Guys are complicated creatures. They have a way of knocking a girl right off her feet and then leaving her cold and alone. Just when she gets used to the cold, he walks right back up and offers her a warm fire. It’s so confusing that girls are typically left with their heads spinning trying to keep up with his latest mood.
One of a guy’s favorite moves to knock a girl off balance is the cold shoulder. They like to pretend that women are the complicated ones that play mind games, but guys have an entire playbook of them and women hate mind games. Also, if a woman is thinking of giving a guy the cold shoulder, it’s normally because he did something idiotic. A guy just does it to see what happens and to force you into being the submissive one. At least that’s what it always seems like.
In order to figure out why guys decide to give a girl the cold shoulder, or block her suddenly, I went out and asked a few guys to explain their odd behavior. Hopefully this will help us to understand what is going on in their minds so that we aren’t so damn confused anymore. Here are the responses I got:
1. He got what he wanted from you and doesn’t care to see you anymore. This is well-known as the old hump ‘n dump. If a guy is only after one thing and he gets it, he has no use for you anymore. That is, unless a time comes around that he wants to get it again and then he’ll suddenly come back around.
2. He is no longer interested and doesn’t want you digging around in his business. There is normally a confrontation of some sort before this happens like a break-up, or an argument. Or maybe you know he was just cheating on your best friend and he doesn’t want that info leaking.
3. He is confused about his own emotions and is taking a break from you to figure them out. This is okay because it is better for you if he figures them out before getting you involved in any way. There is nothing worse than getting with a guy and then figuring out that he isn’t sure about his own intentions. He could also be really into you and confused about his reactions to you.
4. He needs space and time to think. In order to have that quiet moment, he took you out of the picture. This is not necessarily a bad thing. He could be trying to figure out if he’s ready to propose, or if his head is in-line with his heart.
5. He is following bad advice to try and get you to miss him and realize your feelings for him. This is one of those mind games that men pull. Why not just ask you how you feel about him? No one really knows. But this is one of his go-to moves to have you eating out of the palm of his hand. It’s the old trick of calling you every day and then waiting you out to see if you’ll go to him.
6. He is trying to prove a point to you. Yes, it’s yet another mind game. Perhaps you disagreed with something he said and he is now trying to get the point across that if you don’t agree with him, he won’t like you. Blocking you is his way of shutting you out until you beg. Don’t beg.
7. He disagreed with you about something and doesn’t know how to talk to you about it, so he just cut off communication instead. This is pretty childish, but we have all done it in one way or another at some point. The blocking will probably only be temporary since the two of you will eventually forget about the whole disagreement.
8. He is tired of seeing your status updates about your meals, your workouts, and everything else that you are doing. Some people prefer simplicity and constant updates clog their feeds. Don’t take it personally; just shrug it off and move on.
If you get the sudden cold shoulder from a guy, at least you’ll have a few ideas about what could be causing the odd behavior. Just figure out if he’s worth it to you to go through the trouble of deciphering his reasons and getting him back. If he’s not, then just let it go and move on with your life. If you think he’s playing mind games, run in the other direction because he sucks and you don’t want to deal with that in your life. If you like him and think he’s worth it, then just ask him what’s up. It’s the easiest thing to do.
If He Likes Me Why Did He Block Me
There are many reasons why a guy might like you and still block you. If you are dating someone or seem like you might be about to date someone, he might have given up. He doesn’t want to see posts or photos of you with your potential boyfriend.
It is also entirely possible that he got tired of waiting. If he told you that he liked you more than a few weeks ago, he may have expected an answer of some sort before now. Before long, he became tired of waiting around to see if you would date him or ever like him back. Instead of remaining heartbroken forever, he has decided to move on.
There is also a chance that he is angry at you for some reason. Did you recently get into an argument? Did you do something to hurt his feelings? He may have blocked you because he is upset. He could still like you, but he just does not want to talk to you at the moment.
If a guy thinks that there is no potential relationship with you, he may block you and move on. It isn’t fair for him to wait around forever, so he may just give up and try to move on with his life.
Why Did He Block Me for No Reason
You know that you did not offend him. You never got into an argument or did anything wrong. So why did he block you for no reason? Unfortunately, you may never know the real answer to this.
