When your heart and mind are in turmoil, it can be difficult to achieve a state of calm. These prayers for calm can help you to quiet your mind and pray for God’s guidance. The first prayer is the famous Serenity Prayer, but the other prayers on this list are also ideal for praying for wisdom, calmness and peace. You can use these prayers for calm whenever you struggle with your emotions or suffer from too many obstacles in your daily life.
1. Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen.
2. Holy Spirit, encircle me with your love and compassion. Help me to feel secure in your truth and in your presence. When I am beset by worries, guide my thoughts so that I may feel calm. Ease my tensions so that my fears can be released. Steady all of my emotions and guide my feelings. May I never be overcome by anger, frustration or sadness. Through you, my soul is sustained. You present me with a vision of the future and everlasting life. Even when my life is filled with difficulties, I know that every burden is worthwhile because it brings me closer to you. I need you to help me carry this burden. I know that you never give someone a burden greater than they can bear, so guide me as I try to remain calm and follow your path in life. Amen.
3. Heavenly Father, I pray for you to give me wisdom. There are things that I do not understand and cannot figure out. I ask that you guide me and help me discover the answers that I am searching for. I lay all of my anxieties and fears at your feet. I know that you have given me the answers that I seek, but I must remain calm to see your wisdom and path for me. Help to calm my mind so that I can see your path in life and follow it. Remind me that I have nothing to fear because I am yours. Fill my unsettled spirit with your hope, calmness and love. Amen.
4. My mind prowls ceaselessly as it tries to process the anger I feel. I know that I should find your love in all people, but I am too enraged to do this. Help to calm my anger, remove my resentment and take away my desire for revenge. I know that you want a better path for me in life, and I want to be free of these harmful feelings. In Matthew, Jesus said that the commandment about not killing was not enough. Even acting in anger against someone was also against your teachings. With this in mind, I ask you to release me from the anger and help me to be calm. Help my heart to understand your risen love, your hope and peace. Most of all, help me to forgive. Amen.
5. Lord, I pray that you will take my confused mind and calm it. Cast away all of my unnecessary thoughts and desires. In place of any negativity, fill me with your love and confidence. Help me to remove the anxiety and doubt in my mind. Calm my pounding heart and overwrought mind so that I can feel your peace. Help me to understand that there are things that I cannot change. Allow me to feel a greater faith in you as I seek your wisdom and guidance. Amen.
6. Father, I ask that you take away my worries and doubts. Help me to persevere toward the right path in life. When I feel stressed or upset, bring me a calm outlook so that I can see the truth in everything. Help me to forget the pains of yesterday so that I can follow you in life. I pray that you will give me strength and a calm mind as I start each day. Amen.
7. Lord, help me heal my shattered heart and bruised ego. Fill my soul with your love and faith. I do not want to spend my life feeling lonely and exhausted. Instead, please take my emptiness and fill it with your truth. Help me to remember that the promises you have in store for me are worth every struggle that I have in life. Amen.
8. Heavenly Father, I want to feel hope and joy in this world. Instead, I feel like I am constantly beset by troubles. Worries and anxieties plague my mind. Help to calm my mind so that I can feel your presence. Guide my thoughts so that I feel happy as I follow you. When the way ahead is troubled or difficult, help me to find the right thing to do. I know your love for me is greater than anything that I can imagine, so I seek to always follow your path. Help to calm my mind so that I can do your bidding in everything. Amen.