A handwritten letter is something no woman can resist. It adds a personal touch to your message, and it’s even sweeter when you find the right words to show her how much you mean to her. It’s true that not all of us have a talent for writing love letters. But fret not because we have some short letters that might inspire you to create one of your own!
Pick out one of these sweet and romantic love letters and transform it into a personalized one that describes just how much you love your girl!
- I remember the day I first laid eyes on you. All eyes were on you, and you certainly captured mine. You had the brightest smile in the room, the most beautiful laugh, and the most graceful movements. You could break hearts with a simple glance. And yet of all the people in the room, of all the people who wanted your attention, your eyes landed on me. And ever since that day when we locked gazes, I have never wanted to look into anyone’s eyes ever again. I’ve fallen into an abyss of love with you and I have no plans of getting back up. You are the love of my life, the light of my world, the person who keeps me going. Looking back at all our memories together, I wouldn’t change anything for the world.
- Thank you for loving me. I may not say it out loud, and I may not have the guts to write it on paper, and yet here I am sending you this just to let you know. There’s no other woman in this world who can love me the way you do. And most of the time, you don’t even have to try. There’s something about the way you care about me, the way you talk to me, the way you touch me that makes me feel like I’m truly alive. So thank you for giving me your love, and thank you for taking my love in return.
- I had reached a point in my life where I thought that love was just a fantasy. I thought love was just a mix of emotions – lust, longing, loneliness – that reached a crescendo until all those feelings spill out and two people join together in a mutual mix of emotions. I thought that those emotions would inevitably turn into contempt or worse, indifference. And then I met you. You changed everything I believed about falling in love. You showed me that love is real, that it can last long after the initial passion has subsided. You showed me that “I love you” was more than just a phrase; it was a promise. I now know the meaning of love and what it can do. And I can truly say that I do love you.
- I’ve always had whimsical ideas about love. I thought love should be filled with passion. It should be nights of dancing, drinking, making love, and endless impassioned discussions about all the things we had in common. Yes, I’m influenced my indie rom-coms and the idea of the manic pixie dream girl. Don’t get me wrong, love can be manifested in such exciting moments. But through you, I learned that love can also be quiet and calm. It can be as serene as your face when you’re slumbering through one of our movie marathons. Love could be as gentle as your caress on my cheek. Love could be sweet and soft and delicate, just like you. I learned the easy way that loving you is like balancing all the excitement and serenity in this world, and all I need to do is to be around you.
- Heartbreaks were something that I just learned to get over. I’d fall in love with a girl, she’d fall in love with me. We’d get together and do all those couple things until we grew so sick of each other that there was no other course of action than to break up. Sometimes the breakups are nasty. Sometimes they were calm. But heartbreak was heartbreak and I figured I’d get over it somehow. But then I met you. You might be thinking that I’m already planning our breakup before we even get close to an argument. But no, I’m just looking back at all the heartbreak I’ve been through. And when I think of leaving your side, I feel like it would be the type of heartbreak that will scar me for the rest of my life.
- The idea of the “perfect woman” was ridiculous to me. I mean, there’s no way someone could be so perfect that you’d move heaven and earth to be with her. That just sounded like something a teenager would come up with. I had such a strong disbelief in the idea of the perfect woman that it felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks when I met you. You were everything I ever wanted, from your flaws to your indescribable perfection. You weren’t perfect in the sense that you could do no wrong. No, it’s more like you’re perfect because the parts of you that reach out fit perfectly into the parts of me that’s missing something. You complete me in a way that no one else in this world can.
- First I fell in love with your eyes, it was the first thing I saw. Then I fell in love with your smile and how it would make your eyes crinkle at the corners. Before long, I fell in love with your hands and how you move them so animatedly when you’re telling an exciting story. But I also fell in love with your ears, especially when you expose them as you tuck back a lock of your hair, a sure sign of your shyness. Then I fell in love with the way my name escapes from your lips, both in a casual conversation and in the throes of passion. I fell in love with your idiosyncrasies, the way you take your coffee, the way you like pineapple in your pizza. It wasn’t long after that I realized I had fallen in love with every single thing you do, and I’m still falling.
