You have spent months searching for a job. While you occasionally get an interview or a call back, it seems like each job opening falls through. Searching for a job can be stressful and can lead you to the brink of despair. As your financial situation weakens, all you can do is put your faith in God and turn to him for guidance. The following prayers for job opportunity can help you ask for God’s blessing as you continue your job search.
These prayers for job opportunity are written in a variety of styles. There are prayers for finding a new post and prayers for having a positive outcome after an interview. Other prayers focus on getting a job offer or being successful as you start a new position. You can select the prayers for job opportunity that work best for you and modify them to suit your own situation. Through these prayers, you can ask God for success, strength and joy in your life and job search.
1. O Heavenly Father, you are the great author of my life. You have given me a wonderful family, my education and all of my blessings. Over my lifetime, you have guided me and shaped me into who I am. I dedicate the next chapter of my life to you and ask for your guidance as I begin it. I pray that you will open up new opportunities and job offers for me. Help me to expand my mind and heart as I work to find success in the world. When I am met with a closed door, I pray that you will help me to find a window instead. Help me to feel hopeful and confident as I begin job interviews at new workplaces. Through it all, I will carry your truth, love and hope with me. May everyone around me feel your glory through my words and actions. Amen.
2. Father, I lay before you my hopes for a new job opportunity. I give you all of my efforts and work that I have done so far. As I submit this application, I pray that you bless it and guide me toward the right job. May your truth and light bring wisdom to me and to the people who must decide whether to hire me or not. In you, I restore my spirit and find refuge. I will rest my heart in you as I wait for the result. Thank you for whatever happens. You are my provider, protector and friend, and I place all of my trust in you. Amen.
3. O Lord, I place my humble needs at your feet. Please guide me as I begin my search for work. My funds are low, and I desperately need to find a job offer. Help me to find a position that I can do well and that is rewarding to me. Guide me as I start interviewing for new positions and help me to find the right words. Please help me to be grateful and humble for all that you have given me. I know that I am already blessed beyond measure, so I pray that I will never forget that fact.
4. Dear Lord, thank you for your presence and guidance in my life. I know that you walk with me every day and always hear my prayers. I ask that you guide my decisions as I look for a new job opportunity. Help to guide my mind so that I can develop the skills I have and learn new ones. Guide my movements so that I may continue to walk in all of the possibilities you have for me. Guide my heart as I look for a job opportunity that will provide for my needs while allowing me to serve others. Thank you for your presence in my life. Amen.
5. O loving Father, I know that I am not alone. Throughout my days and nights, you always watch over me. I feel your love encircling my life. As I work to find a new job opportunity, I pray that you will grant me wisdom. There are many paths ahead of me, and I cannot decide which one to turn to. Help me to find a position where I can do good in the world and serve others. Still my mind so that I can clearly see which positions are the best. Guard my heart so that I may make the right decision. Most of all, give me courage so that I may choose a new path without fear in the knowledge that you are always there to guide me. Amen.
6. Lord, you are my vision. Breathe your life into me today as I search for anew horizon. I face challenges in getting an interview, but I turn to you as my refuge. You are my rock and my truth, so I trust that you will guide me as I find a new job.
7. Thank you, Lord, for granting my prayers. As I begin a new position, guide me with your light and illuminate the path ahead of me. Help me to put my skills and abilities to work so that I can be the best employee that I can be. Fill my heart with your unending joy and be my constant companion. Amen.
8. You have promised that when I seek you in my heart, I will find you. I seek your guidance now to still my troubled heart. I have tried so hard to get an interview, but no job opportunities have appeared. Calm my mind and help me to find hope to continue my job search. Help me to follow your plan and give me the wisdom I need to discover the right opportunities.
9. I give you all of my fears and anxieties. I release my fears to you as I place my trust in your plan. As I work toward finding a job opportunity, guide me in all that I do. Amen.
10. Heavenly Father, still my troubled heart and mind. Help me to forget my anxieties so that I may have a clear mind as I apply for jobs. Grant others the wisdom they need in deciding on the right candidate. I ask for your blessings as I seek out interviews and new positions. Thank you for guiding me in every day of my life. Amen.