Whether you play volleyball competitively or just like a good game of beach volleyball, these volleyball puns and jokes are for you. You can use these volleyball puns to lighten the mood during a tough game or use them as your status on Facebook.
1. Why did the volleyball player cross the street? There were players on the other side.
2. What can you serve and never eat? A volleyball!
3. Why were the volleyball players always tying in tic tac toe? Each time one of them sets an X, the other player just says O.
4. Why do you need six players to carry the volleyball to the game? No one can carry the volleyball and a whole team.
5. What does Darth Vader say when he plays volleyball? May the spike be with you.
6. Why do volleyball players love to swim? They like diving in the deep and then floating in the shallow.
7. What is the fastest way to make a setter angry? Each time you make a pass, tell the setter the ball is “Up” and then say “Yours!”
8. Some call them opponents. We call them victims. It sounds like you have the right mindset to succeed on the court!
9. Why do volleyball players join the military? They want to gain extra experience in the service.
10. What should you do when you play volleyball against a team of satanists? You beat the hell out of them.
11. Why did the volleyball player cross the street? There was a team member bar tending who could serve spiked drinks.
12. What should you wear when you play against the National Volleyball Team? Football helmets.
13. How did the serve know when the bad serve was not with the hand? The server knew it was the foot fault.
14. What is the worst advice a coach could ever give to a nude volleyball team? Play hard.
15. Why are volleyball players always so blameless? They always pass the blame and try to avoid faults.
16. How many volleyball referees do you need to screw in a light bulb? None because they are always in the dark.
17. Why did the volleyball players like to practice in the library? Their coach said that they’d be doing some reading today.
18. How are a volleyball player and a carpenter similar? They both love to hammer spikes.
19. Why did the volleyball players line up from shortest to tallest? The coach wanted the team to switch from a 5-1 line up to a 6-2.
20. How many middle-hitters do you need to screw in a light bulb? Only one, but the the setter has to put it perfectly in their hand first.
21. Why did the volleyball player have ropes and shoe strings? They wanted to tie the score.
22. Why can you never use a serve receive pattern against a sniper? They’d all start running for cover.
23. Why do benched players always seem to look so wise? They don’t have to look like fools on the floor and entertain the crowds.
24. How are waiters and blockers similar? When they do a good job, they get a big fat tip.
25. What do you call a girl who is standing directly in the middle of the court? Annette.
26. Why do hitters find it so hard to be productive when they are indoors? They always work on an angle to play outside.
27. You should call us butter because we are on a roll. This would be one of the best volleyball puns to put on a T-shirt.
28. Where do ghosts play volleyball at? At the volleyball corpse.
29. Who directs all of the movies about volleyball injuries? Spike Lee.
30. How can you tell when a coach doesn’t know what they are doing? When the real coach is yelling from in the stands.
31. Why should you not play volleyball in court? Because you could get arrested.
32. Why did the volleyball player join the marines? To serve our country.
33. Did you hear about the volleyball players who are getting married? They say it was love at first spike.
34. Why did the blonde volleyball player end up getting fired from her waitressing job? Someone said she needed to serve the food.
35. What do volleyball players watch during their free time? They watch Spike TV.
36. What is the first time that a volleyball match was talked about in the Bible? When Joseph served in the Pharaoh’s court.
37. What do you call a professional beach volleyball player who doesn’t have a boyfriend or a girlfriend? Homeless.
38. There is no glory in practice, but without practice there can be no glory. This volleyball pun is very inspirational. For you to do your best, you have to be willing to practice.
39. Why did the volleyball player get sent to jail? Because he was set up.
40. Why are spiders such great volleyball players? Because they have an amazing topspin.
41. How do volleyball players deliver their messages? Through Air Mail.
42. What do police officers do when they are on the volleyball court? They serve and protect.
43. How are a volleyball coach and a dentist similar? They both use drills.
44. What does a volleyball player do when they go to prom? They spike the punch.
45. Why did the volleyball player not want to travel? Because he had been there and dug that.
46. Why did they arrest the volleyball player? They suspected foul play.
47. Setters do it better. This sounds like a good motto to put on a T-shirt.
48. What do volleyball players do when they go to church? Serve God.
49. Volleyball is air affair. This would be a good motto for your team.
50. Why did the other volleyball team bow? Because they heard that the queens of the court were there.
51. We pass expectations, set the standards and kill the competition. This is definitely one of the best volleyball puns to use as your team’s motto.
52. Why can’t a fish every play volleyball? They are afraid of the net.
53. Our game is as tight as our spandex. This would be an awesome team motto.
54. Did you hear about the battery and the volleyball who got into a fight? The volleyball is waiting to go to church and the battery was charged.
55. We like rough sets. As long as you practice safe sets, there isn’t a problem.
56. Why should you you stand on the service line? So that you can order ice cream.
57. They say that volleyball is just mind over matter. Because in our minds, you don’t matter.
58. Set or be set. This is certainly the right way to look at things.
59. What happens if the Grim Reaper spikes the ball? You have to dig your own grave.
60. They say that you can spike a volleyball. But you can never take away its dig-nity.
61. How does a volleyball team welcome their new neighbors? With a block party.
62. What do volleyball players like in bed? Kinky sets.
63. Why did the volleyball player get thrown out of the party? He spiked the punch.
64. I’ve got 99 problems. But a block ain’t one.
65. If volleyball were easy, they would call it football. That is certainly true!
66. You can forget about winning, princess. Because even Cinderella can’t get to this ball.
67. Did you hear the terrible rumor about the volleyball player? That’s what she set!
68. What is a volleyball player’s favorite drink? Sets on the Beach.