A husky is one of the best dogs for an active lifestyle. If you love to run or hike, a husky will quickly become your best friend. At the same time, a husky is the worst dog if you live a sedentary lifestyle. Husky owners joke about their dog eating the couch or destroying things when they become bored, and this is the truth. A husky is a smart dog that gets bored easily. He needs plenty of play time and space to run, or he will find a less ideal way to spend his time.
If you have a male husky, one of your first tasks is to find the perfect name for him. These huskies were brought from the north and were once a sled dog. Because of this, many of the best names related to the cold or from their native land. To get you started on naming your husky, we have compiled a list of 100 male husky dog names that you can choose.
1. Fargo: While huskies are not actually from Fargo, the cold makes you think of a husky.
2. Balto: This is my favorite name for a husky because Balto was the lead dog (for part of the journey) on a trip that brought medicine to sick children in Alaska. Disney even made a movie about him.
3. Luna: Luna is another word for the moon, which conjures up an image of a dog howling.
4. Rocky: This is a cute name.
5. Blaze: This sounds like an awesome name for a male husky.
6. Jet: This is a strong name for a dog.
7. Winter: Considering their love of the snow, this seems like the perfect male husky dog name.
8. Siberia: There is a type of husky known as a Siberian husky, so this is an obvious name choice.
9. Trapper: This is a strong name for a husky.
10. Boomer: Huskies are known for being talkative, so this could relate to his booming noise.
11. Fang: This name comes from the name of Hagrid’s dog in the Harry Potter series.
12. Nitro: This just sounds cool.
13. Outlaw: Your husky can certainly seem like an outlaw when he gets himself into trouble.
14. Thunder: This is another option that just sounds cool.
15. Avalanche: If your husky is white, it will certainly look like an avalanche when it dashes down a hill!
16. Juneau: Many huskies come from Alaska, so Alaska-based names make sense.
17. Wrangler: This is a fun-sounding name.
18. Saber: Technically, the saber-tooth tiger is a feline, but who’s paying attention to that?
19. Rebel: Use this name for your little rebel.
20. Ranger: Huskies love to wander and “range” around, so this name makes sense.
21. Major: For the boss dog.
22. Dakota: This sounds like a cool name.
23. Wolf: This is a great option for a husky that looks like a wolf.
24. Blizzard: Use this name for your little blizzard.
25. Havoc: When left to his own devices, your husky can certainly wreak havoc!
26. Maverick: Use this for a dog who likes to chart his own course in life.
27. Sable: This is a pretty nae.
28. Grizzly: Apparently, huskies can run off polar bears, although I wouldn’t count
on them running off a grizzly.
29. Scout: This is the perfect name for a dog who seems to constantly wander away to scout out new territory.
30. Zeus: The perfect name for the king of the dogs.
31. Magnum: This is a strong-sounding name for a male husky.
32. Kenai: This is actually the name of a city in Alaska.
33. Aspen: This is a pretty name.
34. America: Some huskies are native to the Americas, so this is a fairly obvious naming choice.
35. Storm: This sounds cool and would be a great name for a black or gray husky.
36. Mako: This is an adorable option.
37. Thor: This comes from a Norse god’s name.
38. Hunter: Use this for a husky who seems to always be hunting for something and wandering around.
39. Bear: This is just an adorable name.
40. Wrangler: Cute!
41. Apache: This is a fun name for a dog.
42. Houdini: Huskies are known as the houdinis of dogs because they can escape from anywhere.
43. Walker: Use this for a husky who really loves his walks.
44. Togo: This was the name of a famous sled dog in Alaska. He was one of the lead dogs on Balto’s team.
45. Legend: Because your husky is a legend, of course!
46. Jack: This is always a fun name.
47. Ice: Anything related to the cold weather works great as a husky name.
48. Cheyenne: This sounds like it would be better for a female husky than a male.
49. Rain: Ironically, most huskies (at least, my husky) hate rain.
50. Alpine: This conjures up images of evergreens and snow.
51. Frosty: This is an adorable name for a husky.
52. Sky: This sounds like an awesome name.
53. River: This could work for a male or female dog.
54. Bandit: When left to his own devices, a husky can certainly seem like a little bandit.
55. Tundra: This sounds like a beautiful name.
56. Ghost: This was the name of Jon Snow’s direwolf.
57. Atlas: Because your husky controls your world.
58. Banshee: Use this male husky dog name if your husky has a tendency to scream and howl like a banshee.
59. Akira: This would be a great name for a male or female husky.
60. Genesis: This is the name for a husky that is the start of every problem and disaster.
61. Fritz: This is just a cute name for a dog.
62. Yukon: This sounds like a good name for a husky.
63. Summer: This was the name of the direwolf owned by Bran Stark in the Game of Thrones.
64. Malakai: This is a fun option.
65. Mischa: This is a Russian-inspired name that is great for a husky.
66. Mika: This name works well for a male or female husky.
67. Elke: This name just sounds awesome.
68. Espirit: This is a good name for a dog that is full of spirit and energy.
69. Fable: Because he is the dog that fables and legends are based on.
70. Echo: Huskies are known for howling, so they certainly can make an echo!
71. Grey Wind: This was the name of Rob Stark’s dog in the Game of Thrones series.
72. Blue: This would be an ironic name for a red-haired husky.
73. Comet: This is just cute.
74. Moose: Use this if your dog is built like a moose.
75. Jericho: This is an adorable option.
76. Smoky: This is a cute name for a black or gray husky.
77. Nymeria: This is the name of the dog that was owned by Arya Stark in the Game of Thrones series.
78. Orion: This is also the name of a famous constellation and character in Greek mythology.
79. Chinook: Native American inspired names are great choices for huskies.
80. Max: This is a simple name for a dog.
81. Alpha: This is a great name for a lead dog.
82. Igloo: Cute!
83. Demon: This is the name for a husky who always gets into trouble.
84. Glacier: This nae makes sense because glaciers are found in cold places like huskies are.
85. Alaska: This is an obvious choice for a husky.
86. Baron: This is the title of a low-ranking nobleman.
87. Maverick: This is a wonderful dog for a husky who likes to chart his own course in life.
88. Arctic: This is always a good choice for an arctic dog.
89. Kremlin: This is a place in Russia and comes from a word that means fortress.
90. Frontier: This is a perfect choice for your frontier dog.
91. Kazu: This is short for the word Kazuki, which is said to mean peaceful.
92. Granite: This is a great name for a husky that is granite in color.
93. Laika: Laika was a husky who was the first dog in space.
94. Nomad: This makes sense for a make husky who loves to wander.
95. Midnight: This is a nae for a black husky.
96. Silver: This is a great name for a silver dog.
97. North Star: This is an adorable option.
98. Quake: This is the name for a dog who can never keep still.
99. Sheba: This is one of the sweetest male husky dog names.
100. Sierra: This name comes from a mountain range.