If you have ever watched one of the newlywed shows on television, you will enjoy playing this game. Basically, married couples are each asked questions about each other. You only score points if you are able to answer the question about your spouse and your spouse later confirms that the answer is true. Since this is not an actual game show, most couples use pieces of paper so that they can write their answer down.
Obviously, you will need some questions to start out with if you want to play this game. To help you out, we have compiled a list of 150 best newlywed game questions. Seventy-five of these questions are targeted for the wife, while another 75 are for the husband. Many of these questions could be used by either spouse though, so you can always blend the lists together if you need to. Ready? Set, Go!
75 Best Newlywed Game Questions to Ask Your Wife
The first list of the best newlywed game questions is for your wife. If you are playing with multiple couples, you can ask all of the wives this question at once—just make sure that the guys have recorded their answers before the wives get a chance to answer.
1. If your husband could have any amazing superhero ability, what would he choose to have? (invisibility, ability to fly, super strength, etc.)
2. How many dates did you two go on together before you had your first kiss?
3. What celebrity did your husband look the most like on your first date? (You can also modify this one to say what celebrity does your husband look the most like now.)
4. What is your husband’s favorite color of tie to wear?
5. Out of all of your friends, which one do you think that your husband finds the most attractive? (Eek! Be careful, fellas—this can be a dangerous question to answer!)
6. Who was the last woman that your husband ever dated or went out with before you two ended up getting married?
7. Imagine that your husband walks through your front door with a dozen roses and a huge smile on his face. Why do you think he did this? Would assume that he just wants to show his love for you, wanted to apologize for something, felt guilt about a secret affair or got a raise at his job?
8. Out of all of your husband’s friends, which one do you think is the most attractive?
9. Which monthly expenses make your husband complain the most: telephone bills, food, electricity, clothes or gas?
10. When you two got married, who was it that caught your bouquet?
11. What was the room number that you stayed in when you went on your honeymoon together?
12. How would you finish this sentence: I wish that my husband would stop ____?
13. What do you have to do everyday to make sure that you stay healthy?
14. What adjectives would you use to describe your first kiss with your husband?
15. What size of shoe does your husband wear?
16. What type of advice would your husband give his closest friend if his friend decided to get married tomorrow?
17. What was one of your husband’s biggest dreams that he wanted to do before you got married?
18. Where did you go with your husband on your first official date?
19. What color does your husband think looks best on you?
20. Where does your husband like to go or what does he like to do on a night out with his guy friends?
21. What was the last topic that you argued about with your husband?
22. If your husband was single again—perhaps in a parallel universe–, how long do you think he would stay single for: one minute, one year, one month or one day?
23. What bill or expenses do you hide from your husband?
24. When was the last time that your husband ever bought you flowers?
25. What was the last secret that you told your husband?
26. What is your husband’s favorite color?
27. How much cash is in your husband’s wallet right now?
28. Who is the better cook in your relationship?
29. What does your husband prefer the most: wine, music or women?
30. Which comic book character is your husband’s favorite: Batman, Superman or Charlie Brown?
31. What is your husband’s favorite comfort food to eat?
32. Which piece of clothing does your husband wear all the time that you cannot stand at all?
33. What size of hat would you buy your husband for a gift?
34. What type of car would your husband buy if he could afford any car in the world?
35. Out of all of the gifts that you were given at your wedding, which one did your husband hate the most?
36. If your husband was given a day off to spend however he liked and you were busy, what would he do?
37. If you had to choose, would you say that your husband is more, less or just as romantic as he was in the first month after you were married to each other?
38. Who takes the longest to get ready in the morning at your house?
39. When your husband was a child, what did he want to become when he grew up?
40. What was the name and type of pet that your husband had as a child?
41. Which type of food is your husbands favorite to snack on late at night?
42. What was the last secret that you told to your husband?
43. How many children would your husband like to have if he had the money and you were willing?
44. If your husband could switch jobs with any one of his friends, which friend’s job would he choose to have?
45. If he was allowed to choose on his own, what would your husband name your son?
46. What is your husband’s favorite thing to do when he has a lot of free time?
47. If we were to open your husband’s wallet, would there be a picture of you in there?
48. If your husband could eat any famous person who has ever lived, who would he choose to meet?
49. Which singer or band is your husband’s favorite?
50. Out of everything he owns, which one of your husband’s possessions does he treasure the most?
51. How does your husband like to eat his eggs?
52. Which one of your husband’s habits annoys you the most?
53. If your husband had to choose, which movie star would he say that he is the most like: Jack Nicholson, Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise?
54. What type of car was the first one that your husband ever owned?
55. Who does your husband think is the most intelligent person that he knows?
56. What is the weirdest or oddest gift that your husband has ever given you?
57. If your husband could take a slow cruise to China, but could only bring (not you), who would he choose to take along with him?
58. What is the one thing your husband would say that he likes the least about being married?
59. If your husband had to be alone at home one night, what would he make to eat for dinner?
60. What is your husband’s favorite fruit?
61. What would your husband say is the most memorable thing that has ever happened when you had guests over at your home?
