Football, basketball and just about every other sport gets more attention than swimming. Just because football gets the Super Bowl doesn’t mean that swimmers don’t deserve a chance to shine. While a soccer player or a runner has to be in great shape, swimmers have to do just as much of a workout while underwater. To show off your swim team’s spirit, check out these swimming slogans, phrases and sayings. You can use these to inspire your team or just to have some fun.
80 Swimming Slogans, Phrases & Sayings
1. “I do more before 8:00 AM than you do all day.”
Having woken up for countless 6:00 AM practices, I can definitely attest to the truth in this.
2. “Keep calm and swim on.”
This is a simple swimming slogan.
3. “The earth is 75% water – can you swim?”
4. “Try to hold your breath.”
And then try to workout while doing so.
5. “Life is better when you’re swimming.”
This is always true.
6. “Swimming is my happy hour.”
I always feel better after a good practice.
7. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
This is certainly the truth. The most talented swimmers earned their talent.
8. “Swimming is my world.”
This is a fairly straightforward swimming slogan.
9. “Real athletes swim – the rest just play games.”
10. “Welcome to the life of water.”
This sounds like it should go on a T-shirt.
11. “To swim or not to swim? There is no question.”
This is an excellent option to choose.
12. “Be the dolphin.”
This works even better if your mascot is a dolphin.
13. “Risk everything. Fear nothing. Live with no regrets.”
These are always good words to live by.
14. “Shut up & Swim.”
15. “Sink or swim.”
Luckily, you already know how to swim.
16. “My dream is to swim in bacon.”
That sounds absolutely delicious.
17. “If you think your sport is hard, trying doing it holding your breath!”
This is one of the reasons why swimmers have excellent lung capacity.
18. “You’re only one swim away from a good mood.”
After a good workout, you just feel happy.
19. “Seven days of no swimming makes one weak.”
That is certainly the truth.
20. “Swimming. I’m lovin’ it.”
It is a bit ironic to steal a fast food slogan for a super healthy sport.
21. “I may not have come from the sea, but I live in the water.”
Nice. Swimming: Making mermaids every day.
22. “Life is cool in the pool.”
This one gets bonus points for rhyming.
23. “Swimming- The only sport were you wear less then a cheerleader and look better.”
I love this swimming slogan.
24. “Oxygen is overrated.”
That is certainly the truth!
25. “My weapon is my body. My element is water. My world is swimming.”
This sounds like an awesome mantra.
26. “Swimming is my sport. The pool is my home. The water is my friend.”
This is another slogan that would be a great mantra to live by.
27. “I hope you like animals because I’m a beast.”
28. “Drugs? No thanks, I’m a swimmer.”
Swimmers: just say no to drugs.
29. “If I have but one day to live, please take me to a swim meet because they last forever.”
Having sat through hundreds of swim meets, I can tell you that this slogan is absolutely true.
30. “Life is simple. Just keep swimming.”
This slogan is brought to you by Finding Nemo’s Dory.
31. “There is no glory in practice, but without practice there can be no glory.”
You have to practice if you want to reach your personal best times.
32. “Learn to Swim.”
Or learn to sink.
33. “Life in the fast lane.”
This is a pun on the fast lane in the pool.
34. “Things get better with swimming.”
Everything is better with swimming.
35. “H20 is one part heart, two parts obsession!”
It does feel a bit like an obsession at times.
36. “Home is where the pool is.”
This is an adorable swimming phrase.
37. “If you can’t swim with the sharks, get out of the water.”
Honestly, I would rather not swim with the sharks.
38. “I don’t swim, I fly.”
Butterfly, that is.
39. “The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards.”
It takes a lot of work to make a champion.
40. “When global warming melts the earth, swimmers will rule.”
Long may you live!
41. “We do more flips in an hour then cheerleaders do in a whole season.”
This is a clever swimming slogan.
42. “The only sport with no half times & no substitutions.”
Other athletes take breaks. Swimmers don’t need them.
43. “The ones who have talent are good, but the ones who practice are great.”
If you can have both talent and practice, you are all set.
44. “Born to swim – Forced to work.”
This is how I feel at work every day.
45. “I hope you’re hungry because you’re about to eat my bubbles.”
46. “I’m a swimmer. I spend 25% of my time 75% naked!”
And somehow, it feels far more natural than being forced to wear clothes.
47. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
This is an excellent quote to live by, inside and outside of the water.
48. “I swim, and it’s my superpower.”
That’s the truth.
49. “Swimming, it does a body good.”
This is based on the advertisement, Milk: It does the body good.
50. “My weapon is my body.”
This is a cool-sounding option.
60. “If swimming was easy, it would be called football.”
This is by far my favorite swimming slogan on this list.
61. “The body achieves what the mind believes.”
A lot of swimming is based in your mind. You have to really believe that you can do something and put in the work before you can actually do it.
62. “Swim to Live. Live to Swim.”
Swimming is one sport that really seems to take up your entire life.
63. “Don’t count laps. Make every lap count.”
If you are just counting down the laps, you are wasting your time. Make each stroke count in the water.
64. “I like swimming & maybe, like, 3 people.”
Unfortunately, I might have to agree with this swimming slogan.
65. “It’s just you and the pool.”
There is something very peaceful and Zen-like about this swimming slogan.
66. “Swimming makes me feel happy.”
Keep it simple with a swimming slogan like this one.
67. “Chlorine is my cologne.”
Back when I used to do double or triple practices every day, people would walk by my locker and wrinkle their noses. Apparently, I smelled like bleach. Even when I would sweat while running, I would just ooze bleach instead of body odor.
68. “I swim because I am too sexy for a sport that requires clothes.”
That is one way of looking at it.
69. “Live long & swim.”
This is an updated version of Star Trek’s “Live long and prosper.”
70. “Swim for a healthy life.”
Swimming is one of the few sports that you can really do at any age.
71. “When it feels tough, you’re doing it right.”
That is certainly true for a good practice.
72. “Eat. Sleep. Swim. Repeat.”
Keep it simple with this swimming slogans.
73. “Only dead fish go with the flow.”
This is one of my favorite swimming slogans, phrases and sayings.
74. “Practice like a champion.”
A good rule to live by.
75. “Procrastination makes easy things hard and hard things harder.”
Procrastination never helps.
76. “Eat Pasta. Swim Fasta.”
Actually, some scientists are starting to change the rule about eating pasta the night before a big race.
77. “Swimming is where wet dreams become reality.”
This is certainly not a PG option.
78. “Swimming – what real men do while boys play football.”
Nice. You probably don’t want to share this with your football friends.
79. “Education is important. Swimming is importanter.”
This quote certainly shows where your priorities are.
80. “Swim hard & earn your cool down.”
This is one way to look at it.