Charles is an Old German name. Originally, this name meant free man. If you or someone you know is named Charles, there are a number of nicknames for Charles that you can use. To help you start the brainstorming process, we have compiled a list of some of the most popular nicknames.
1. Chuck: This is an obvious option, but it is definitely not my favorite on this list.
2. Charlton: This sounds fancy.
3. Huck:: This is far better than the nickname Chuck.
4. Chaas or Chaz: Both of these are cool nicknames for Charles.
5. Charlie: Another obvious option.
6. Harley:: This is an absolutely adorable option for the name Charles.
7. Charlot: This is actually supposed to be an earlier version of the name Charlotte.
8. Charleson: Cute.
9. Cale: This is the Hawaiian version of Charles.
10. Chip: This sounds like a fun nickname for Charles if the guy is a child or toddler.
11. Chucky: Honestly, I dislike this nickname for Charles, although it does work well with the restaurant, Chucky Cheese.
12. Arlo: This nickname is because of the middle letters of chARLes.
13. Carlo:: This is the Italian version of Charles.
14. Chase:: It doesn’t quite sound the same, but it is still pretty cute.