A special occasion calls for a special gift. As a way of showing your love for your son, why not include a heartfelt letter that will tell your son how much you truly love him?
Letters are something that we hardly ever write anymore given all the technology around us. However, it might just be the perfect sentimental gift to give your son when you want to express how proud you are of him.
Below are some short letters that might inspire you to write that letter to your beloved son.
1. My dearest son. As big and strong as you are now, there was a time in your life where you were so tiny and helpless. You came into this world a squalling little baby and your mother and I were so surprised that it’s possible to feel our hearts bursting at the seams with love for you. We did everything we could to make sure you were cared for, and now look at you. You’re a grown man who’s much bigger and stronger than I am. You have grown up to be such a fine young man that I can’t help but shed a tear because of how proud we are of you. While you may be an adult who’s venturing out into the world, in our eyes, you will always be our little bundle of joy. We love you so much!
2. You were born with bright, beautiful eyes and a curiosity for the world that was never satiated. Once you were a tiny little babe, and now we’ve started to notice so many things about you that we’re so proud of. We see that you are a generous young man, always willing to share with your siblings even if you leave none for yourself. You’re a kind friend who’s always willing to lend a helping hand to friends who are in need. You are a clever young man who absorbs knowledge like a sponge. You’re growing up so fast and so well that we can’t help but feel that when you’re older and independent, you will take the world by storm. You will be the kind and generous young man that we will be proud to call our son. We just want you to know that we love you more than anything in this world.
3. My son, I can see the tiredness in your eyes when you feel pressured to do the best you can. You’re now a real adult who has responsibilities. You work hard and do the best you can to become truly independent. As your parent, you might think I’ll tell you to work harder and to do more. Actually, I want you to remember the value of enjoyment. Working is great and all, but you should also set aside some time for yourself. Read some books, play some games, take part in some sports. Life is much too short to spend it all toiling and working. You should also be able to relax and unwind after a hard day of work. Grab a beer with your friends and foster lifelong connections. I believe in you and your ability to balance your life. And when you feel like life is throwing too much your way, know that I am always here to pick you up when you’re feeling down. My son, you bring everlasting joy into our lives, and I want you to find that joy in your life too.
4. Seeing you all grown up now brings back so many memories of all the many experiences we had together. Did you know that when you were a baby you could wake up the neighbors with your crying? We would scramble to make you calm down, and the only way to do that was if I rocked you to sleep. Remember your first day in school when you didn’t want to leave my side? If you hadn’t gone to your classroom, you wouldn’t have met your childhood best friend. On the day of your graduation, remember when I told you to take it easy and find the path that would lead you to happiness? I hope you always heed those words. I cherish each and every moment I had with you, whether I remember them or not. I will always hold on to those memories whenever I miss you. I love you, my son. I always have and I always will.
5. My son, you have grown up to be such a wonderful young man that I’m so proud of. Not a reunion goes by that I don’t tell all our relatives about your successes, your adventures, and the wisdom you have. I hope you’re out there having the time of your life. But I also hope that you’re being a responsible young man who takes care of his body, his mind, and his soul. I hope you foster friendships that you can count on when times are tough. I hope you set realistic goals and achieve them. I hope that you never stop striving for success. Success is moving target that we may never truly reach, but I hope that you still keep trying. My son, the pride in my heart grows each day as I learn more about your adventures. I hope you have many more!
6. My darling baby boy. I gave birth to you, but you came with no instructions. I was unsure about each step to take. But if there’s one thing I was sure of, it was that I loved you long before I saw you. I know that I have made many mistakes in the past as I was raising you. But I hope you understand that I was doing the best I could. Everything I did, I did for you. Now that you’re all grown up, I wish you the best that life has to offer. I hope you achieve your dreams and make new ones. I hope you meet a partner in life that will love you wholeheartedly the way you deserve to be loved. And most of all, I hope you remember that I will always be there for you whenever you need me. I will walk a thousand miles for you and climb the highest mountain just to make sure you’re okay. I love you!
7. To my son. I wish you the strength to face each challenge with confidence. I wish you all the wisdom to make wise decisions and to choose your battles carefully. I wish you a life of adventure, but I also hope that you take the time to stop and appreciate life each time you can. I hope you listen to your heart and take risks carefully. I hope you are prudent in your choice of company and I hope that you find friends that will always be there for you whenever we’re not there. Remember that in this chaotic world, one thing is constant – my love for you.
8. Dear son. I wrote this letter to tell you that I love you. But love is not simple, it’s rife with complex and intricate meanings that I hope I can express eloquently in this letter. I love you even in your lowest of lows. Even if you feel like you have disappointed us, our love for you doesn’t change at all. In fact, when you are feeling low, that’s when we love you more. And we hope that our love can help you get back up on your feet again. In moments of joy and elation, our love for your bursts forth because of how proud we are of you and your achievements. And as you embark on new adventures in your life, I hope you take our love with you to guide you and comfort you through all the challenges you face.
9. My dear son, when you were born, I wanted to make a successful man out of you. But it was you who made me a successful father. I may not have been the perfect dad. There were time when you feel like I put my work ahead of you, but I want you to know that I did this to be a good provider for the family. And now that I am old and you’re just starting your own journey through life, I hope you take the lessons I have taught you along the way. Be a better man than me, be a better father. Don’t repeat my mistakes, but do repeat the times when I made you proud that I am your father. In this life, challenges come unexpectedly, but I am confident in your ability to face them all with grace and wisdom.
10. All the love and effort that we have put into raising you has more than paid off. Today, we are the proud parents of a fine young man – an educated and successful one. Each thing you do brings us so much pride and happiness. And while we wish that there was a way to keep you at home with us so that we could coddle you the way we did when you were a young boy, I understand that you have adventures to go on and dreams to fulfill. May you fulfill each and every dream you have, and may you be as successful as you want to be. You will always be our little boy, the darling of our home, and we will always be your loving parents – the ones who will always be here for you no matter where life takes you.
Tell your son how proud you are of him, and say it in a letter. We hope you find the perfect letter that perfectly captures how much you love your son!