The wedding toast is one of the most important parts of the wedding reception. When you stand before the crowd, dozens or hundreds of eyes turn to you. The smartest thing to do is plan out your wedding toast in advance. You should spend some time practicing it in front of a mirror and have a friend listen to your speech.
The best wedding toasts incorporate personal stories about the bride and groom. Often, you start with a story about the person you knew first and then finish with how the couple is together. You should also be careful about the stories you use. While funny stories can lighten the mood, you don’t want anything too embarrassing. This is the bride and groom’s special day, so stick to stories that they will actually enjoy.
Figuring out the perfect wedding toast can be difficult. To get you started, we have a number of wedding toast examples that you can use as is, modify or intermingle to make the perfect toast.
Wedding Toast Examples
1. True love is not about how often you say, “I love you.” Love is about showing each and every day that you care for the person. Your actions are what show your love, not what you say. Throughout your marriage, may you continue to show how much you love each other every single day. Here is a toast to a lovely couple on their wedding day.
2. May you always have a roof to keep out the rain and walls to keep you from the wind. May you always have laughter to cheer you, tea to comfort you by the fire and everything that your heart could want. Congratulations, (Bride) and (Groom)!
3. Let’s have a toast to the good health of the bride. Let’s toast to the good health of the groom and the couple together. Let’s raise another glass to everyone in this room!
4. Love is something that endures, believes and hopes. It never fails. Whenever you have a dark day or need support, love is always there. Let’s all raise our glasses together to the beautiful love of (Bride) and (Groom), and the unfaltering, strong love that they share.
5. I would like to give you two lovebirds a bit of advice on your wedding day. Never stop laughing. Even when the jokes aren’t funny, share your laughter together.
6. When you are lucky enough to find your true love, you should never let them go. (Bride) and (Groom) are unbelievably lucky to find someone who makes their heart soar. Congratulations on your good luck, and may you be as happy each day of your marriage as you are today.
7. I would like to use this moment to congratulate both of you on getting married! In the next years and decades, you will get to grow old together. While your bodies age, your love will always be young as long as you stay young at heart together. If you can stay young at heart, your relationship will be just as exciting in 30 years as it is today.
8. Before today, I have watched (Bride) and (Groom) fall in love with each other, become a couple and get engaged. Now, I finally get to see them married. They have what it takes for a successful, happy marriage. I want to propose a toast to both of you. I know I speak for everyone else when I say that I wish that you will have a long, happy and healthy life as a couple.
9. For as long as I have known you, I have known that you could find joy in anything. Now, I see that you have found a reason for more joy in your life. Together, I hope that you will have a life full of love and joy.
10. To the lovely bride and her groom, I want to offer you my best wishes. May you always have a cheerful home filled with the people you love. Here’s to the bride and groom!
11. Cheers to the lovely couple, and may you have a honeymoon as amazing as you are. May your life be happy and your marriage devoid of strife.
12. As the days pass by, I hope that we will always remember this special day when my favorite couple proclaimed their undying love and their decision to be together forever.
13. Love is something that this world needs more of. (Bride) and (Groom) are so lucky to have so much love in their relationship and plenty of extra love to go around. Thank you for sharing your love with us on your special day. A toast of thanks for inviting us to witness your love and a wish for more days as happy as this one.
14. As you two start your new life together, remember this: If you can always cherish one another and treat each other with kindness, your love will last for a lifetime.
15. We are all so lucky to witness such an amazing, boundless love. You two are blessed to share such an immense love for each other. Let’s raise a glass to (Bride) and (Groom) in honor of their never-ending love.
16. I think that it is safe to say that we will all remember this special day with fondness. I believe I speak for everyone when I say congratulations to the bride and groom. Here is to a marvelous new chapter in your lives.
17. May you two always be rich in blessings, but poor in misfortune. Here is to an amazing wedding day that is just the start of an even more amazing marriage.
18. To the lovely bride and groom: May you always find happiness in each other and comfort in your new home. Join me, everyone, as we raise a glass to these newlyweds.
19. To truly experience the meaning of joy, you have to find someone else to experience it with. It is a miracle that you two managed to find someone to share your joy and happiness with you. I raise my glass to you, your wedding and many happy anniversaries to come.
