When you have a sick dog, it seems impossible to focus on anything else. A dog is one of the most loyal, faithful companions that someone can have. The only thing it wants is to be with its owner and to be loved. When a dog is sick, it can be extremely stressful. You want to heal your dog and to protect it from all harm, but you are unable to just remove the sickness. When your dog is beset by illnesses, these prayers for a sick dog can help. Through these prayers, you can ask for God’s mercy and strength as you face the path ahead.
1. O Lord, we thank you for all of the joy that you have given us through our wonderful dog, _____. He/she has always been an example of gentleness and goodness. Now, we are depressed and upset to see our loving dog so ill. Our most faithful companion is now struggling to live, and we are distraught by his/her suffering. We trust in you and ask that you heal our sick dog. If it is your will to take his/her spirit, we ask that you free him/her from pain and suffering. May your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.
2. Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with such a wonderful dog. Through the good times and the bad, he/she has always brought me happiness, joy and companionship. I pray that you will walk beside him/her during this time and bring him/her healing. Reward my dog for being such a loyal, loving part of my family. If it is your will to take my dog, I ask that you take away his/her pain so that he/she will not suffer. Bring your love and kindness to my dog. Please be with us, Lord. I love him/her so much, and I place all of my fears at your feet. Amen.
3. Our dog is such an important part of our family. It hurts us to no end to see him/her in pain and suffering. Your love knows no boundaries and every light is precious in your eyes. We ask that you will bring our sick dog healing. We know that you heal the sick, care for the poor and defend those who are vulnerable. Please protect our dog from all suffering and bring him/her peace during this sickness. We pray that you will bring all of us to your peaceful kingdom where all of your creatures will one day live in harmony and joy. Amen.
4. Heavenly Father, we turn to you in our time of need. You have made us the stewards of our dog, and we ask that you help us to bring him/her healing. Please restore him/her to health and protect him/her from all suffering. You have said that we are judged by how we treat the least of your creatures, so we ask that you heal our dog and help us to care for him/her in his/her time of need. Amen.
5. God of strength and healing, please comfort our pet during his/her illness. Bring our sick dog your strength and comfort. Ease any fears or pains that he/she may have and help the vet to care for him/her better. We ask that you will help our dog to recover and comfort us so that we may take better care for him/her. Guide us in making the right decisions for our beloved dog. Amen.
6. Lord Jesus Christ, you are our savior and the source of infinite compassion. Through your love, heal our dog from all sickness and affliction. Please grant us acceptance and patience so that we may follow your divine plan in all need. We pray that you will comfort our pet and help him/her in his/her time of need. Through Jesus’s name, we pray. Amen.
7. Heavenly Father, you are the physician of all creatures on this earth. You heal our ailments and deliver our spirits from death. We trust in your divine plan for all things. We ask that you heal our pet and release him/her from pain. Please restore our sick dog to health and vigor. We treasure our dog and want him/her to feel joy and love again. Please hear our prayers and protect our pet from suffering. Amen.
8. Merciful Lord, we ask that you bring your gentle hand down on our pet and keep him/her in your comfort. We pray for your healing power. Deliver our pet from all symptoms of illness and treat the underlying cause. We ask that you guide the veterinarian as he/she begins his/her work so that our pet may find comfort and be free from suffering. We ask that you heal our beloved dog and grant us the wisdom we need to make the right choices. Give us compassion so that we may comfort our sweet pet. Amen.
9. We know that everything is a part of your plan on earth, Lord, but it pains us greatly to see our beloved pet suffer. He/she has been a faithful companion and filled our lives with love and joy. In his/her illness, we are distraught. We try to comfort him/her, but it seems like nothing we do can ever help. All we can do is turn to you for strength and compassion. We place his/her life in your hands and ask that your will be done. If our pet must remain ill according to your plan, we pray that you will protect him/her from all suffering. Amen.
10. We turn to you, Lord, to ask for your mercy. Over the years, our blessed dog has brought our family more joy and happiness than we ever deserved. It pains us greatly to see him/her in such pain and suffering. If it is your plan, heal our dog from his/her illness. If it is your will to take our dog from this earth, we ask that his/her death will be swift and painless. Help us to bring our dog comfort and peace during this time. Amen.