If you want to send a thank you note to your boss, you have to know what you want to say. This is a professional message that helps to show your appreciation. You need to do it right so that your boss understands your gratitude. In addition, the right thank you note to boss can help to leave a good impression. To make sure that you have the perfect thank you note, read through the following ideas. You can use them as they are written or modify them to suit your exact situation.
1. “Your leadership skills have made our team possible. As a leader, you easily manage a team with a diverse background. I am so thankful that I was able to learn these qualities and skills from you. Thank you for all of your personal and professional guidance!”
This is a good message to send your boss and show how much you appreciate him or her.
2. “To my boss: It has been so amazing to work in such a great environment. It always feels like everyone’s opinion is valued and listened to. Thank you so much for giving me such an amazing opportunity. I appreciate all of your work from the bottom of my heart.”
If your boss creates a wonderful environment at work, make sure to show your appreciation for them.
3. “Thank you for being so generous in my salary increase. I look forward to all the future raise reviews as I continue my tenure with this company.”
When you are lucky enough to get a raise at work, let your boss know that you appreciate it. Some bosses have to fight to get their employees good raises, so tell him or her thank you.
4. “Working with you and for you has been truly an honor. Without you here, it would have been a horror. Being your subordinate has been a pleasure and an experience that I will always treasure.”
This is a bit more poetic in nature, but it still sounds like a good thank you note to boss.
5. “I just wanted to express how much I appreciate having you as my boss. Having you as a boss and leader has impacted my life for the better. You have inspired me in more ways that I can count. Thank you!”
This is a good way to show that your boss has impacted your personal and professional lives for the better.
6. “I just wanted to give you a million thank you’s for being the best boss in the entire world. You have given us support and encouragement professionally and personally. You are just an amazing person. Thank you so much for everything that you do.”
This sounds like the type of thank you message that would come with a “World’s Best Boss” mug.
7. “You have been an amazing mentor, manager, teacher and guide. Your advice and support has shaped my career for the better. Thank you so much for being the best boss ever!”
This is a wonderful message to give your boss to show how much you appreciate them and how highly you think of them.
8. “Thank you, not for giving me fish, but for teaching to fish. At work, you do not teach me what to do. You teach me how to do it and use my own creativity to accomplish things.”
This uses a modification of a famous proverb for a more thoughtful approach.
9. “Because of you, I will never have to know what it is like to work under a grumpy or irritating boss. That is one experience I am glad that I do not have to have. I am so thankful for having a boss like you.”
This is a bit more funny and amusing than the other messages. If you want to lighten things up a bit, go with this option.
10. “It is one thing to be a boss, another to be a leader and an entirely different thing to be a mentor. We are so lucky to have had a boss, leader and mentor like you. Thank you for everything that you do.”
This is a very heartfelt, lovely thank you note to boss to choose.
11. “After working for an amazing boss like you, I always feel left out when I am hanging out with my friends. Whenever they start to complain about their bosses, all I can do is sit with nothing to say. Thank you for making me into an outcast.”
If you are lucky enough to have this problem, make sure that you thank your boss for it!
12. “I just wanted you to know that you are appreciated. Your abilities and leadership skills have been an inspiration for all of us. Thank you so much.”
This is a simple, easy way to show how much you appreciate your boss.
13. “Thank you so much for your inspirational leadership. Thanks!”
This is another simple message. If you don’t want anything too flowery or extensive, go with this choice.
14. “By giving me a bonus, you have made me feel appreciated by yourself and the company. Thank you so much!”
If you have just been given a bonus at work, make sure that you thank your boss for it. With any luck, it will be just the first of many bonuses to come.
15. “Most managers only worry about the company’s profits. You also worry about making your employees happy. Thank you so much for being such a considerate boss.”
Some managers just want to boost the bottom line, but others genuinely care. If your boss genuinely cares about employees, make sure you express how you feel and show your thanks.
16. “It feels so amazing to work in such a positive environment. Working under your tutelage has been an amazing opportunity for me. Thank you!”
Not everyone is lucky enough to work at a positive, supportive workplace. Show your appreciation if you are lucky enough to have such a good workplace.
17. “Thank you for being our role model as well as our manager. We appreciate all of the skills and knowledge that you have given us. Thank you for being such a great leader!”
The best managers set the example for the rest of the team.
18. “Thank you for always being so encouraging and supportive. Thank you for all the advice you have given that has helped me to succeed. Basically, thank you for everything that you have done and continue to do.”
This is a nice message to send your boss.
19. “The entire team wanted to thank you for being such an amazing manager.”
This would be a simple, easy message to send with a gift that all of the employees bought together.
20. “You are the one who makes reading our KPIs and performance reviews something to look forward to. Thank you for livening up the workplace so much!”
This is another sweet message to send your boss.
21. “Since I first started working for you, I realize that I have changed a lot. You have made me a better person in so many ways and are one of the reasons why I am always trying my best. Thank you—I appreciate you in so many ways!”
Over the years, you may realize just how much your boss has changed your life. Show them how important they are with messages like this.
22. “You lead your employees with determination and vision. You never have to be annoying or dominating to lead the way. Instead, you use respect to martial all of us to your side. As a leader, you are a role model for everyone around you.”
This is a nice way to show your employer how much you appreciate them.
23. “Your decision-making skills have inspired me so much. Thank you!”
This is a simple way to show that your boss inspires you to be a better employee and leader.
24. “I just wanted to express my gratitude for being so inspiring. Thank you for everything that you have taught me.”
This is another message that works if your boss is extremely inspiring.
25. “The whole team wanted to say what an inspiration you are for us. Thank you for everything that you do.”
Obviously, you should probably make sure that everyone on the team feels the same way before you send this message.
26. “Because of you, it feels like we work in a community instead of a workplace. I have learned so much from you. Thank you for all of your efforts and support.”
This is a good message to choose.
27. “You are two in one: a boss and a friend. Who knew it would be so easy to get a work-life balance? Thanks!”
Everyone wants to have a good work-life balance. You are extremely lucky if your time at work feels like fun as well.
28. “Thank you for all of your support and understanding. I couldn’t have asked for a better boss.”
This sounds like a message that would work well after your boss has helped you out with something specific.
29. “You had no reason to push me into becoming an exceptional employee, but you still invested so much time in me. Thank you for all of your efforts as a mentor.”
You can give this message to your boss if he or she has been an amazing mentor for you.
30. “The success I have had in my career is partly due to all of your encouragement and support. I appreciate all that I have learned from you and value your support.”
When you have a good boss, it can make a huge difference in your career.