When all bets are off and your man is just about to leave, perhaps and emotional letter will be the thing that can convince him to stay. Ideally, when you want someone to stay with you, you’ll want to do it in person. But in reality, some people distance themselves when they’ve had enough. That’s why we think that one way you can get him to consider giving your relationship another shot is by sending him a heartfelt letter that shows him how you feel.
1. I know I’m not the perfect girl. Heck, there are about a million girls out there who look better than me and can make you feel like a king whenever you’re together. I may not have much to offer by way of looks or riches or status. But I do have something that they might not have – I have a heart filled with love to give to you. I know it’s not much, but it’s pure and it’s real and it’s worth more than anything else you can get from someone who doesn’t love you as much as I do.
2. They say that not everyone you love will stay. Not everyone you trust will be loyal. And some people only exist as examples of what to avoid. But when I met you, I knew that I had met the exception to the rule. I knew that I had found someone who invalidates all those statements made by the cynics. You’re living proof that love exists, and it doesn’t have to hurt. So please, stay with me and let’s show the world what love really is.
3. I know I’m a piece of work. I know that I can make you inexplicably angry. I know that I’m nowhere near perfect, and I’m a broken mess that needs fixing. But I promise you that I’m working on it. I promise you that I’m worth the wait. Just wait a little longer, and you’ll see that I can change for you.
4. What we had was so close to perfection that I sometimes still wonder if I dreamt it all up. We had something so wonderful that I cherish each moment that we had together. But now that things aren’t as great as they used to be, I can feel you slipping away. I may not be able to convince you to stay, but despite that, I’m happy the universe allowed your soul to stop by.
5. I need you like the earth needs the warmth of the sun. I need you like the stars need the darkness of the sky to shine bright. I need you the way every beautiful bloom thirsts for the rain. I need you more than you think, so please stay.
6. If you choose to go, there’s nothing I can do to stop you. But there are just a few things I need from you. I want you to forgive me for loving you so much that it felt like I was shackling you to my side. I want you to forgive me for all those times I frustrated you with how difficult I am. Lastly I want you to forgive me for thinking that loving you could never be a mistake.
7. If I could turn back time, I would go back to the first time I laid eyes on you and look away. I would go back to every moment when we could have met and walk in the opposite direction. I would re-do everything I had ever done with you and live a life that’s completely devoid of you. Why? Because if I had never met you, I wouldn’t know what it’s like to lose you. So if you’re not going to stay, then I wish you had never arrived.
8. Each step you take away from me feels like another crack in my already broken heart. Each day that I feel you slipping away feels like another stab to my chest. When you walked into my life, I felt like I had finally found the missing piece of my soul. I felt like I finally found the person who could complete me like no one else can. And knowing that you’re about to leave makes me think of all those times when I was broken and alone. And I don’t think I can bear to live a life knowing that I had found what was missing and yet I let it slip away. So please stay with me, because I don’t know how much longer I can hold on knowing that you’re about to walk away.
9. Sometimes I’m scared of you finding all the things I’ve ever written about you because you might think I’m insane. But at the same time, I want you to find all the things I’ve written because it might help you understand exactly how I feel about you. And when things are becoming shaky and you’re thinking of walking away, maybe my words would help you remember all the good times we had. Maybe my words will lead you back to me. Maybe my words will convince you that you should stay.
10. I used to loathe the idea of second chances. I always figured that if someone messes up the first time, why should you believe that they won’t mess up again. I used to think that giving someone a second chance was a sign of weakness because I’m too weak to let go of someone that would hurt me again. But when I met you, I realized that loving you was my second chance. I had loved and hurt before, and I’m giving myself another chance to love again. So now that things aren’t going so well for us, and you might have one foot out the door, I’m asking you this – maybe you and I deserve a second chance too.
In the end, you can’t force someone to stay. But when you give them a piece of your heart through a letter, then you can at least say you did what you could to try and convince them.