Long ago, ancient man prayer before going into battle. In modern times, our most common “battles” are on the sports fields. Before a major event, this modern prayers before game can be used. You can ask for God’s blessing as you prepare to play. There are also prayer options for coaches, fans and family members to use before the game. You can also write these prayers out on a note card so that you can easily read the before the game with all of your teammates.
1. As I compete today, may your love shine out from my heart. My your strength support me as I push myself to be the best that I can be. I know that I can accomplish anything when I am blessed by your wisdom and strength. May I have all of the endurance, talent and strength that I need to fulfill my potential. I worship you, Lord, and ask that you hear my prayer. I surrender today and always to your will. May everything that I do today be for your greater glory. Amen.
2. Dear Lord, may everything that I am always be a prayer to your glory. May I race with all of my endurance, strength and courage as the game starts today. I ask that you help me fulfill my true potential today. Amen.
3. O heavenly Father, thank you for all of the blessings and gifts that you have given our team. Help us to start this event with a heart full of your love, strength and wisdom. We turn to you in worship and awe. May we put into practice today everything that we have learned during our training. We pray that you bring to the forefront of our minds all of the preparation, skills and planning that we have done. May each one of us be filled with your blessings and know your goodness in our lives. May your goodness pour out of us today as we wear witness to your unending grace. Lord, you are our greatest teacher, inspiration and protector. We trust in you today and for always. Amen.
4. Father in Heaven, Thank you for the privilege of allowing me to train this team. Thank you for making each player a part of this team, and I thank you for all of the skills that you have given them. As they go out to compete today, I ask that you watch over them and guide them. Protect my team from injuries and fill them with your strength. Give them the courage they need to do their best. Amen.
5. As we go out on the field today, we ask you for your protection and strength. May your everlasting love go with us today and for always. May we do your will in everything that we do. Through your infinite light, may we brighten the world around us and inspire everyone we encounter. May we always grow closer to you. Amen.
6. Heavenly Father, we ask that your spirit and blessings accompany us today. May you guide our hands and hearts as we try to do our best on the field. May all of our skills and training be put into the practice as we head out to the game. Today and for always, may we be examples of your love on earth. Guide us and keep us in your love. Amen.
7. O Lord, I have watched my team grow and change over the weeks and months. They have dedicated their time to working hard and learning new skills. You have blessed them with talent, courage and dedication. Today, I ask that you continue to bless my team. Thank you for giving me the blessing of training them and knowing them. May this team be guided by your strength so that they have the courage to do their best on the field. May all of their talent and training be used in this game. May you keep them free of injuries and guide them during this day. Amen.
8. Heavenly Father, our team thanks you for bringing us together. Through your power, we have been able to grow as a team. As we learn new talents and skills, we turn to you for guidance and strength. In today’s game, we ask that you continue to bless us. Let everything we do today be according to your will. We ask for your strength so that we may have courage as we face down the other team. Amen.
9. If it is your will, Lord, we ask that we may have a victory in the game today. Let this game help us to grow as players as we try to put our training into action. Thank you for allowing us to gather and train as a team. Through your power, guide us in all that we do. Give us the courage and inspiration that we need to do our best. Thank you for all of the blessings that you have given us and all of the blessings that are yet to come. Amen.
10. As we prepare for the game, we offer you this prayer of thanksgiving. Thank you for helping us to grow in spirit, inspiration and talent. You have blessed us and given us strength as a team. As we start the game, we ask that you continue to guide us so that we may do your will in everything. We ask this in the name of our lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.