You need to motivate your sports team. Whether you are playing a game or just watching other players, these are the best sports slogans and taglines for motivating everyone on the team. While some of them are for specific sports or athletic teams, others can be used for any team. Have some fun picking a few of your favorites and adjusting them to suit your team’s competitive spirit.
1. For the love of the game. That is what it is all about ,right?
2. Life is short. Play Hard! That is certainly true!
3. Pain is weakness leaving the body. This is a nice way to phrase it, but I am not actually sure that this is true.
4. Track: It’s better than playing with balls. This would be one of the best sports slogans and taglines for a track team.
5. Take it to the Net. Nice!
6.Our workouts are longer than our shorts. I hope your shorts are fairly long then.
7. Run Hard. Run Fast. But just keep running. This would be a great option for a cross country team.
8. The most important shot in golf is the next one. True enough.
10. 1 team 1 mission. This is an easy option to choose.
11. A kick in the grass. Obviously, this works better for sports like soccer.
12. Champions are made when no one is watching. This is one of the best sports slogans.
13. We kick it where it counts. Eek!
14. The faster you run, the sooner you finish. That’s my motto!
15. Baseball = Another day in paradise. You can change the word baseball to match whatever sports team you happen to be on.
16. Refuse to Lose. Losing is never an option.
17. Winning is a habit. Success is a choice. Excellent.
18. Some dream about their goals…we make ’em! This works well for any sport that involves goals like basketball, baseball or soccer.
19. You may be strong, but we are stronger. A bit long, but it still works.
20. Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching? I like this tagline.
21. Don’t just chase your dreams…run them down! This is a great option for a cross country team.
22. Got game? This is a play on the popular “Got milk?” advertising campaign. Do you remember it?
23. Defend ’til the End. Offense looks good, but defense wins the game.
24. A bad place to be is between me and the ball. I will make sure to keep that warning in mind!
25. Dedication + Motivation = Success. This is a simple, fun option.
26. Go big or go home. This is an easy slogan to use.
27. Real athletes run, others just play games. This would be a clever slogan for a cross country team.
28. My blood, my sweat, your tears. Nice. This one uses very vivid imagery.
29. One spirit, one team, one win. Excellent.
30. Instant swimmer- just add water. This obviously works well for swimming teams only.
31. My cross country shoes have more miles than your car. A cross country team that can actually do this motto is sure to win.
32. Respect all, Fear none. This is a good motto to keep in mind.
33. Running is for anyone.. Cross Country is for athletes. This is another cross country slogan that you can use.
34. The clock’s job is to tick, your job is to beat it. Nice!
35. There is no I in Team. Technically, there is actually a “Me” in team, but who’s really paying attention to that detail?
36. We are all in this together. When you play a team sport, this is always the truth.
37. Winners never quit and quitters never win. If they did, it would be entirely unfair.
38. There’s no traffic on the extra mile. That’s because only winners are willing to go the extra mile.
39. A job worth doing is worth doing together. That is certainly one way to think about it!
40. Practice with a purpose, play with a passion. How hard you practice always determines how well you play for any sports.
41. Losers complain…champions train. This is one of the best sports slogans to use for any sport.
42. It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up. Everyone fails at some point. It is what you do after that moment that determines your success and your personal character.
43. I don’t play the field…I rule the sidelines. I’m not sure that that is a good thing.
44. Heart is the difference between those who attempt and those who achieve. I love this sports tagline.
45. Our sport is other sports’ punishment. This sounds like a cross country or swimming motto.
46. Reach for the sky or don’t even try. This slogan gets bonus points for rhyming.
47. A team above all. Above all a team. I like this option.
48. Talk with your feet, play with your heart. Nice!
49. Our goal is stopping yours. That’s a good goal!
50. Actions speak louder than coaches. Unless you have had some of the coaches that I have had.
51. Bustin’ ours to kick yours. The threat is implicit.
52. United we play. United we win. That’s the truth!
53. The more I sweat in practice, the less I bleed in battle. And the more likely you are to win in battle as well!
54. Sweat makes the green grass grow. Yuck.
55. Run hard or walk home. Another cross country or track motto you can use.
56. Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Swim. This motto works perfectly for a swim team.
57. Wanna turn heads? Make waves! While the obvious option is to use this for a swim team, you could also use it for a water polo team as well. If you have never tried water polo, you are really missing out.
58. Make your competitive juices overcome your excuses. This is another sports slogan that gets bonus points for rhyming.
59. I’m best in my element- H2O. Obviously, this only really works for a water-based sport.
60. Hustle and Heart set us apart. Nice!
61. None of us is as smart as all of us. True enough.
62. Run hard when it’s hard to run. You build the most muscle when your muscles are already tired.
63. Teamwork makes the dream work. That’s true!
64. Want to come in second? Follow me! In swimming, a variation of this could be “Eat my bubbles!”
65. Go with the flow. This works best for water-based sports.
66. It all starts with attitude. And it ends with preparation, dedication and teamwork.
67. Our warm up is your work out. Ouch!
68. Train hard, win easy. Excellent point.
69. Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing. You definitely know what your priorities are if you choose this motto.
70. We know we’re fast, pretty soon you’ll know it too. Nice!
71. We don’t run to add years to our lives. We run to add life to our years. If you like running, I guess that this is true.
72. Pain is temporary, pride is forever. Not always, but I get the intention.
73. Leave it all on the track. This works for a track team.
74. H2O: 2 parts Heart, 1 part Obsession. This is an awesome sports slogan for a swimming team.
75. All it takes is all you’ve got. This slogan could work for any sport.
76. Don’t race against others, race against yourself. This is the guaranteed way to make sure that you keep improving.
77. Best in the field. Clever!
78. I live my life, 50 meters at a time. This works well for a track team.
79. Every game is game seven. Obviously, this motto makes the most sense for a baseball team.
80. Hit Hard, Run Fast, Turn Left. This is another clever option for baseball teams.
81. Heading to the top. And you’ll get there soon enough!
82. Practice is vacation for us. You might be doing it wrong then.
83. Run fast or be last! This works well for a cross country team, but it could also be used for a baseball, soccer or track team as well. As long as the sport involves some running, it would probably make sense.
84. We know how to score. Yes, you do!
85. Don’t hope for it… work for it. Don’t waste time on dreaming. Put your dreams to work by taking concrete steps today to fulfill them.
86. Together Everyone Achieves More. That’s true.
87. Real athletes run miles not yards. This sounds like a cross country’s team subtle jab at track runners.
88. Get your game on. This is a fun option to choose.
89. Some call them opponents, I call them victims. Your poor victims.
90. I can go the distance. I feel like the “I” should be changed to “we.”
91. We play the field until we score. Nice one!
92. The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. That’s certainly the truth.
93. Look up, get up, but never give up. Excellent.
94. Run…don’t walk. This sounds a bit negative.
95. One team, one dream. And that dream is to win!
96. We do it for the Kicks. Kicks as in shoes?
97. Sometimes it’s not how good you are, but how bad you want it. A little heart can sometimes make up for a lot of talent. Did you ever watch that football film Rudy?
98. There are no hard courses just soft runners. I beg to differ.
99. It’s what you do before the season start that makes a champion. That’s certainly true.
100. Life’s a pitch! This works best for softball or baseball teams.