While you cannot know the reason why, he does. There is no clear reason from your side of the equation, but he definitely had a reason for blocking you. He may be trying to “ghost” you, or he may have been tired of waiting for a relationship that wasn’t going to happen. Perhaps he found a new crush that he is about to start dating and didn’t want to tell you that. Whatever the case, he probably has a reason for blocking you.
If you don’t think that you did anything wrong, then you probably didn’t. Whatever his reason is, it is entirely his choice and not a reflection on you at all. His reason may be unfair, but you will never get to ask him about it now because he blocked you. If he never talked to you about the reason and just blocked you, this is a good sign that you should just move on—he either does not want a relationship or he isn’t emotionally ready for a relationship right now.
When a Guy Blocks You on WhatsApp
There are a few common reasons for why a guy might block you on WhatsApp. When a guy blocks you on WhatsApp, it generally means that he is not interested in a relationship or he is upset for some reason. If you know that you did nothing to offend him or make him angry, then take this as a sign that he does not want to pursue the relationship further and move on.
Some of the most common reasons for when a guy blocks you on WhatsApp include:
– He wanted something more from your relationship than he is currently getting.
– He has a new girlfriend or someone who he thinks is about to be his girlfriend.
– He is upset, angry or offended about something.
– He was too cowardly to tell you that he wasn’t interested anymore.
– He wanted a casual fling, but he realized that you wanted more out of the relationship.
– He is tired of messaging you for whatever reason.
Again, the one thing that you know for sure is that you should move on. Even if he gets over his reason for blocking you, blocking someone is not what emotionally mature people do in a relationship.
Why Would a Guy Block You on Facebook
The meaning behind a guy blocking you on Facebook depends a lot on your current relationship. Did you just break up? Were you just flirting a bit and he suddenly disappeared? Are you only friends?
If you just broke up, then he probably blocked you so that he no longer has to see your photos or be tempted to message you again. He wants to move on, and this is the best way that he can think of to heal and show you that it is really over.
If you are currently in a relationship, he may have blocked you because he is angry after a fight or wants to break up. He may also be afraid of where the relationship is heading. If you just started dating, he may have realized that the relationship was going to be more serious than he meant it to be, so he wants to avoid committing anymore.
If he was just a friend, then it is most likely that he was angry or he has a girlfriend who doesn’t want him to message you. It is also possible that he wanted to be more than just friends. When he realized that you were only interested in friendship, he decided to save himself the heartache and move on.
He Blocked Me on His Phone
If he blocked you on his phone, it definitely means that he does not want to talk to you again—at least, not in the near future. Before you try to figure out why he blocked you, remember to respect his boundaries. Blocking you is a clear sign that he does not want to talk, so don’t try to force him to.
A guy can block you on his phone for a number of different reasons. He may be a coward and wanted to break up without having to actually tell you. He could just be upset about something. Perhaps he realized that you only wanted friendship and decided to move on. Whatever the reason, the one thing that you know for sure is that he is done talking. For the moment, all you can do is respect his need for space and stop talking to him.
Blocking you can happen because a guy needs space. He may not want to hurt himself anymore by talking to you, or he may be afraid of hurting you by blowing up after a break up. In some cases, guys will even block someone to hurt or manipulate her. He may want to show that he has the power and make you crawl back to him. Don’t give him the satisfaction.
Why Did He Block Me on Everything?
You thought that he may have just needed space when you noticed that you were blocked on Facebook. Then, you noticed that he blocked you on everything. What does he mean by this and what should you do about it?
Whatever his reasons are, a guy clearly does not want to talk if he blocked you on everything. He went out of his way to block you on each social media account, app and phone. The best thing you can do is avoid talking to him. He clearly does not want to talk and needs his space, so respect that boundary.
If a guy blocks you on everything, it is unlikely that he wants a relationship. It may be his way of breaking things off or showing you that he doesn’t want to pursue a relationship. He could be angry at you, but he could also just be tired of talking when he doesn’t want your conversations to lead to anything. Whatever the case, his actions are a sign that you should just forget about him and move on.