from my first waking breath to the second before I fall asleep. I love you in my dreams, in every waking hour. I love you from the top of your head to the tip of your toes. I love you when we’re together, when we’re apart. I love you when we’re having fun, and even when we’re fighting. I love you all day, every day, and there’s nothing you can do to change that.
16. I remember when I was a kid, I kept wishing for really dumb stuff. I wished for a new toy truck or a new game for my Gameboy. When I was a teenager, I wished for better social skills so I can ask out any girl I like. When I grew older, I wished for a stable job with a better salary. But now that I’m with you, there’s only one thing I wish for – I wish to be with you until we’re old and gray. I wish to make you the happiest woman on earth. I wish to build a beautiful future with you where we can build a family together. And the more I wish for it, I’m starting to realize that it’s all slowly coming true.
17. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I’d have a garden of roses. If I had a penny for every time I remember your gorgeous smile, I’d be a millionaire. If I had a drop of water for each time I get butterflies when you’re with me, I’d own the Pacific. You’re always running through my mind, and I don’t think I want it to stop.
18. I never knew real fear until I met you. Back then I was carefree and careless. I cared more about myself than other people. But when you came into my life, that’s when I became scared. Not because of you but because I knew then what it was like to love someone more than life itself. I learned how to put you above myself. I learned to love you so much that I learned to be scared of the possibility of losing you.
19. Call me old fashioned but I’d rather hear the sound of your voice than read a message. Call me old fashioned but I don’t mind opening doors and pulling chairs for you. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to make handwritten letters for you instead of texting. Call me old fashioned but instead of telling you “I miss you” I’d rather drive up to your place and see you. Call me old fashioned but with all this technology bringing us closer together, nothing compares to the softness of your touch, the sound of your laughter, and the scent of your hair whenever I’m with you.
20. I want to be the guy who can make your bad days better. I want to be the guy who can make your stress go away as I replace it with a back rub. I want to be the guy who can turn your frown into a smile with a silly pun. I want to be the guy you can run to with your fears, the guy you can rely on when you want to cry. I want to be the guy that loves you so much that you’ll learn to love yourself even more.
21. I used to be afraid of love before I met you. I thought that being in love means being weak and vulnerable enough to let someone hurt you. But you showed me that love doesn’t have to be painful, that it doesn’t have to hurt. You showed me a love so pure and true that you made me believe in it. You made me see the world in a brighter light, and all you had to do was love me.
22. I remember the days when we used to be so shy around each other. We didn’t know who should make the first move. You smiled your shy little smile and you made me feel like I was walking on clouds. Never in a million years would I have thought I’d have the honor of calling you my girl. With you so many other men out there who are more handsome and less socially awkward, you chose me. I can’t express how thankful I am that you chose me.
23. My thoughts are free to roam wherever they like, but it’s amazing how they always find their way to you. I could go to any place I like at the drop of a hat, and yet my feet always head in your direction. I could be doing anything else right now, but it’s my heart that keeps telling me that the right place is always by your side.
24. A girl like you only deserves the best. I may not be the best guy out there, but I will tell you this: I will do whatever it takes to give you everything your heart desires. I’ll do my best to secure our future, I’ll try my best at cooking, and maybe I’ll get around to learning how to give the best massage in the world! You’re the reason I want to be the best at what I do because you deserve nothing less.
25. Love is never practical. It’s never easy. You can’t command it to appear, and you can’t make it go away with a snap of the fingers. Love is complicated, never convenient and almost always never sure. Love can make you act crazy and stupid, no matter how smart you are. But love makes you brave. It makes you face your fears. It makes you muster up the courage to talk to someone who’s way out of your league. Love is fearless; it doesn’t care about consequences. It only cares about getting your point across to the one you love. And that’s why I love being in love. It’s love that gave me the strength to finally approach you. And it’s love that keeps us together, through thick and thin. I love you, and I love us, and I love being in love with you all day, every single day.
Show your girl some love by sending her a long text message today. There doesn’t have to be a special occasion or anything. Random affectionate gestures like a sweet text will definitely make her day. So pick out the one that’s right for you and send it to her now!