20. To (Bride) and (Groom), may your love be as everlasting as your wedding rings. May you find comfort and joy in your relationship together.
21. I wanted to say congratulations to the newlyweds on their special day. As you start your new journey together, always remember that the first responsibility toward the one you love is to listen.
22. Here is to the couple with the heart of gold, a wish that their love will grow as they grow old.
23. As you celebrate one of the happiest days of your life, remember that more happy days are still to come. In the meanwhile, let’s raise a glass to celebrate your marriage and in hopes of a long life filled with happiness.
24. To the couple we all know, the love of our hearts. We wish the best for you as you make the best of starts.
25. Real love is everything you see in the movies. People are cynical about it because they are unable to find a love like yours. Sometimes, you have to fight and make sacrifices to keep your love strong. You have to be strong and fearless. Together, you have shown these qualities and so much more. Let us all raise a glass to toast a happy future together for the newlyweds.
26. To the bride and groom: On this amazing day, I wanted to wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness together. Your wedding day will be a date that we will all remember forever.
27. (Bride) and (Groom) should get three cheers for their amazing commitment to each other. Your steadfast decision to marry is not one that was made lightly. I know that your best years are still ahead of you. Let’s raise our glasses to toast a happy future for the new couple.
28. To find your soulmate is a blessing that many people are never able to enjoy. Thank you for allowing all of us to share in your blessing today. May the rest of your lives together be equally blessed.
29. (Bride) and (Groom), I hope you find joy in each of your days together. Congratulations today. I hope you remember this special day always as you become husband and wife.
30. You have honored me by allowing me to be a part of your ceremony. I was honored to be a part of such a beautiful ceremony and fun reception. Let us all raise a toast to the new Mr. and Mrs. ______.
31. From now on, you will never be alone. As husband and wife, you will always have the support, love and compassion of each other. You will also have the support of your friends and family as you start your new life together. Congratulations to the lovely bride and groom on this wonderful day.
32. Here is to the wife, and here is to the husband. May you stay in love forever.
33. Let us all raise our glasses to two wonderful people, the love they share together and a beautiful wedding.
34. Let us all toast that this marriage will be as strong and enduring as their love for each other.
35. To (Bride) and (Groom), we love you dearly. May your love be as deep as the ocean, as wide as the sea and your worries as light as the foam of the ocean.
36. Here is to laughter, love and a happily ever after ending. Your fairy tale is just beginning!
37. Watching you two together has renewed my belief in true love. I am so blessed and honored to be included today. Let us all toast the two people who we have been brought together to celebrate.
38. This is an unforgettable night and such a special celebration. You are the perfect pair, and it is easy to see how deeply in love you are. Let us toast the exciting road ahead of the young couple. Here is to many new adventures!
39. Here is to a bride so fair and a groom so rare. Let’s celebrate the happy couple!
40. What is love? It can be unpredictable, confusing and difficult to understanding. It is also the strongest thing in the world. I am so glad that you have found a soul mate who loves you so deeply. Cheers to the happy couple. May your love serve as a shining beacon for everyone around you.
41. When love is what rules your heart, everything becomes possible. Together, you will do great things.
42. There is no cure for love but more love. Remember this on good days and bad as you become husband and wife. I wish you nothing but many happy memories together, now and in the future.
Wedding Toast Examples for Parents
1. (Bride), you have been my pride and joy. I have wondered for years if there would ever be someone who was good enough for you. I am happy to have found the answer in (Groom). Seeing how happy you are together makes me happier than you could ever realize.
2. When you are a parent, all you want is what is best for your child. Thankfully, my son has found happiness with his new bride. Join me as we toast my new daughter-in-law and son.
3. Hello! I am the mother of the bride. Some say that parents find their true joy when their child finds true love. Here is to your joy and ours.
4. As a mother, I always worry about my child, even though he is not a child any longer. It does not matter how smart or talented he is. A parent can’t help but worry. While I never stop worrying, I feel more relaxed now that he has found his new wife. Their love, respect and affection for each other reassure me that he will have a happy life ahead of them.
5. I have always worried about my daughter in life. Would she find the right job? Would she marry someone who deserves her? Would she find happiness in life? Today, at least two of these questions are answered. Seeing her with (Groom) reassures me that my daughter will have a great, happy life together.
