Having someone pull away from you can be one of the most heartbreaking things that can happen. One day everything is fine and you feel happy, then the next she is distancing herself from you with leaving no reason as to why. Suddenly the relationship seems dull and cold, when just yesterday is was full of light and love.
It doesn’t always matter if you have money, looks or charm, a woman may end up pulling away from you at some point or another. You’re here, reading this, because you are probably wondering why this happening. You might be asking yourself what did I do to deserve this? Why doesn’t she seem interested anymore? What am I doing wrong?
The first thing that you will need to do is stay calm and remember that it’s not always your fault!
Try not to place the blame solely on yourself just yet, because at this point you are not even sure why she is doing what she is doing.
So, the next question is, what are you supposed to do when she starts creating distance between the two of you?
The first thing you want to do is become a detective. Put on your Sherlock hat and start thinking my friend! You need to think about what may have caused her to start pulling away. Of course you don’t know the answer to that or you wouldn’t be here, but now we are encouraging you to really turn that brain power on high and give it some good thought. You won’t know if there is a chance at fixing the situation unless you figure out the problem that caused it in the first place.
But it’s important to remember that not everything that is broken can be fixed, even if you know what broke it in the first place.
What are some reasons she may be pulling away?
- She has too much going on in her life. She does not feel like she has the ability to continue the pursuit of your relationship, because outside factors are getting in the way. Don’t take this personally. Although it stings to know that you may not be her biggest priority in life, you can relax knowing that it wasn’t anything that you did that pushed her away. Sometimes life gets in the way.
- There is another guy in the picture. As crappy as that would be, you can’t force someone to love you. If she is happier with someone else, then it’s up to you to remind yourself that you don’t deserve someone who doesn’t want to fully commit to you.
- She has depression or another mental illness that is preventing her from maintaining healthy relationships. Sometimes mental illness convinces people to give up on relationships. It can make it difficult for them to realize that their illness is affecting their relationship with you. If this is the case, then it is crucial for you to be there for her, even if it feels like she doesn’t want you there. There is a good chance that you can get her the help she needs fast enough if you recognize the illness impacting her daily life.
- She lost interest. The worst case scenario would probably be that she just simply doesn’t like you anymore. Sometimes feeling’s change and that’s totally normal. As much as it may hurt, you must consider this as a possibility.
- You did something that pushed her off. As much as we don’t want to blame ourselves in these situations, the reality is that sometimes you may be the cause of your own failing relationship. Can you think of anything you may have done to upset her enough to the point of wanting to walk away? It’s important to think hard about it, because if you figure it out, you may be able to fix the problem.
The second thing that you should do is open up a line of communication between you and her. She may not be up to conversation, but it’s important that you try anyway. You need to let her know that you are there for her. Try your hardest to let her know that you won’t be giving up that easily. If she sees that you are putting your max effort in, then she may come back around. Without communication, there will be no hope in understanding or addressing the issue at hand. Find out if you owe her an apology. If you do, get started on creating a good one. Let her know that you are there to actively listen to her and help her through whatever the situation may be. It might even help if you let her know that you want to talk, even if she still wants to breakup or move on. That way you can at least get to a resolution, even if it may not be the one that you want.