Amelia is such a pretty name. Originally, this name was the Germanic name, Amalia. That name comes from the word, amal, which meant work. It was considered a name denoting fertility and industriousness. Amelia is the English version of the name. To find out nicknames for Amelia, read on.
1. Emily: This sounds like the name Amelia, which makes it an easy nickname.
2. Lia: Lia is such a pretty sounding name.
3. Amy: This is a fairly obvious option as a nickname for Amelia.
4. Melia: Cute!
5. Milly: Milly sounds adorable. You could also spell it as Millie.
6. Emma: For some reason, this is included as a nickname for Amelia.
7. Mel: This is an easy choice.
8. Aims: Fun!
9. Mimi: This sounds like a nickname a toddler could use because they cannot pronounce the whole name properly.
10. Amy: Amy is one of the most popular nicknames for Amelia, but it is also probably one of the most boring.
11. Mila: This sounds so exotic—your friend Amelia is sure to love this nickname.
12. Melly: You could also spell this as Mellie. If you want an even cuter nickname, call her Melly Belly.
13. Lili: Lili is an easy to say option that is great for children who can’t say Amelia quite yet.