Ah, so you met a girl. She is the light of your life right now. You’ve had your eyes on her for awhile now and it finally happened- She likes you back. You must be giddy with excitement at this point. But, careful pal, you don’t want to overdo it and scare her off. Please, remain calm! Don’t let your emotions get in the way of the goal here. What’s the goal? Taking things to the next level!
Developing a crush on someone is one thing, but doing something about it is a whole different thing. So, what do you do when you like a girl and she likes you back? What is the next step?
Be Sure That She Really Likes You
Just because she smiled at you twice today instead of just once doesn’t always mean that she likes you. It is important to not get ahead of yourself when it comes to a situation like this. Misreading the signs could end any chances that you have with this girl. If she hasn’t come out and blatantly said she likes you to your face, it may be a little bit complicated to find out if she really likes you or not. Fortunately, there are a few telltale signs that give away if a girl is starting to develop feelings for you.
What are those signs?
- Body Language: A girl will subconsciously make you aware that she likes you by using strong body language. She may play with her hair and giggle simultaneously. She might lean in close to you when the two of you are having a conversation. When a woman likes a man she will constantly find a way to touch him. These touches may be very gentle and they are easy to miss. She may grab your hand to pull you along, touch your knee during a discussion or sit close enough to you that your legs are touching. Women who do not like you will not touch you often or position themselves close to you. They will maintain distance.
- Talk: A girl who is interested in you will keep the line of communication open to you at all times. She will be the first one to initiate conversation with you and she will not be afraid to be the first to send a text. You may find her tones are lighter and more inflected. A woman trying to get a man’s attention will change her voice slightly to sound more feminine.
- Hangouts: If you notice that your hangout sessions are becoming more one on one and less with the rest of your group, there’s a good chance that she is developing feelings for you. She will try harder to get the two of you alone for your hangout time.
Let Her Know That You Are Interested In Her
You may have an idea about the fact that she is digging you, but she may not have a clue as to if you like her or not. Even if you have been making it completely obvious, sometimes people are oblivious to the attention they receive. So, before you do anything, be sure to express interest back at her. Let her know that you like, without actually saying it. Actions speak louder than words, or so they say. Spend a good amount of time around her. Use your body language to make her aware. How do you do that?
- Use your hands. Gently touch her elbow, knee or hand when you are talking together. This will signal that you are truly listening to her, as well as actually interested in what she is saying.
- Use your lips. Bite your lip subtly when you are having a conversation. This will let her know that you are physically attracted to her.
- Use your words. Compliments are underrated. Give her a lot of them! Flattery is everything when you are trying to woo someone and show them that you like them.
Ask Her Out
Now that you have both figured out that you like one another, it’s time to move to the final step in what to do when you like a girl and she likes you back. Here comes the time where you need to muster up all the courage that you possibly can. You’re going to go for the gold and ask her out. You both like each other, so why wait any longer?
Don’t be too blunt.
You will want to work your way up to this by flirting with her beforehand.
Make sure that you use your listening skills to store away information about her likes and interests. That way when it comes to asking her out, you can use her likes and interests as a foundation to build the perfect first date!