When you start a new relationship, one of the most important things you can do is pray. Dating can be extremely difficult, even when you are with the right partner. You struggle to communicate with each other, figure out your own feelings and balance each other’s needs. These prayers for new relationship help you avoid some of the common pitfalls of a new relationship by turning to God for strength, wisdom and support.
10 Prayers for Your New Relationship
1. Heavenly Father, please help us avoid isolating ourselves from each other and from other people. Sometimes, we spend too much time together because of our love and forget all of the other important people in our lives. Help us to weave our new relationship into all of the other relationships that we have in our lives. Help us find support through our friends so that we make the right decisions and become Christians. When temptation tries to cause us to sin, help us to remain strong and pure. Amen.
2. Lord, bless our relationship. Help us to grow closer to each other and to you. Help us to fulfill your will for our lives. Through this relationship, help us to guide and teach other other. No matter how hard life is, help us to seek you first in all things. May our love become genuine affection and a lasting bond. Help us to honor each other at all times and be bonded together through you. May our lives always be a reflection of your grace as we journey toward your greater glory. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
3. Lord, it seems like so many relationships end in a break up or a divorce. Help us to learn to balance each other’s needs and communicate healthily. When boundaries are crossed or arguments happen, help us to find peace and love through compromise. Allow our respect and love for each other to show the world your power and what a Christian relationship is like. Amen.
3. Heavenly Father, we turn to you for strength and support as we start a new relationship. Help us to share your love with each other and the people around us. Remind us to keep our hearts, souls and bodies pure. Never let anything overshadow or replace the love that we have from you. Give us the faith to follow you and to follow your example in our relationships. Whether we end up getting married or not, remind us that our first love and devotion is pledged to you for now and for always. Amen.
4. Lord, I have started a new relationship and am falling in love. While I love my partner, I feel tempted to sin at times. Help me to remain strong and pure in my thoughts. When a temptation arises, help me to find the strength to avoid it. Fill my eyes with your truth and beauty so that the fog of temptation is blown away. Ignite my heart with your love so that I can be a better partner and follow your will in all
5. I pray that you will guide our footsteps as we learn how to communicate and compromise in a relationship. Help our infatuation turn into a lasting love and sense of companionship. As we walk forward in life, guide us according to your will. I trust that this relationship is a blessing from you, so I trust that you will guide us toward the wisdom, strength and love that we need to find happiness. Open the eyes of my heart and show me anything that is not of you. May we both enter this relationship, not blinded by love, but spirit-wise. Amen.
6. After a long day, it is easy to focus our attention on work, chores or other responsibilities. No matter how busy we are, help us to put you and our relationship first. Remind us that this life is temporal and that your eternal life is more important. If we are influenced negatively by each other, help us to turn toward your example again. May we grow in our love for each other and our faith in you always.
7. Help us to flee from sexual immorality and sin. While we have found a new love in each other, help us to keep this love pure until we one day decide to get married. Our bodies are a temple of your Holy Spirit, so help us to remain focused on you and pure in our thoughts, words and deeds. Guide us so that we may follow your will in all things. Amen.
8. Heavenly Father, we are vulnerable to the ways of the world. Too often, we see people who break up or get divorced from their spouse. Marriage is a sacred vow before God, and we take this commitment seriously. If it is your will, help us to grow in this relationship and remain pure so that we may one day become husband and wife. If we are not meant to be together, help us to see your plan and to accept your will. Guide us to become stronger, more compassionate and more loving partners in all ways. Amen.
9. Lord, we thank you for your grace. You have been generous and given us so many blessings in our life. You are worthy of all of our praise and gratitude. We life up your hands to humbly worship and adore you. Empower us to follow your example in all things. Help us to become better partners for each other if that is your will. Amen.
10. Heavenly Father, help me to find love and happiness in my relationship. Through the fog of infatuation, I cannot tell if this is the right person for me or not. Open my eyes to help me see if this is the relationship and the path that you want me to take. If this is your will for me, help me to be a loving, compassionate and caring partner. Grant me the wisdom to choose the right path and the courage to follow you in all things. Amen.