Having your lover be upset with you can definitely be trying to say the least. When one person in a relationship is feeling unhappy, it doesn’t take long for both persons to start feeling the negativity. When you upset your girlfriend, you might be at a total loss as to how to deal with it. What should you do? What should you say?
What you say to her when she’s feeling angry with you is crucial. You are going to want to think carefully and make sure that every word is on point. Saying the wrong thing? Well, that’s only going to complicate things so much more. So be attentive to what you say and how you say it. Make sure whatever you say fits the situation, too. You can’t just go around throwing any line at her and expecting it to go over smoothly. No, you must find the perfect response to ensure things end up being alright.
First Things First
You need to really think hard about this: Why is your girlfriend upset with you? Figuring out why is the most important thing you can do. That way you know what direction you should go with your words.
Is she mad at you for making a mistake?
Did you say something you shouldn’t have?
Was it just a misunderstanding?
But what if you don’t know why she’s upset? That just means you have to start investigating into it. You can always just outright ask her what has gotten her so disgruntled with you. That way you aren’t sitting around playing a guessing game.
What To Say When You’ve Made A Mistake
We all make mistakes. Especially in relationships. If you haven’t made one, then you’re probably one of the very few out there that can say so. After all, we are only human in the end. And humans are humans because of their ability to make mistakes and learn from them.
What’s the most important part about when you make a mistake? Expressing how terrible you feel about doing so and making it clear that it was unintentional. Showing your girlfriend that you are truly sorry is vital in getting her forgiveness. Simply saying that you are sorry might not be enough for her. She’s going to want to hear why you’re sorry and what you are going to do to fix it. Below we have compiled some examples that you can look at and apply to your certain situation if need be.
Things You Can Say:
- I am truly sorry I took your car without asking. I never should have done that, because it’s your property. It will never happen again, now that I see how much it bothers you.
- I know I messed up, I did not mean to take things so far. I would never have done it if I had known how much it was going to hurt you. I love you very much and hope that you will accept this apology.
- I know I threw away your notebook, but I wasn’t thinking when I did it. Sometimes I do things without thinking and I’m going to work on that. I hope you can forgive me. I’ll buy you a new notebook A.S.A.P.
What To Say When You Emotionally Hurt Her
When you hurt someone emotionally, it isn’t nearly as easy to get forgiveness for it as it is when you make a simple mistake. It may take your girlfriend more time to stop being upset with you when you have hurt her in such a deep way. You may have to do more than apologize. You may have to use actions versus words. What are some actions you can pair with an apology? We have some examples below.
Things You Can Do:
- Buy her favorite flowers and send them to her at work. It’s a tad bit cliche, but it will let her know that you are thinking of her.
- Take her on a romantic getaway to prove to her you love her and love spending quality time with her.
- Write a letter explaining how sorry you are and how much she means to you.
- Let her vent to you about all of the things on her mind. Even if they are things that you don’t want to hear. Letting her speak her mind will help calm her down and push things in a more positive direction.
- Just be kind. After you hurt someone, kindness is going to be the key to unlocking things again.
Things You Can Say:
- I never wanted to hurt you babe, you mean the world to me and I would do anything for you to not feel the way you do. What can I do to fix this?
- You are an angel sent from above made just for me. I cannot risk losing you. So I hope you truly believe me when I say how sorry I am.
- Hurting you was never the right way to deal with the situation. I should be more of an adult. I reacted before I thought and that wasn’t cool. I am so filled with regret, because I can’t imagine losing you.
All In All
Having an upset partner is never fun, but it can be dealt with if you know how to go about it the right way. Show her you love her, tell her you’re sorry and change things for the better. This is in your hands now, friend, we wish you the best.