Anthony is a name that originally comes from Latin. In it’s original language, Anthony was said to mean highly praiseworthy. As a common name for saints, this name has been used in a variety of different languages. If you need nicknames for Anthony, we can help you out.
1. Tony: This is by far the most common nickname for Anthony. Even better, it spells “Y Not?” when you read it backwards.
2. Ant: This is an obvious option, though your friend Anthony probably will not like being called Ant.
3. Twan: This nickname sounds like it came from the Far East.
4. Nino: This also means baby in Spanish, which makes it a fun option for a little boy name Anthony.
5. Antin: This sounds cute.
6. Anton: This is a fairly obvious option, but it works.
7. Antoney: This is spelled differently to show you how to pronounce this.
8. Antoine: This nickname for Anthony sounds fairly European.
9. Antonius: This sounds like the name of a Roman gladiator or a former emperor of Rome.
10. Tone: This is an easy option.
11. Tone-Tone: For some reason, doubling a sound makes it sound more like a nickname.