In 1958, National Boss Day was designed to honor the many leadership skills and achievements of a good boss. While you do not have to show your gratitude on just this day, it is always a good reminder to appreciate your boss. There are many bad bosses in the world, so make sure to show your gratitude when you truly get a boss who inspires you and makes you want to put in your best work. If you want to show your boss how much you care, try using these 40 best thank you messages to boss. These messages can be used as written or modified to suit your unique boss.
1. As my boss, I think that you deserve an extra note of thanks for all of your ongoing leadership and support!
2. Thank you so much for all of your leadership at work—it has truly been an inspiration to work with you. Thank you so much!
3. Your comments on how I can improve and your compliments on my performance have always motivated me and inspired me to do better. Thanks, boss!
4. A boss like you deserves an entire holiday to himself (or herself) for being so amazing!
5. Ever since I started working with you as my leader, I have learned so many things that make me a better worker and a better person. You are truly the best boss ever. Thank you!
6. A million thanks to you for being the best boss ever. Thank you for all of the support and encouragement at work and for in our lives. You are so amazing and all of us are lucky to have you. Thank you and God bless you!
7. The biggest problem in my life is that, after having a boss as amazing as you, I am ruined for working for anyone else. You have completely spoiled me. While I am grateful that you have been such an amazing boss, you have really limited my career choices because I will know compare any new boss to you wherever I go.
8. A boss like you deserves an extra thank you for always being an inspiration to us. Thank you!
9. I am so proud to be able to call you my boss. Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me over the years.
10. You are without a doubt the most terrific boss ever. I thank you so much for all of your support and encouragement.
11. I just wanted to thank you for being the best boss in the entire world. Thank you for helping me mature and grow in my career. You have taught me so much already. Thank you!
12. After working with an amazing boss like you, I have started to feel left out when I am with my friends. Every time they start to talk badly about their bosses, I have nothing to say. Thanks for making me always feel like an outcast.
13. It is an honor to have the privilege of working for such a wonderful boss. Thank you for being you.
14. I just wanted to thank you for being such a great boss. I have enjoyed working with you so much over the years.
15. You have motivated your employees while having to make the toughest of decisions. Through your support for your colleagues and leadership, you have been a true inspiration. Thank you, boss!
16. My talent and skills may have gone to the grave with me if you had not noticed them and inspired me to put them to work. Because of you, I am a better worker and a better person. Thanks, boss!
17. I want to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for always being such a supportive boss. Thanks!
18. From being nothing to becoming something, I have made an amazing journey at this workplace. It is all thanks to your guidance that I have made this journey. Thanks, boss!
19. It was really so amazing to work with you in such a positive environment. Working under your leadership has been an amazing opportunity for me. Thank you so much!
20. Thank you for transforming our mistakes into valuable lessons. Your pressure and leadership has made us more productive and converted all of our skills into strengths. You have an amazing ability to bring out the best in all of us. Thanks!
21. Because of you, our workplace has always felt like a supportive community. Thanks from all of us!
22. It is one thing for you to be a boss, but being a mentor and a leader was never a requirement. We are so proud and grateful to have a boss, manager and mentor in one. Thank you for everything that you do.
23. Thank you so much for your constant encouragement. I am so happy that I am able to call you my boss.
24. My monthly targets never come in the form of a chart or a number. They really arrive in the form of praises I get from my boss. Thank you!
25. I just wanted to thank you for being there for me every step of the way. You are truly an amazing boss.
26. Thank you for all of your support and assistance. I consider myself truly honored to have you as my boss.
27. Please accept our gratitude and thanks for always being such an amazing boss.
28. After all you have done, thanks do not feel like enough. All I can do is offer my gratitude and appreciation for your leadership and for you being such a wonderful boss.
29. Stories of how amazing you are as a boss have gone viral in my family and friend group. Everyone is jealous that I have such a great boss. Thank you for always being a cool boss.
30. Thank you for all of your kindness, encouragement and support. I could never have asked for or expected such a great boss.
31. Since the first day that I began working for you, I know that I have changed in so many ways. All of these changes have helped me transform into a better person inside and out. From how I do my job to how I live my life at home, you are one of the biggest reasons why I am always striving to do my best. Thank you for being my boss. I appreciate you and all the things you do in more ways than I can count.
32. I could never have asked for a better boss. Thanks!
33. I am so thankful that you are my boss. You are more than just a leader; you are truly an inspiration. Your hard work and dedication has inspired me since the moment I first joined your staff. Thank you so much.
34. You are a better boss than anyone could ask for. Thank you!
35. Thank you for your guidance and support. You are really a one-of-a-kind boss and a wonderful human being.
36. If it was not for your example, we would never know what it takes to be a true leader. Thank you!
37. You have been our inspiration and the example we all strive to match. Thank you!
38. Thank you for always going above and beyond the call of duty in supporting us at work. Thanks!
39. Thank you for your kindness and understanding. You are an amazing boss for all of us.
40. Our whole team just wanted to show how grateful we are to have such a wonderful boss. Thanks!