- I’d send you a flower, but I know that you’d ask me why I had to kill a beautiful plant just to give you something pretty. I’d send you chocolates and candy, but you’ll definitely accuse me of trying to make you gain weight. I’d send you a teddy bear, but come on, we’re not in high school anymore. I could send you expensive jewelry, but you’re too practical to let me spend on something so expensive yet relatively useless. I could send you music, but we both already listen to the same thing. I could send you a thousand and one gifts, and none of them would be good enough for you. I’m not saying you’re picky. What I’m trying to say is that no material thing on this earth could possibly be worth of such a wonderful human such as you.
- I read once that I should find someone who thinks I’m special, someone who sees me for what I’m worth. I never really understood what that meant because I thought that being in a relationship meant being with someone long enough to tolerate their presence for decades. I know, I’m a pragmatist. I figured love was for suckers, and I definitely wouldn’t fall for the trap of letting my heart get ahead of my brain. I was told to look for someone who looks at me like I’m the best thing in the world. They said I should find someone who thinks the sun shines out of my behind and that rainbows fall out of my fingertips. They said I should find someone who sees everything bad about me and running with it because all my good points outweigh the bad. But who am I kidding? I didn’t find someone to do that for me. I became that person who would do all of that and more for you.
- There’s something about the way you say my name that stull sends tingles up my spine. There’s something about the way you hold my hand that makes me feel like I’m safe and sound. There’s something about the way you hold me that makes me feel like I’m the luckiest guy on earth. There’s something about the way you lie down beside me that makes me feel like waking up is the best thing in the world. There’s something about the way you kiss me that makes me feel like love is real, that it’s eternal, that it’s you. There’s something about you that makes me realize every single day just how much I love everything about you.
- I’m in love with you; I know because no one else can make me feel elated just by hearing the sound of your voice. I’m in love with you; I know because out of all the beautiful works of art that I’ve seen in y life, nothing can catch my attention quite as well as you do. I’m in love with you; I know because no matter how often we fight and how often we avoid saying sorry, we still find the will not to walk away and instead work it out. I’m in love with you; I know because the future seems brighter each time I imagine you by my side. I’m in love with you; I know because I never used to believe in souls, so imagine my surprise when I learned that my soul has been yearning for yours all these years. I’m in love with you; I know you know this, but there’s no way I’ll ever get tired of telling you.
- You have no idea how happy I am to find you. I’ve searched high and low, I’ve loved and lost, and I’ve gone to the point where I almost gave up. And then I found you. You with your strawberry blonde hair, your excited laughter, your mind filled with thousands of fascinating thoughts. I found you, or rather, you found me. And nothing has ever been the same. You make me feel like there are more colors in the world now than before I locked eyes with your captivating green gaze. You make me feel like each emotion I feel is heightened because of you’ve opened up my heart. You make me feel like I’m a better man because of how you lift my up. I love you, and I’m so glad I found you.
- There are a lot of things in my life that I’m not sure of. I’m not sure I’m headed down the career path I want to be. I’m not sure about what I really want to do with my life. I’m not sure if I should buy a house, get a car, invest in the stock market, or learn a new trade. I’ve lived through so many years of uncertainty that I feel like I’m just floating through life as I go. And then one day, a steadying hand reached out and touch mine, pulled me closer to the ground and made me see the world in a different light. It’s like an age suddenly showed me the way, taught me more about myself that I could ever learn on my own, made me realize so many things that I’ve been blind to all these years. I’ve lived life being content with not being sure. But when I met you, I was finally sure of something – that there’s no way I can live through this life without you beside me.
- If people were books you would be my favorite novel. You would start off with a prologue that instantly captures my mind and makes me want to know more. Then you’d shy away a little, urging me to pursue you some more. And you’d throw me a bone, go out on a date with me, reveal a little more about yourself that I wouldn’t have gleaned when we first met. Then page by page, I would unravel you as I share a part of my soul with you through each passing chapter. And then, before I realize it, your chapters and mine have become one. And the novel of our lives just keeps going on and on…
- It’s not easy putting pen to paper and knowing exactly what to write. Words flow through my mind like endless rain into a paper cup, the song said. But when I try to think of the right words to say to you, I come to a dead end. But it’s not for lack of inspiration. No, it’s from an abundance of it. How could I possibly find the right words to express my love for you? How could I even begin to describe how much you mean to me? How can I find a page big enough to contain every single thought I have about you? So let me give you this short letter. It’s simple and it’s small, but in it I’ve poured out my thoughts on how it’s nearly impossible to find the words worthy of you.
Love letters need not be fancy or flowery. Just say what you mean and say it in the sweetest way you can!