One of the hardest relationship conundrums is falling in love with your best friend. On the bright side, you could potentially have an awesome relationship because of your steady foundation as best friends. However, if your feelings aren’t reciprocated, it could lead to awkwardness that can ruin your friendship. It’s all a matter of standing your ground vs. embarking on a new chapter in your friendship.
And while we’re not here to help you out in that regard, we are here to provide you with some insightful quotes about your predicament.
1. All I ever wanted was to be your friend, and all I ever dreamed of is to be your lover.
2. Being friends yet in love with each other hurts the most because you cannot be together.
3. Real happiness is mostly felt by people who married their best friend.
4. When I met my best friend, I felt like I already met my soul mate and the person I can spend the lifetime with.
5. Being my best friend, you are the shoulder I lean on, the person I can run to, the love of my life, and my everything.
6. Best friends going into a relationship is not much of a surprise anymore, because most relationships begin as friendships and grow into something more meaningful.
7. I’m lucky I’m in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
-Jason Mraz, Lucky
8. The strongest relationship is the one that started as friendship first.
9. Everyone said “never fall for your best friend, they’ll break you.” I was so naive to think I was different than them, now I sit here staring at the ceiling. Alone. I didn’t just lose love, I lost my very best friend, and my other half.
10. Falling in love with your best friend is quite difficult, for you would have to learn to keep the feelings just to avoid ruining your friendship.
11. I would not be able to remain as your friend any longer. My heart is bursting with love for you, and I do not know how to contain it.
12. I’m so lucky to be best friends with the guy I’m in love with.
13. Being in love with each other while being best friends at the same time is the best kind of relationship.
14. Being in love with your best friend is harder than you think. But once you are in love with each other, everything would be worth it.
15. I liked you the moment I saw you. You may be one of my best friends, but I really wish that I could be more to you.
16. When you fall in love with your best friend, it does not mean that you will ruin your friendship. It would mean more happiness for you.
17. When you love someone, being their friend is not just enough.
18. I want to smile because we are friends, but I also want to cry because that is all we would ever be.
19. I want to stay close to you, that is why I remain to be your friend even though I love you more than that.
20. Bring friendship into a relationship first before it ripens and turns to love.
21. Dear best friend, I love you more daily. I wish you could see yourself the way I see you and I wish you could love yourself the way I love you. And above all, I wish your life is everything you deserve because, in my opinion, you deserve the world. I will stand by you forever, my heart will always belong to you. – With Love, Julia
22. If you think this is just friendship connection, it must be something more. We are just afraid to confront it.
23. The best relationship is being open to each other like best friends do.
24. It is more fun to be in love with your best friend because no matter what a mess you are, they just would not care.
25. When your best friend makes you want to become a better person and brings out the best in you, then you have found the right one for you.
26. Just friends don’t look at each other the way we look at each other.
27. Marry your best friend. I do not say that lightly.
Really, truly find the strongest, happiest friendship
in the person you fall in love with.
Someone who speaks highly of you. Someone you can laugh with.
The kid of laughs that make your belly ache, and your nose snort.
The embarrassing, earnest, healing kind of laughs.
Wit is important. Life is too short not to love someone
who lets you be a fool with them.
Make sure they are somebody who lets you cry, too.
Despair will come.
Find someone that you want to be there with you through these times.
Most importantly, marry the one that makes passion,
love, and madness combine and course through you.
A love that will never dilute even when the waters get deep, and dark.
-Because Love Wins
28. Never underestimate the importance of having someone in your life who makes you want to be a better person.
29. When I started to hang out with you, I smiled a lot brighter and I laughed a lot merrier. That is because I already love you.
30. Once you are in love with someone, you can never be just friends with them.
31. Revealing my love for my best friend is hard to do if you do not have the guts.
32. Thank you for coming into my life when I needed you the most. I fell for you instantly, now I cannot undo it anymore.
33. The best lovers are always the best of friends.
34. It is riskiest when you fall in love with your best friend. You might ruin the friendship you built for years over a relationship that lasted for days.
35. The best relationship is when you two can act like lovers and best friends.
36. They weren’t so much best friends as they were extensions of each other. The thing was, they could function without the other. They just didn’t want to.
37. To my best friend: I let you into my world, then you became it.
38. Wait for the person who will become your best friend. The one who brings out the best in you. You would have your happily ever after with that person.
39. We are perfect for each other for we are friends and lovers at the same time. The strength of our relationship knows no boundaries.
40. There would always be a point when the one we love would hurt us. So love someone who is worth the pain.
41. There would always be one person who could make every moment magical for you. The one who becomes your best friend and lover at the same time.
42. Finding true love first constitutes of finding a true friend. You have to love someone for whom they are.
43. How blessed it truly is to stumble upon a soul that wants nothing but smiles and sunshine for you for the rest of your life.
44. I always need you to be by my side as my lover, my friend, and my soul mate.
45. I could not go through the day without seeing you. Who knew that our friendship could turn into something more.
46. We have been through a lot, but we remained friends. May be this means that we are meant for each other, that there is something more to this.
47. It’s funny how love works. You fall in love with a person without realizing it and when you do, it’s too late. You can’t just reject who your heart has chosen. Love is dangerous because you have no say in it. It could be very beautiful yet so toxic.
48. The best relationship that you can have is when your lover is also your best friend.
49. You don’t know who you’re going end up with, get married to, have two kids with. You can never know but that shouldn’t stop you from imagining a beautiful future, one where you have someone who loves you. I like to imagine mine with you in it and a beautiful house with a rooftop so we can throw dinner parties around this time every year. I like to imagine waking up to you and rolling over to kiss you every morning despite my embarrassing morning breath. I like to imagine how we will end up together. -Nikitagupta
50. When you fall in love with a stranger, be friends with him. When you are already friends, and then become best friends. Now that you are best friends, you can tell him that you love him.
51. Strangers can become best friends just as easily as best friends can become strangers.
52. Sometimes the hardest part of loving someone is that moment when you realize the best thing you could do for them is let them go.
53. What makes relationships stronger is when lovers start as friends and end up as partners for a lifetime.
54. The person who drops everything for you no matter what the circumstances are is your best friend who loves you more than you have ever known.
55. I want also want you to be my best friend, not only a person I share a relationship with.
56. You make me want to be better than I already am. I could not ask for more but for my best friend to fall in love with me too.
57. We talk like lovers and laugh like best friends.
58. The person you are happiest with is the one who can make you laugh without inhibitions, the one you can fool off with and be yourself. And that is your best friend.
59. I needed her you know? She was my best friend and I loved her. Not in a romantic way, it wasn’t like that. But she was the person I went to when I was too sad to say a word, or so tired that I could not sleep. I needed her like an inhaler to help me breathe. And now the weight of the world is sitting on my chest. – Sonia Murphy
60. Relationships are always stronger when you are best friends first, and a couple second.
We hope that these quotes are able to enlighten you a bit on what falling in love with your best friend is really like.