Women are from Venus and men are from Mars. We’ve all heard the expression a million times, but on some occasions, the differences in the way we talk and speak to each other drives that point home. What men say and what they mean are sometimes complete opposites and they are just fishing for the answer they want.
One of the most confusing things for a woman to understand is what a guy means when he says “I want you.” Depending on the way he’s talking, how he’s acting, and how well you know him, it could mean a few different things. Here are some helpful hints and options for you:
1. The number one thing a guy means by “I want you” is that he wants to have sex with you. If he was actually into you long term, he would say “I need you” instead. Pay attention to the time frames that you hear from him in as well. If it’s only at night, or on weekdays, then he just wants sex. If it’s frequently, and on the weekends too, then he wants more.
2. He wants you to want to have sex with him. This is different than before, because he is wanting the satisfaction of knowing that you want him.
3. He actually likes you and would like to date you but doesn’t know how to say it. If he laughs at your jokes, talks about personal stuff like his family, and makes a lot of eye contact, but seems interested in more than just a one-night stand, then you’ll know.
4. He wants you on his fantasy football team, or some other activity. Not everything is sexual, so make sure you know who you are talking to and pay attention to the way he says it.
5. He wants you to be his girlfriend, but he definitely wants sex too, not just a date. This is a strings-attached sexual relationship. He doesn’t want the three-date rule in place, he wants to go out and then have sex only to repeat it every time you go out.
6. He’s letting you know that he doesn’t want you to put him in the friendzone and is interested in you for the future.
7. He literally just wants you around him in whatever form that takes.
8. He wants you in every way, sexually, mentally, and emotionally. This generally is said differently than “I want you” but some men like to just keep things simple.
9. He wants your support. He is asking you to stand by him.
10. He wants you to understand that he wants sex and absolutely nothing else. Do not expect follow up calls unless he really enjoyed it and you’re the new booty call which will not change so don’t get roped into having feelings for him.
11. He finds you very attractive. Simple as that. Of course, he hopes putting that out there will lead to other things, but he’s just saying for right now that you’re hot!
12. He finds you to be an object of desire. Make sure you read that important word. Object. He will not put any more value on you past getting a roll in the hay. Unless you’re looking for a one-nighter as well, avoid this one.
13. He wants to be the guy you think of when you’re thinking about a guy.
14. He wants you to hang around, but he doesn’t want any kind of relationship right then. He just wants a backup plan to in case his current girl drops him.
If all else fails and you really don’t know what the heck he means when he says “I want you” then just ask him. Men are typically honest in this day and age and will tell you they just want to be friends with benefits, sex-buddies, or spend a night with you.
Remember to actually listen to what he says. If he tells you that he just wants to hook up and doesn’t want a relationship, believe him. Don’t think that will change after a great night of sex, because it won’t. He doesn’t value you that way, he just wants a little fun.
If the two of you do hook-up and you still don’t know where you stand, the next day will tell you everything you need to know. Does he send a short one-line text, or does he call and want to get coffee?
If he texts you a generic text and then waits a few days to text again, he’s just keeping you interested enough to have sex again, but know enough to fall for him. If he calls and messages a few times a day, he’s interested in a relationship. If you want to know what he’s thinking, listen to what he’s not saying.