62. What color is the toothbrush that your husband uses?
63. What would your husband say is your favorite food?
64. What was the last thing that you criticized about your husband?
65. How would you react if your husband hired an extremely beautiful secretary?
66. What is the thing that your husband is most afraid of?
67. What would your husband say is the strangest item that he has ever found at his work?
68. If your husband had to cook you dinner tonight, what would he make?
69. What is your husband’s blood type?
70. If your husband came home from work to eat lunch, what would he want to eat?
71. What would be the first thing that you would do if your husband was away for a business trip?
72. If you were cleaning your home right now, which room would your husband think that you would start with?
73. When did your husband first realize that he was in love with you?
74. What is your husband’s favorite thing to eat for desert?
75. Do you have any secrets that you have never shared with your husband?
75 Best Newlywed Game Questions to Ask Your Husband
Now, it’s time to turn the tables and see just how much husband’s know about their wives with these 75 questions. You can always modify these questions so that they actually work for everyone in your group, and you can mix and match them as you need to. As before, make sure that wives have written down the answers that they think their husbands will choose before they start to play.
1. What is the color of your wife’s eyes?
2. Which traffic sign would best describe how your wife feels or acts on a bad day?
3. If your wife could choose any of these cities to live in, where would she choose: San Francisco, Rome or Paris?
4. Who was the last man that your wife dated before she began dating you?
5. If your wife had $10 to spend right now, what would she buy?
6. What color of nightgown or lingerie was your wife wearing on your wedding night?
7. Which one of your habits does your wife wish you would stop doing?
8. What is your wife’s favorite snack to have at night?
9. What color sheets are currently on your bed?
10. What was the last television show or movie that you watched with your wife?
11. Which dish would your wife think is your favorite?
12. Where did you and your wife have your first kiss together?
13. How does your wife think you are when you wake up in the morning: grumpy, happy or aggressive?
14. What is the strangest piece of clothing that your wife owns?
15. What was the silliest or goofiest thing your wife has ever done?
16. If you had to buy your wife a wig, what color would it be?
17. Where did you first meet your wife?
18. Who was the first person that broached the topic of marriage in your relationship?
19. What color outfit was your wife wearing on your first date?
20. What color is your wife’s toothbrush?
21. How many pairs of shoes does your wife own?
22. What does your wife say was the best vacation that you ever took together?
23. What was the first most important thing that your wife shared with you about herself?
24. What would your wife say was the last thing that you both laughed at?
25. What size of dress does your wife wear?
26. What was the name of the last book that your wife read ?
27. How would your wife describe your first kiss together?
28. When you are in public, does your wife think that she is more likely to be mistaken for your mother or daughter?
29. When it comes to body language, does your wife communicate best with her mouth, hands or eyes?
30. What is your wife’s favorite nickname to call you when you are together?
31. How long has your wife’s parents been together?
32. If your wife could describe your honeymoon in two words, what would she say?
33. Where would your wife say that you had your first date together?
34. Who is your wife’s favorite actor?
35. Who is her favorite comedian?
36. What was the first present that your wife gave you?
37. How many people attended your wedding?
38. What “secret” would your wife say that you recently learned about women?
39. Which game would your wife say that she is better at than you?
40. What is your wife’s favorite flower?
41. What was the last thing that you did that made your wife give you “the look”?
42. What is your wife’s favorite salad dressing?
43. Would you wife agree or disagree with the theory that size matters?
44. Which of your wife’s friends is the biggest gossip?
45. What would your wife say is her least flattering profile: from the side, the back or the front?
46. Where do you think your wife would use a handful of itching powder?
47. What is the oddest thing in your wife’s purse?
48. What was your wife’s favorite gift to receive for Christmas last year?
49. Which movie star would your wife want to play her in a movie?
50. What would your wife say is your favorite way to have a potato prepared?
51. What was your wife’s biggest pet peeve about other guys that she dated?
52. What could your wife give up the easiest for a month: sex, television or coffee?
53. What one word would you use to describe the girlfriend you had before your wife?
54. What size of ring does your wife wear?
55. How would your wife say you were like when you were first dating: a stuffed teddy bear or a tiger?
56. Out of everyone at your wedding, who would your wife say drank too much?
57. If your wife could throw away just one of your things, what would she choose?
58. If love were a sport, which penalty would your wife say is most likely to be call on: rushing, illegal use of hands or motion in the backfield?
59. What is one thing that your wife has too much of?
60. What is the name of your wife’s favorite album?
61. What were the names of the last three boyfriends that your wife had before she dated you?
62. If your wife was given $1,000 to spend on your house, what would she buy first?
63. When is your mother-in-law’s birthday?
64. Name one thing that your wife lost that you wish she had not lost?
65. If you had a chance to send your mother-in-law on any trip, where would you send her and for how long?
66. Which part of your wife say is her favorite?
67. How old was your wife when she received her first marriage proposal?
68. When was the last time that you bought flowers for your wife?
69. What was the name of the elementary school that your wife went to?
70. What secret pet name does your wife have for you?
71. What clothing item would you like to remove from your wife’s closet?
72. Where is the oddest place that you shared a kiss with your wife?
73. Where is your wife’s favorite place to go on vacation at?
74. What photo of you is the funniest, according to your wife?
75. When it comes to your romance, what do you think your wife likes the most, according to her: being completely in control, being completely out of control or being completely controlled by you?
While most people will never get to play the Newlywed Game on television, that does not mean that you cannot have the same fun from the comfort of your home. Call a few couples to stop by your house, set out the chips and snacks and get ready to play. To make it easier, you may want to print out some of the questions on this list that you want to use. If we missed any of your favorite questions, make sure to add it in the comment section so that other players can check it out.