We all know that guys are complicated creatures. Especially the young ones who are just trying to figure out how to get a girl’s attention. Sometimes, they do things that completely throw themselves off, much less us girls. And since they always feel off-balanced, they can leave us feeling the same way trying to figure out what they are actually meaning by the things they say and do.
There are guys with no fear, who jump right in and tell you how they feel only to leave you confused by the sudden rush of attention, and then there are they guys who tiptoe around their feelings so long that you are not even sure they have any feelings anymore.
When guys are tiptoeing, the mixed signals can be crazy confusing. It only takes about a week before you give up completely on trying to figure them out. To help you streamline your process, and keep you from giving up, I have got a few reasons for their odd behavior that guys themselves have provided.
If a guy you know has been asking how your day has gone, then you will find these answers very helpful. So, what does it mean when a guy asks you how your day was?
1. It means he is interested in dating you and is trying to connect with you on a more meaningful, daily level. This means that the guy you have been talking to is trying to become a more permanent part of your life by giving you someone to talk to about your day and is inviting himself in to be that person.
2. He is trying to keep the conversation light and continuing by asking you a question that you can easily answer without too much thought. It is like a small offering of comfort in what is bound to be a nervous conversation.
3. If he does this every day, it is a sign that he wants to be a good friend of yours, which is still a romantic thing in most cases as friends make the best dating partners.
4. If he does it once or twice, he is fishing to see if you are interested in meeting up.
5. He is trying to flirt but is unsure of how to get that across without seeming cheesy or creepy. Insinuating himself into your life by trying to talk to you more is a sure sign that he is interested in something more even if he does not know how to make that clear.
6. He just wants to talk to you. When this kind of thing happens on a monthly or bimonthly basis with a guy friend, it could just mean that he respects you as a friend and wants someone to talk to about something going on in his life. He starts the conversation by asking about your day because that is the polite thing to do.
7. He is seeing where your interests lay. He is providing you with every opportunity to let him know how you feel about him. One of the first ways that a guy tests your affections for him is to get you used to speaking to him, and then stop suddenly. If you contact him, then he knows you are interested. If you do not, then he knows to move on.
8. He is casually talking to a few girls to see which of them he is interested in seeing more frequently and you are one of them. Guys have a tendency to do this and will fish for more information about the girls they are interested in to see if it is worth the effort of dating.
Also, remember that your response is just as important. If you aren’t interested, let him know. If you are, then flirt, ask him lots of personal questions, or suggest getting together. Honestly, the worst that can happen is that he says he’s not interested in you like that.
Your friendship should be pretty solid by this point, so romance is only one step away and, if he’s not wanting to take that step, you’re friendship will be able to survive.
No matter what these guys answered, the difference is in the details. Listen to the tone of his voice. Does he sound flirtatious, casual, seductive, or depressed? Use that tone, along with context clues, like what time he asks you, whether it is in person or over texts, and how frequently he does so to help you figure it out.
As in most other relationship questions, you already know the answer. All you have to do is shut off your mind for a little bit and really pay attention to him and you will have your answer. The real question is, are you happy about that answer?