When you have a birthday, it is only natural that your friends and family members would send you a lot of birthday wishes. On Facebook, you could just like their comment or write out “thanks” in response. If they actually send you a birthday card or a private message online, it is only polite to send them a thank you note for the birthday wishes. Writing thank you notes is never easy, but there are a number of generic options that will work well.
Obviously, the most proper way to send thank you notes for birthday wishes is through a nice, handwritten letter. If you do not have time do that, you can always respond with a brief message online. If the birthday messages were sent online, then it is perfectly acceptable to send your thank you note the same way.
1. Hello, everyone! I jut wanted to thank everyone who sent me birthday greetings. Another long year has come and passed, and I know have another number to add to my age. Despite that, it was still great to hear from all of you out there. I hope all of you are doing well—I will make sure to get in touch with each of you as soon as possible.
2. Today was such a wonderful day. It was a reminder for all of the beautiful people and kind souls that exist in my life. Thank you all for giving me such a lovely, happy feeling on my birthday.
3. I wanted to thank every one of you for your warm, loving birthday wishes. All of your blessings have meant so much to me. I am sorry that I was so busy on my birthday and could not get back to everyone right away—thank you so much for sending me such great messages. I feel so blessed to know that I have such good friends around me all the time. You guys have made my birthday a memorable, amazing day for me. Thank you for always being one of the most amazing, special parts of my life.
4. To all of the queens and kings out there wishing me a happy birthday, I just wanted to thank you so much. Even though I was (sick, nursing a sick child, busy at work), you still managed to make today special for me. Thank you and stay blessed.
5. One of the best parts of my birthday today was getting to here from so many family members and friends. I sincerely wanted to thank all of you for your kind birthday wishes. It makes my heart happy to see pictures of your families and messages from you on Facebook. While I don’t spend a lot of time online anymore, this was a reminder of just how many people out there care about me. I thank God that there are so many amazing people in my life. I am lucky to have celebrated another birthday with so many wonderful friends. Many thanks and love are headed your way.
6. Thanks to all of my friends for their birthday wishes, jokes, laughs, gifts and more. I will celebrate our many years of friendship in my heart. You guys are more than I could have ever wished for. I wanted to send my love to all of you. See you later!
7. Thanks to everyone for sending me such wonderful birthday messages. It has truly been a birthday to remember.
8. Thank you for all of your birthday messages and wishes. They have meant so much to me.
9. I had an amazing birthday with my family and friends. I managed to spend wonderful moments of fellowship with my loved ones and missed everyone who could not be here with me. I thank God for the love he has bestowed on me during the last year. I have cherished every moment that I have spent with all of you this yer. I really believe that this will be a year of hope and restoration in my life. Thanks to everyone who stood by me during the last year. I promise that I will try to be a better person in the coming year so that I truly deserve all of you.
10. Thank you for all of your birthday wishes. I especially wanted to thank all of my globetrotting friends who managed to remember my birthday despite all of their travels throughout the many corners of the globe. Love to you all.
11. A thank you to all of my friends and family members who sent me birthday wishes. While my day started off bad, your birthday wishes ended up making this a very happy birthday. I was completely dumbfounded at work by the cards, flowers, cake and gifts that I received for my birthday. I got my shimmy on, blared some birthday tunes and had so many reminders of just how blessed I am.
12. I wanted to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. All of you lovely friends and family who showed up at my party—a million thank yous. I ended up having an amazing night and am so blessed to be surrounded by such loving people.
13. I would love to individually thank every one of you who sent me birthday wishes. There were so many of you that it would be impossible. You have reminded me of just how lucky I am to have so many close, loving friends. I wanted to thank you and thank God for all of the friends that I am so lucky to have. One day, we will all get to celebrate at a great party, and I cannot wait for that day.
14. Thank you, everyone, for your birthday greetings. I really felt the love today! Those of you who know me well know that I try not to make a big deal out of any holiday. For some reason, it seemed like God had something different in store for me this year. I feel like I am finally on the path that he set for me in life, and I was rewarded with all of the loving birthday wishes from you guys. Thank you for showing the love today!
15. I was completely overwhelmed by all of the attention that I received on my birthday. I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for all of your blessings and birthday wishes. With all of these wishes behind me, I am certain that the upcoming year will be the best one ever.
16. Thank you all for your birthday wishes. Since my birthday was close to the weekend this year, I took a day off to have a long celebration. I spent my birthday relaxing with my lover and my family during a barbecue. Since I wasn’t at the office, many of my co-workers sent me birthday greetings online. It was so awesome to read all of your messages. Thank you, everyone!