6. There have been so many times over the years when I thought it was impossible to be any prouder of my daughter. Today is another one of those days. I could not be happier or prouder of you. As I look at you in your beautiful dress, I see a strong, confident woman who has committed to someone equally wonderful. My heart is full of joy as I know how happy you are now and will be in the future.
7. As someone who saw (Groom) as a beautiful baby, I am not surprised that he became such a handsome, intelligent young man. While he has always been intelligent, the smartest thing he ever did was propose to (Bride). She is as beautiful inside as she is outside. We are lucky to gain a new daughter, and our son is blessed to find such a well-suited bride.
Wedding Toast Examples That Are Religious
1. Today, we watch as (Bride) and (Groom) dedicate their bodies, minds and souls to each other. We have all been blessed to witness this wonderful commitment. Together, let us raise a glass to toast the new bride and groom.
2. What God has joined together, let no man separate. Let us all join together to congratulate the bride and groom on their blessed day.
3. Congratulations to (Bride) and (Groom)! I know that I am not alone when I wish you all of God’s blessings on your marriage, your family and your future together.
4. To find real love in this world is one of the biggest blessings that you could ever enjoy. The Bible says to love one another as Jesus loved us. Now, you two know the depths of love and how it can transform your lives. We are all incredibly fortunate to know you and to see such a special partnership form together.
5. Let us all rejoice in this blessing of love that is shared by the bride and groom. This marriages is a steadfast declaration of their love for each other, made before God. Congratulations to a couple that we are all so
6. May the Lord teach this young couple to stand together through thick and thin. May they be as steadfast in their love for each other in the future as they are today. Let us toast the good health and long relationship of these newlyweds.
7. It is said that marriage is a gift that God gave to man. May your happiness together be a reflection of that gift. Thank you for sharing your happiness and blessings with everyone hear on your special day.
8. One of the greatest blessings that God ever gave was love. What are we without His love? How can we fully live our lives without loving our fellow man? By loving each other, (Bride) and (Groom) have everything that they could need in life. Let us all toast the beautiful love and relationship that (Bride) and (Groom) share.
9. To (Bride) and (Groom), may you honor the Lord through your love for each other and through your marriage. Let’s all toast their happiness, health and new relationship.
Wedding Toast Examples That Are Humorous
1. People say that love is blind, but I don’t believe it. Anyone who has been within a city block of (Bride) and (Groom) can see just how happy they are together. I would like to toast these newlyweds as they start their lives together. May their love be as radiant as the sun and only grow stronger with each passing day.
2. Some say that men are not complete until they are married and settled down properly. After that, they are finished. Congratulations, (Bride) and (Groom). All jokes aside, I hope you have a life together that is as wonderful as you are.
3. Marriage is like a workshop. The wife shops, the husband works. Seriously though, marriage is all about achieving a state of balance. No matter what role you play in the relationship, you must be willing to complement your partner. The best relationships are built on respect, communication and love for each other. Since you two have those qualities in spades, I don’t think I even have to toast your marital happiness—happiness for you two is assured. Congratulations!
4. Marriage is the best way to annoy someone forever. Try not to take advantage of that too much though. Let’s all raise our glasses and toast the happiness of the bride and groom!
5. After, (Groom) stole (Bride’s) heart, she got him back and stole his last name. Altogether, I think things worked out pretty fairly. Let’s toast the happiness of these lovebirds on their special day. Congratulations to the bride and groom!
6. Smart, beautiful, intelligent, honest . . . but enough about me. I’m here to talk about the room. He has always been the person I looked up to and wanted to be. His love for (Bride) has inspired me. He has found the perfect match, and I would like to raise a glass to the two of them.
7. Love is a temporary insanity that can only be cured by marriage. (Bride) and (Groom): Thank you so much for bringing us together to witness your special day. May we all join together now to toast the happiness, help and love of these newlyweds.
8. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. _____! Never forget about how crazy in love you were, but make sure that you don’t drive each other crazy!
9. Marriage is an odd arrangement where you can annoy someone for the rest of forever. Luckily, this annoyance is worth it if you really love each other. May you two annoy each other for many years to come!
10. As you start your married life together, remember the four magic words that will keep your marriage going strong forever: “I”ll do the dishes.”