You just bought an adorable teddy bear, and now you need to give it a name. Teddy bears are often used to comfort children, and they can quickly become their favorite toy. Whether you have a traditional brown bear or a more unique stuffed animal, the following cute and funny teddy bear names can help you start brainstorming the name of your new toy.
100 Cute and Funny Teddy Bear Names
1. Bootsy: This teddy bear name is super cute and works even better if your teddy bear happens to be dressed in boots.
2. Scooter: Scooter the teddy bear just sounds like a cute name.
3. Frankenstein: This is a funny choice for a bear since he actually chases away the monsters.
4. So Big: This sounds like a cute teddy bear name that a child would choose for her bear.
5. Grizzly: He might be just a teddy bear, but he will feel as strong as a grizzly bear with a name like this.
6. Mrs. Kisses: Who doesn’t love kisses and cuddles?
7. Teddy: This is a fairly obvious name choice for your teddy bear.
8. Scout: This is an adorable choice for a teddy bear.
9. Rawr: This is a silly, funny choice since it is based on what a teddy bear says.
10. Buttercup: Sweet and cute names like this one are always great as teddy bear names.
11. Fisher: This is a strong-sounding name for a teddy bear.
12. Pookie: This is another cute, funny choice for a bear.
13. Mr. Cuddles: If you add “Mr.” or “Mrs.” in front of any cute-sounding word, it instantly becomes an awesome teddy bear name.
14. Trooper: Trooper the teddy bear just sounds cute.
15. Napoleon: With his small stature, your bear could certainly get a Napoleon complex!
16. Bear Hugz: This adorable teddy bear name is a play on the popular phrase, “bear hugs.” Your child is certain to give her bear a bear hug with a name like this!
17. Theodore: The name “teddy” originally came from Theodore Roosevelt, so this teddy bear name certainly makes sense for your new bear.
18. Ted: This is an easy option that is short for “Teddy.”
19. Angel: This is a sweet, simple option for your teddy bear name.
20. Horace: Old-fashioned names sound cute for an old-fashioned toy like a teddy bear.
21. Ding Dong: This would certainly be a funny teddy bear name.
22. Lovebug: A name like this is perfect for your little lovebug.
23. Franklin: This sounds like a good, traditional name for a bear.
24. Beethoven: This is a silly name for a bear.
25. Cuddlebug: This is an even better version of Lovebug since a teddy bear is all about cuddles.
26. Baloo: Baloo the bear sounds cute and is easy for young children to say.
27. Hugs: This is another cute option that you can use.
28. Mr. Bear: If you can’t think of other cute and funny teddy bear names, this one is bound to be an excellent, easy choice.
29. Claws: This name makes sense because the teddy bear has claws.
30. Chubs: This name makes since if your bear is on the chubby side.
31. Cuddles: You always give your bear cuddles, so this name certainly makes since for him.
32. Penny: This just sounds like a sweet choice.
33. Mr. Fluffles: This is definitely an adorable option for your bear.
34. Snuggles: This is another cute-sounding bear name for your next teddy bear.
35. Paws: You could also call your bear “Pa” as a play on the word “paw” for the teddy bear’s paws.
36. Mr. Hugglesworth: This name might be long, but it is definitely one of the cutest names on this list.
37. Snuggabear: This name might be longer than the other names on this list, but it is still a fairly cute option.
38. Mr. Goodbear: This is another cute choice for a teddy bear.
39. Yolanda: This would definitely be an unusual choice for a teddy bear.
40. Sugar: For a bear who is sweet as sugar, Sugar would certainly be an excellent name.
41. Camper: If your teddy bear loves to go camping, then this choice makes sense. Hopefully, your bear is a happy camper.
42. Lazy Bear: This is a cute, fun name for your new stuffed animal.
43. Winnie: This name comes from the famous storybook character, Winnie the Pooh.
44. Penelope: You can always shorten this name to just “Penny” to make it easier for a young child to say.
45. Beary Potter: This clever pun is one of the cutest bear names on this list.
46. Paddington: Paddington the Bear was a famous cartoon, although he has become less popular in recent years.
47. Racer: For a speedy bear, this name is the perfect choice.
48. Ron: If you have two bears, name one of them Beary Potter and the other one Ron.
49. Honey: This is a sweet, adorable choice for your next teddy bear.
50. Fisher: Bears are known to eat berries and fish, so this name makes sense.
51. Bam-Bam: Adorable!
52. Fluffy: This is an awesome option.
53. Arcot: This name just sounds cool.
54. Guardian: This makes sense because your bear guards you while you sleep.
55. Berry Beary: This is a funny choice.
56. Boo Boo: A great name for small children.
57. Buttons: Cute!
58. Bella: In Italian, this name means “beautiful.” It is certainly a beautiful choice for a teddy bear!
59. Dopey: This is a silly name from Snow White.
60. Shorty: A funny choice for a short bear.
61. Happy: Perfect for a happy bear.
62. Hiker: This is a funny choice since most hikers would be scared to see a bear.
63. BoBo: Technically, I think that Bobo was a clown.
64. Grumpy: Another one of the seven dwarves in Snow White.
65. Nibbs: Cute!
66. Chubby: This is a funny name for a chubby bear.
67. Brownie: Perfect for a brown bear.
68. Peaches: Sweet!
69. Maggie: This is acute name for a teddy bear.
70. Fuzzy Wuzzy: This name comes from the popular children’s rhyme, although it is also an excellent descriptor of a teddy bear.
71. Queenie: For the queen of bears.
72. Pebbles: This is a sweet option.
73. Dusty: Cute!
74. Rocky: This is a fun option for your teddy bear.
75. Bobby: This name wins bonus points for alliteration.
76. Blubber: Perfect for a chubby bear.
77. Barney: This is another name that sounds great because of the alliteration.
78. Bozo: This name sounds funny and wins bonus points for the alliteration.
79. Baby Bear: If your child loves the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, this would be the perfect choice. Plus, you can always add new teddy bears for the Mama and Papa bears.
80. Smokey: From the famous bear who warned about forest fires.
81. Flubber: Cute!
82. Skylar: This sounds like a hip, modern name.
83. Caramel: Perfect for a caramel-colored bear.
84. Snowball: This is a sweet choice for a bear.
85. Sunny: For a bear who is as happy as the summer sun.
86. Chocolate: Another great choice based on the bear’s color.
87. Tubby: Great for a chubby bear.
88. Bubsy: Since bear starts with a “b,” some of the best names use alliteration and also start with the letter “b.”
89. Giggles: This is a sweet-sounding name.
90. Tickles: A great option for a bear you love to tickle.
91. Armor: Your teddy bear might not be wearing armor, but he can certainly protect a child from bad dreams and nightmares!
92. Mr. Sprinkles: This is certainly a sweet name.
93. Mrs. Wiggles: Super cute!
94. Bob: Bob the Bear sounds like a cute option.
95. Sargent Teddy: This is an adorable option.
96. Knight Night: For the knight of night who chases away bad dreams after mom says, “Night night.”
97. Sprinkles: This is certainly a cute teddy bear name.
98. Skittle: This is a cute choice.
99. Waffles: Perfect for a bear who is the color of waffles.
100. Barley: This name is cute and wins bonus points for the alliteration.