17. I wanted to thank everyone for the lovely birthday wishes. It seems like the years keep going by faster and faster. God has blessed me with such wonderful family members and friends. Today, I was reminded of the quote, “Every day above the ground is a good day.” Today truly was a blessed day. Love to all of you.
18. Thank you all for your birthday cards, texts, Twitter messages, calls and hugs that you gave me yesterday. All of you managed to make my birthday a truly memorable day. Thank you!
19. I tried posting this yesterday, but it ended up slipping my mind. I just wanted to tell all of you how thankful I am for everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I was able to celebrate with all of my family and friends around me. I am so blessed and lucky—I really could not have asked for more.
20. First, I wanted to thank God for another amazing year and my life. Also, thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I love all of you!
21. I just wanted to take a moment and say “thank you” to everyone for all of the birthday wishes. It means a lot to me that you all took time from your busy lives to wish me a happy birthday. I feel very blessed to have each and every one of you as my friends.
22. I wanted everyone to know how thankful I am for all of the blessings that I have received in my life. In particular, God has been very good to me on my birthday. May God bless all of you and keep you in his heart. Thank you, everyone.
23. I wanted to thank everyone who sang to me on my birthday, kept me in their prayers and gave me such wonderful gifts. All of you combined to make for an amazing birthday. It meant so much to me to know that all of you were thinking of me today.
24. I would like to thank all of you for your kind birthday wishes. I had an amazing weekend with my family and another great day today. Thank you, all of you, for your birthday wishes! All of your birthday wishes made me feel so spoiled and blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.
25. I wanted to thank each and every one of you who took the time to send a Facebook message, a text or a call on my birthday. It was undoubtedly a great day, but I plan on making my birthday celebrations last the entire week. Again, thank you, all of you. I am so happy to have all of you in my life.
26. Ladies and gentleman, I wanted to offer a word of thanks for all of your birthday wishes. More importantly, I wanted to thank the almighty God for bringing me this far in life.
27. I am feeling a bit tired and frazzled from the long birthday weekend, but I could not be happier. I wanted to thank all of you for your birthday wishes. I am truly blessed to have such amazing family and friends around me. Cheers!
28. Being with my friends and family was the best present I could ask for. They really aren’t such a bad bunch after all. 😉
29. Thank you so much to everyone who sent me a card or gave me a birthday present. It really meant a lot to me. It is amazing to feel so loved by my family and friends—it has truly been the best birthday ever. Because of you, I am feeling thankful for my life and for all of the wonderful people in it.
30. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes—it has really meant a lot to me. Now, the only way I could feel any luckier is to win the lottery!
31. Wow! I am amazed! I received so many birthday wishes, but none of them said, “Have a crummy day.” I really do have the best of friends! Thank you!
32. Thank to everyone for the ecstasy you brought me on my birthday. When I thought my life could not get any better, you proved me wrong. Thank you all so much—you are so special to me.
33. Thanks for all of the love and support you have shared with me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is amazing to know that I am surrounded by such wonderful, loving family and friends.
34. Giving honor to God for his grace and mercy in allowing me to start another year on this earth. Thank you, God, for all of your blessings on my birthday.
35. I know that I can be pretty terrible at keeping in touch with all of you, but it really does mean a lot to me when you reach out to me on my birthday. Thank you so much, guys!
36. From the bottom of my heart, I wanted to thank everyone for their kind, thoughtful birthday wishes. And for those who didn’t, shame on you!
37. A big thank you to all of the friends who helped me celebrate my birthday and my birthday dinner. My birthday dinner was not only about good food—it also had the best company that anyone could ask you. I wanted to thank all of you who sent me birthday messages and really made today special. Love to all of you—I appreciate all of you so much.
38. I had such a lovely birthday! Thank you, all of you, for all of the birthday cards, messages and gifts. I especially wanted to thank the highest for giving me a chance to live another year. I feel so blessed by God with such amazing family members and friends. Whether you called, texted or visited me, thank you so much. You guys really made my day feel special.
39. I wanted to give a massive thank you for all of the amazing messages, gifts and surprises that I received today. I did not expect anything to happen on my birthday and hardly thought that anyone would remember it. You have all proven me wrong. Thanks to everyone who came to my birthday dinner and ensured that today was truly a special day.
40. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life. When I woke up this morning, it was to dozens of messages from all of you for my birthday. It was such a wonderful surprise and an amazing way to start out my day. Thank you, all of you, for being such a huge part of my life!