Everyone wants to live a happy, peaceful existence. Sometimes, life seems to get in the way of this goal. While you work toward fulfilling your responsibilities and living out your dreams, it seems like obstacles are constantly tossed in your way. At some point, you realize that happiness is a perspective and not a situation. You can choose to be happy in any situation and look toward the problem.
Even when you realize that happiness is a choice, actually following through on that realization is hard. Luckily, we have 10 prayers for happiness that can help you change your perspective. These prayers can serve as a reminder for everything that you have to be thankful for. Through these prayers for happiness, you can ask God to inspire you and to uplift your spirits when you are down. When you remember his love and promise of everlasting life, even the most difficult challenges suddenly seem much easier to bear.
These prayers for happiness are not in any particular order. They can be used to thank God for your happiness or to ask for his blessings. Some of these prayers for happiness can also help you ask God to guide your mind and to give you a happier outlook on life. God never gives us a burden that we cannot bear, so we merely have to turn to him for strength when we find the obstacle ahead to be difficult.
1. O Father, please help me to find rest within your happiness. Make my smile linger upon my lips as I think back to an amazing memory of a sunlit place. Help me to awaken each morning with hope for everything that the world has to offer. Guide me so that I can discover life in all of its infinite varieties. Help me to discover the joy in each day and the beauty of your creation. As I go through each day, help me to touch each soul I encounter and be thankful for every person in my life. Amen.
2. Heavenly Father, help me to sing out my faith and trust in you. Help me to carry your truth with me within my heart and to rejoice within a new life. As I age, bring me peace and serenity. Help me to remember the importance of love and to indulge in it. As I grow, help me understand the kindness of friendship, the wonder of intimacy and the warmth of a loving embrace. Guide me so that I do not miss out on a single drop of heaven and can drink in the joy of everlasting life. Amen.
3. Thank you, Lord, for all of your blessings in my life. Thank you for surrounding me with wonderful friends, family members and neighbors. Thank you for giving us the gift of your beautiful world and all the skies, mountains and lakes. Thank you for the thrill of celebrations and the enrichment of music. Thank you for all of the animals and creatures that you made. Thank you for giving us the promise of eternity and everlasting life. When I am down or depressed, please remind me of all of the many reasons why I should be thankful and guide my spirit toward your happiness.
4. O Father in heaven, I ask that you gladden and refresh my spirit. Purify my heart and mind so that I may be at one with you. Even when I am beset by troubles and despair, guide me toward your light and be my refuge. Through you, I no longer feel sorrow or grief. In your love, I can rejoice in everlasting happiness and joy. I will place my anxieties at your feet in the knowledge that you gave me each struggle so that I may triumph and learn. You are more of a friend to me than I am to myself.
5. Lord, I ask that you lead me to peace and happiness. Lead me away from hate and toward love. From war, give me peace. Lead me from death to eternal life. When I suffer despair and fear, lead me to hope and trust. Lead me away from falsehood and toward your truth. Allow peace to fill my heart, my life and my world. Amen.
6. There are times, O Lord, when I feel a deep sense of unrest. Trials and tribulations beset me, and I do not know where to turn. I cannot see the reason why suffering must exist, but I trust in your plan. I pray that you will guide me in all ways and help me to make the best of the situation. Help me to find happiness in the small things. I pray that you bring me the peace and joy that I seek in life. Amen.
7. Heavenly Father, I pray that you guide me and strengthen me as I carry my heavy load. My burden weighs down my heart, and I doubt at times if I can bear it. When I am upset or anxious, bring me strength and calmness. I feel comforted in the strength of your love. Bring me peace in my time of need and help me to find happiness in every day. Amen.
8. Lord Jesus, help me to understand that all things are possible in you. Even when things seem difficult, your strength can carry me through. Help me to always be faithful to you and to live in your example. You are my fortress and the rock I turn to in my time of need. Whenever I feel despair or overwhelmed, bring me happiness. Help me to see the good in every day and in every person that I meet.
9. O Lord, you are my hope when times are rough. When I encounter heavy burdens, you lift me up and give me reason to hope for the future. Through you, my heart becomes filled with joy. I have faith that everything that happens is a part of your plan. While I struggle under my burden, I know that you are there to support me and guide me through everything that happens. No matter what happens during this day, I know that your everlasting joy will await me. Even when I struggle and face obstacles, I will feel happy knowing that I am doing your bidding. Please bless me and help me to grow in my knowledge of you. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
10. You are the light that drowns out all darkness. You are the refuge I turn to when I feel hopeless. When I am overcome by difficulties, you are the fortress that guides me and protects me. May you light my way and guide me during the day. May each step I take be always along your path for me. I pray that you bring me happiness and joy in my life as I work toward fulfilling your plans for me. May my joy light up the world and bring happiness to others so that they may see the good that you do and give glory to you. Through your mercy, keep me free from sin and guide me through all adversity. Amen.